Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuck crunchyroll

Fuck crunchyroll

damnit it all...

What do all men with power want? More power.
    Last edited by Cal_kashi; Tue, 05-25-2010 at 03:53 PM.
    When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man. And (unlike subsequent inventions for man's convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became. Here, for once, was a product of man's brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others. Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle. ~Elizabeth West, Hovel in theHills

I don't even know why Crunchyroll would want a show like this...

whatever. someone else will pick it up like what happened with naruto

Jounin
    I like DB's fansubbing but I'll watch whichever group takes over. Petitions arent my thing and I never saw a point to them, since 90 % of the time they fail.

Whoever takes over, I hope they go back to leaving Japanese names of attacks and characters untranslated. DB translating attack names kind of made the subs for that part boring.

I always get a twisted glee when I see groups like HorribleSubs. I anticipate something like HorribleSubs/CrunchySubs happening for Bleach.

But you have to hand it to CR for adapting and crushing everyone in their way. Legal venues have really (finally) found a way to compete with fansubbing. The only problem is the official translations suck and are fugly. If only speedy/shitty didn't win over quality/enjoyability!

I still think fansubbers could find a way to fight back though, innovate somehow competition wise the way the legal market is doing, if half of them didn't think that it was dying.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

i don't like this business of Db dropping bleach. They provide me with quality subs, speedy releases, great karaoke, and accurate translations. They're a good group except when they drop shows and leave people hanging. Weather the law is forcing them shouldn't matter considering fansubbing is technically illegal anyways.They should just continue. I will end up watching whoever picks it up however i doubt i will watch anything that DB puts out in the future because they just end up lettting me down by dropping the shows that I love.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrac View Post
    i don't like this business of Db dropping bleach. They provide me with quality subs, speedy releases, great karaoke, and accurate translations. They're a good group except when they drop shows and leave people hanging. Weather the law is forcing them shouldn't matter considering fansubbing is technically illegal anyways.They should just continue. I will end up watching whoever picks it up however i doubt i will watch anything that DB puts out in the future because they just end up lettting me down by dropping the shows that I love.
    They don't drop it because it is now "more illegal" they drop a show because there is a legal alternative. They are not out to be the pirates on the interseas. Instead, they are just giving people access to shows that they would have no other real way to get with reasonable quality.

There should be some level of respect for them in that they are not thieves, surely that is still amiable this day in age?

Regardless of what happens, there will be alternatives, I wouldn't worry too much.

They provided you with "quality subs, speedy releases, great karaoke, and accurate translations" for many years completely for free, yet now they had the audacity to drop the show and even outrageously provided you with a reason that's insolently consistent with their earlier actions with Naruto. Truly a despicable provider of free service. I'm sure they are just too stupid to realise they are obliged to keep laboring for free as long as the leechers deign to get their releases.

Give them a little break, man. Whether they decide to drop a show or not is 100% their business. That shouldn't affect at all how much your enjoyed their releases as long as they lasted (which was pretty long indeed).

Robin hood, except I dont particularly like Russell Crowl.

You shouldn't be watching DB release anyways. The fansub community argument for years has been the need to get their anime in a timely manner. Studios are actually trying to do this and provide foreign fans with subbed anime FOR FREE. This is not the kind of service that many industry are willing to provide FOR FREE, especially for fans that doesn't directly purchase their products. Now how about anime fans show some actual backbones and support the people that makes the products they enjoy.

I see popular mainstream anime getting pre-subbed as a good thing. This free up these fansub groups to maybe pick up other more obscure series that might never get an English translation otherwise.

Blog Entries
    Awww, does that mean no more shitty 170M encodes?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Awww, does that mean no more shitty 170M encodes?
    Nah, it means more.

DB had to actually sub it.

Now everybody can come up with their own CrunchyRip.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Nah, it means more.

DB had to actually sub it.

Now everybody can come up with their own CrunchyRip.
    I'd wager that even crunchy rips would look better than the shit DB puts out every week

My fear is that, eventually, the prevalence of streaming will make archival difficult, especially for the more popular shows. Freeing up fansubbers for obscurer anime is great but I would choose it to not be at the expense of shows I'm more likely to watch, and watch more times. Originally I was concerned this could happen to Bleach, and then I watched 272 and don't care anymore, but those are gripes for a different thread. At the very lease I'm glad I got us talking about the dynamics of fan-subbing. Dark Dragon brings up a good point that these companies ever offering anything is pretty cool of them, though I disagree that foreign viewers give them nothing in return. We help spread the word, we get others excited. I doubt Naruto would have been as well received in the US had internet anime nerds like us not already absolutely fallen in love with it. In exchange for our beloved anime, we serve both as a barometer for what has potential to do well in foreign markets (or more importantly what will certainly suck), and we provide the mythical word of mouth advertising that these companies would kill for.
    Are we spoiled? In as much as technology has made acquiring and viewing anime easier, absolutely we are. However, I think if the day comes that only only streaming is available, I think the net impact for the anime producers will be negative.

I'd wager that even crunchy rips would look better than the shit DB puts out every week
    Don't hold back Archangel, tell us what you really think. ^_^
    Last edited by Cal_kashi; Wed, 05-26-2010 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Now with 110% more snark, less filling and max fun
    When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man. And (unlike subsequent inventions for man's convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became. Here, for once, was a product of man's brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others. Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle. ~Elizabeth West, Hovel in theHills

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal_kashi View Post
    Don't hold back Archangel, tell us what you really think. ^_^
    I hate both bleach and DB so this thread is like a 2 for 1

Why angel? why

I hate both bleach and DB so this thread is like a 2 for 1
    If you hate it, why hang around? Generally when I avoid subjects that anger me and move on to things that give me happies. I'm sure you've your reasons, and I'll bet they're along the lines of keeping yourself informed and involved in our spectacular community (Seriously, I love you guys and have enjoyed all my years here). So i'm snarkily curious why drop into bleach?

\Alternative reasons, I suspect you may be a masochist.

Blog Entries
    If you hate it, why hang around? Generally when I avoid subjects that anger me and move on to things that give me happies. I'm sure you've your reasons, and I'll bet they're along the lines of keeping yourself informed and involved in our spectacular community (Seriously, I love you guys and have enjoyed all my years here). So i'm snarkily curious why drop into bleach?

\Alternative reasons, I suspect you may be a masochist.
    Nothing as complicated as that, i rarely watch the anime anymore and read the manga so i can have a jolly good time ranting on how worse it gets each chapter

You should read the bleach manga section for some good laughs, there hasn't been a single positive thing said about a chapter in years

Nothing positive eh? That's not true. We were all happy with Gin for that one chapter, until he sucked the next one. And we ARE all hoping Aizen kills everyone... But yeah, it's been downhill since the chapter 271 was based on. blegh. And great response, you';re doing it for the lollz

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    I don't even know why Crunchyroll would want a show like this...
    Yeah, cause Bleach is such a different show than Naruto...

My fear is that, eventually, the prevalence of streaming will make archival difficult, especially for the more popular shows.
    Buy DVDs.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post

Buy DVDs.
    ahhh haha ha ha, no.