Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 162

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    The missile puppet Pain might have lost or got misaligned too many of the control rods to "live" anymore. The zombies might have some sort of a structural interegrity threshold in any case, forcing Nagato to reboot them when they absorb too much damage. If that's the case, it would explain why Jiraiya's victims seemed to die initially only to backstab him later.

The one swallowed by the frog might have been transferred beyond Nagato's control and he lost interest in it for the time being, rendering it dead. Later the corpse's rods were removed so there was no way for Pain to control it any longer.

Konohamaru's victim probably slept inside the wall until Pain reestablished the control - just before the summoning.

Well, that would be one theory.
    That makes sense, yeah.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Damn that was sick! Pain just dozed all of Konoha in one jutsu lol! Poor ol' Tsunade couldn't do dick! So much for Danzo's plan of waiting till the battle dies down to take control of Konoha... He can have fun being Hokage of that crater.

Well on a positive note, Naruto is back and he is bad! He's gonna show Pain who really wears the Shinobi-pants!

Quote Originally Posted by ASSpirine View Post
    There are no Bijuu's left except the Kyuubi in Naruto. So that's out of the question.
    And those who also had a jinchuuriki were easily captured by the other akatsuki members, so I dont think they would have posed a possible threat to Pain.
    I was trying to respond to the comment of why the akatsuki even needed the tailed beasts in the first place if Pain could just do it on his own. If they weren't captured before, it would be a lot harder to wipe out villages using his methods. People would also be a lot more likely to oppose Akatsuki if they have a tailed beast.

As far as the bodies...I always thought that Pain ressurected the dead bodies and then controlled them through the rods, so they're not just puppet corpses.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam98034 View Post
    As far as the bodies...I always thought that Pain ressurected the dead bodies and then controlled them through the rods, so they're not just puppet corpses.
    Yes, they are good old zombies. I don't think anybody considered them pure puppets.

Since Konohamaru has more wits than Naruto, it's reasonable to assume he took the perv teacher and they escaped together while zombie Pain was still busy unknotting his guts.
    I'm sorry, but I would like an example of even one single instance ANYWHERE that Konohamaru is even remotely smarter than Naruto. They have literally never once shown him doing something that wasn't stupid, or some stupid thing Naruto taught him.

I realize he's the 3rd's Grandson, and that means he should probably be awesome, but they have yet to show any evidence of that.

I simply don't think it's possible to be stupider than Naruto and not have the form of a rubber boot, so logically Konohamaru needs to be less stupid.

Although there still exist the possibility he's exactly equally stupid. At least he's stupid enough to look up to Naruto. However, you should remember he was actually pondering whether he should risk ruining everything by going back to help the perv teacher or not. That alone reveals he possesses higher mental faculties than Naruto, who is incapable of imagining the consequences of future actions.

The next episode: Natuto! being a pain in the ass.

I hope he'll go rampage on Pain

Although there still exist the possibility he's exactly equally stupid.
    That's the hypothesis I'm currently operating under.

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    I can understand people forgetting what a Rasengan is capable of so here`s a quick reminder.

So is basically an electric saw, yeah, i doubt Pain can survive that.
    Maybe if Naruto had actually mastered the Rasengan this would be an issue. I think they claimed he mastered it, but if he did, why can't his Rasengan eat completely through someone's body, like Jiraiya's ate through the tree trunk when he was teaching Naruto?

The only way he can cause that much devastation is with a Rasen-shuriken, which can be heard from a long distance and will probably kill him if he uses it again.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

why can't his Rasengan eat completely through someone's body, like Jiraiya's ate through the tree trunk when he was teaching Naruto?
    because this show is meant for 8 year olds

Jounin
    As people has said before me, in shonen flesh is the strongest substance. When Metal, wood and stone break flesh will still hold. <_<

I was trying to respond to the comment of why the akatsuki even needed the tailed beasts in the first place if Pain could just do it on his own. If they weren't captured before, it would be a lot harder to wipe out villages using his methods. People would also be a lot more likely to oppose Akatsuki if they have a tailed beast.
    Might be true and the fact that the jutsu used upon Konoha to create Craterha shortens his lifespan. And it ought to be by atleast a couple of years since his "gf" (lol) got so angry when he was going to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by isso View Post
    Might be true and the fact that the jutsu used upon Konoha to create Craterha shortens his lifespan. And it ought to be by atleast a couple of years since his "gf" (lol) got so angry when he was going to use it!
    Craterha, ha! Anyone else got any zingers? I think Naruto is going to feel horrible when he sees the village. It will leave quite a pit in his stomache. I can see it causing quite a bit of depression. He is going through a valley right now in his life.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Craterha, ha! Anyone else got any zingers? I think Naruto is going to feel horrible when he sees the village. It will leave quite a pit in his stomache. I can see it causing quite a bit of depression. He is going through a valley right now in his life.
    Depression? Nah, it'll be rage if anything.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I was going for a zinger, there. Depression as in sad...but also as in a larg hole or crater in the ground....zing!

I was going for a zinger, there. Depression as in sad...but also as in a larg hole or crater in the ground....zing!
    Somehow it doesn't have the same effect when you have to explain it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JlZnpAUj9M

Found a nice piano version of Pain's theme.
    Hakke Rokujūyon Shō!

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    because this show is meant for 8 year olds
    Ahh....I guess thats why they dismembered and decapitated Hidan.

I doubt Konohamaru has mastered the rasengan yet, the impact was way to weak

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Ahh....I guess thats why they dismembered and decapitated Hidan.

I doubt Konohamaru has mastered the rasengan yet, the impact was way to weak
    He hasn't, if you look at the manga he needed 2 clones to control the attack and his rasengan was tiny compared to naruto's

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Ahh....I guess thats why they implied a dismembered and decapitated Hidan in the anime.
    Fixed, you`re welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    He hasn't, if you look at the manga he needed 2 clones to control the attack and his rasengan was tiny compared to naruto's
    Now that is something i didn`t took into account *bow*
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    for a second i read "impaled"

but nope, they showed the beheaded corpse lying on the ground while kakuzu is carrying hidans head etc

and when he was caught in shikamarus trap, his head was lying between one of his arms and one of his legs.

just because they didn't show fountains of blood, bones, loose flesh and part of his spine showing out doesn't mean they just "indicated" it.

they indicated the *process* but not the result.

there is no reason not to do the same thing with a crucial rasengan hit.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Mon, 05-31-2010 at 01:35 PM.