Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 162

Naruto Shippuuden Episode 162

[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden - 162 - 720p | 480p

Well, Konoha just got steamrolled.

But finally the real shit is about to go down!

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

yeah, well Konoha completely wiped-out was unexpected.

But I LOVE the last scene with Naruto an the Frogs.

That was some jutsu, for sure. But at least now the Konoha folks don't need to care about protecting their village if they decide to pay their respects to Rain... Since there isn't a village to protect anymore.

It could be Naruto won't find much fight anymore in this Pain zombie if this jutsu was so powerful it even shortens Nagato's lifespan. The dude can't have too much chakra left anymore. Unless his haxor eyes allow him to suck chakra out of his countrymen or something.

Finally, a genuinely good episode after like 2 or 3 months of bleh. Nothing to complain about really except for questionable soundtrack choices.

Holy shit! Konoha done blowed up!

What the fucking fuck is going on in this arc?!

Man, are we at Naruto fighting Pain already? I can't believe nobody besides Kakashi and Konohamaru was able to put up a fight against a Pain.

Nobody else wanted to punch tenten in the face?

Why? Her position is understandable. The group leader is the forever young Gai plus his first disciple Rock and the remaining member in addition to her is Neji who happens to have a sort of inferiority complex and thus can't allow himself to lose to anybody. It must be hard for a normal person to be in such company. Breaks are likely few and far between.

Quote Originally Posted by Tohan View Post
    Nobody else wanted to punch tenten in the face?
    I allways want to do that. ;-)

For some reason I found myself enjoying this episode more than any of the others in the Pain vs. Konoha bunch, even Kakashi's fight. Maybe it was Tsunade's little back and forth with Shinra Tensei-Pain or it was seeing all my favorite shinobi back in the mix even if they were marvelously worthless against Pain and Konan. Or just aren't back in time for the party......

It was probably just the buildup to the Almighty Nuke, and which of course is then followed by sudden death overtime round of Pain vs. Konoha... is what did it for me. Now THAT is the epitome of a subtle entrance, on a giant toad on top of a colossal toad, subtlety's always been Naruto's specialty right? Quietest one yet.

Seemed like when Pain was talking to Tsunade while taking a dip inside of Shizune (woaah that sounds dirty) he saw how close they were in Shizune's memory and did that just to spite her "arrogance".

Ey LunaticCat.... Are any of the clubs where The Beatles played in the early 60's still alive over there? Is there any like memorial of them or some sort of showing that they had most of their greatest performances on stage in that city?
    Last edited by Kagemane_no_Jutsu; Thu, 05-27-2010 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemane_no_Jutsu View Post
    Ey LunaticCat.... Are any of the clubs where The Beatles played in the early 60's still alive over there? Is there any like memorial of them or some sort of showing that they had most of their greatest performances on stage in that city?
    i'm not so sure about the first thing - the legendary StarClub does no longer exist - but i dont think thats the only club they used to play in.

but there is a memorial. its called "Beatles-Platz" (Beatles-Sqaure) near Reeperbahn. its not so cool how it should be, but its a nice gesture, i think.

I do believe that may be the absolute most badass I've ever seen naruto look. I loved the new coat/eyes/scroll thing ever since I saw it in the opening and it looked good here in its first offical appearance. I think this looks like a whole new naruto far more then it did when kakashi first said it, though naruto being naruto I'm sure he'll manage to disappoint me (though in the toad training, it looks like he probably managed to improve his taijutsu a fair bit in addition to everything else, which should help.) Its pretty rare that I'm actually excited and looking forward to the next episode, but I am here.

I never thought I'd be able to say this... but thank you to Naruto for rescuing me from the crap that is the current Bleach.

Anyone have a time machine? I want to see next week's ep...
    That Shinra Tensei is one sick move.
    I can only hope Naruto will annihalate those Pain clones as if they were nothing.* They deserve to be utterly humiliated. I want to see Pain's real body.

*Sorry for making a DBZ reference, but I'm talking about SSj2 Gohan vs Cell jr. type of pwning.. that would be the best way to show the sweetness that is full Sennin-mode.

The pissed off frogs were really sweet

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Pain flying as strange. Whatever happened to his cooldown? Self-propulsion was unlimited?

Anyway, as soon as he floated up in the air, you saw Almighty Nuke coming. I mean, it's all that guy can do, aside from an Almighty Black Hole (NOT the smartest move).

I agree with the comment about Shizune/Tsunade. Since they've discovered Naruto's location they had no reason to continue fighting, as evident with the retreat. It sucks that Tsunade probably won't ever realise she was the cause of her death, and merely think she died in the blast.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Pain flying as strange. Whatever happened to his cooldown? Self-propulsion was unlimited?
    Maybe it's not related to his push/pull powers.

Maybe it's just like the water walking but he's so fine tuned with his chakra control he can use it on the air.

I liked when Naruto appeared they used Jiraiya's music.

assertnfailure (7:40:03 PM): dude....your posts are a bunch of nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    Maybe it's not related to his push/pull powers.

Maybe it's just like the water walking but he's so fine tuned with his chakra control he can use it on the air.
    I think it's probably the same move but at a different level. Pushing/pulling probably requires a huge burst of energy, but just levitating isn't that bad. Imagine benching something you can only do 3 reps of then switching to the bar.

Jounin
    I like when Pain asked if the chakara in their feet was to counter his jutsu, and then said that it was useless when faced by overwhelming power. It kind of felt like he was all like "Oh let me see if you can still stand firm after this one. ^^

The greatest village got decimated in a matter of seconds. I wonder how this will shift the power balance. Will some other big village invade now? Now would be the chance. How strong can they be after this? Even some of the smaller great villages could make their move now.

That would depend solely on how many Konoha ninjas survived the explosion and remained in any condition to fight soon. But it's naturally true the country's general power level will be deemed lower by others as soon as they hear of this. Yet not all of them would be willing to amass their forces and march out knowing there's an unpredictable entity out there that could decimate even Konoha - and they could be the next victim for all they know. Also the fact Konoha still sports a bijuu hasn't changed. That alone would probably keep any smaller enemies away.