Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 160

Naruto Shippuuden Episode 160

[CrunchySubs] Naruto Shippuuden - 160 - 720p | 480p

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Ibuki's summons were pretty cool. His torturing technique was pretty awesome too, and it didn't feel particularly cheap since he has to endure the pain as well to get the information.

Summoning through someone's gut.. now you don't see that every day.

Biscuit-firing's a funny name.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Indeed. That scene made me chuckle, because it looked like they were cooking that dog inside of a giant oven.

At the very end, after the preview for the next episode, who is the last guy with paint on his face? It looks kind of like Obito, but it could be Konohamaru.

it's konohamaru.

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    Seeing ANBU in action is a rare treat in itself but teaming with Ibiki? Amazing. I've always been a big fan of Konoha's Jack Bauer. Before his torture jutsu I was just thinking how funny it would be if he waterboarded Pain. The animation was great too.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

I wonder how long it's going to take before they stop underestimating Pains. I guess having been a torturer for so long Ibuki couldn't help but try to get information out of Pain, but if he had just considered it for another moment, he would have realised such a luxury is unlikely.

Instead of playing around, they should fully concentrate on trying to deliver killing blows. With so much of the village and their own forces in ruins, they aren't really in any position to try to take prisoners.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    I wonder how long it's going to take before they stop underestimating Pains. I guess having been a torturer for so long Ibuki couldn't help but try to get information out of Pain, but if he had just considered it for another moment, he would have realised such a luxury is unlikely.

Instead of playing around, they should fully concentrate on trying to deliver killing blows. With so much of the village and their own forces in ruins, they aren't really in any position to try to take prisoners.
    To be fair, they still don't really know what the deal is with pain; especially seeing this chick using summons when they were told Jiraiya killed the summoning dude, understanding who / what Pain is might be the key to defeating him.

On a side note, I am fairly disappointed with how the last several eps have turned out. As some people have said before, the pacing just seems completely off and some scenes are awkward - like the frog being rejected by the Kyuubi, and then explaining it in the most lame way possible. Also, they have fucked up the order in which scenes happen. The fights that were so cool in the manga are just duds in the anime, even though I like the whole firing biscuit-thingy they did here. Actually, the OP is animated way better than the actual eps and contains cooler action, even if it's not literal translation from the manga.

Ibuki's summons were pretty cool. His torturing technique was pretty awesome too, and it didn't feel particularly cheap since he has to endure the pain as well to get the information.

Summoning through someone's gut.. now you don't see that every day.

i agree, that was the first time i've ever seen him do anything at all and his summoning was pretty cool.. kinda explains the scars all over his face too

It was also nice seeing those 3 anbu guys fight, I remember when the series just started anbu was supposed to be an elite squad but they started looking like a bunch of nobodies

.................................................. sig made by KitKat ..................................................

Glad to see Konoha is finally starting to realizesome of the things most of us had figured out over an arc ago.

It is nice that they're making Pain out to be such a real threat. Someone that has to be analyzed and such.

I'm actually kind of relieved that the frog sage couldn't merge with Naruto since I really didn't want all of Naruto's cool fight scene having a frog on his shoulder. Especially since we all know he's got a much better method of standing still and attacking at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Janusz View Post
    Actually, the OP is animated way better than the actual eps and contains cooler action, even if it's not literal translation from the manga.
    It's always like that. I guess they figures its worth spending more money on something they are going to show 20+ than on something they are only going to show once.

kinda funny the better parts of this ep were filler. they did a good job tying it in tho, you cant even tell unless you read the manga.

ibikis summons, the 2nd attempt to kill the dog thing with the biscuit-firing, and the summoning inside ibiki were all filler.

only problem i had with any of that was ibiki didn't take anywhere near the damage you would expect someone to take if they had a giant bird summoned inside them. he wasn't even unconscious.

in yet another chapter, the Hokage was just siting around. But still much better then the Hokage wannabe. He was standing around and asking his team to sit.

Quote Originally Posted by depthcharge View Post
    in yet another chapter, the Hokage was just siting around. But still much better then the Hokage wannabe. He was standing around and asking his team to sit.
    Concentrating on saving other fighters might be a very wise decision. Doing otherwise would indicate she thinks she's stronger than multiple other ninja, which, honestly, is probably not true. She's not like the Third. I doubt she really has awesome battle skills aside from the super punch. And that single skill might be completely useless against the Pain zombies.

Choaza flattened the Pain that absorbs all attack.
    She could have done the same. But she choose to use her chakra in a way to save a bunch of useless fodder. Rather then focus it on the kick ass fighters.

I guess I am still bitter that the so called healing/chakra transfer didnt get to Kakashi in time. IF she had provided Kakashi with all the chakra he needed. Kakashi would have pwned the Pains with his mangakyo and then some.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by depthcharge View Post
    Choaza flattened the Pain that absorbs all attack.
    She could have done the same. But she choose to use her chakra in a way to save a bunch of useless fodder. Rather then focus it on the kick ass fighters.

I guess I am still bitter that the so called healing/chakra transfer didnt get to Kakashi in time. IF she had provided Kakashi with all the chakra he needed. Kakashi would have pwned the Pains with his mangakyo and then some.
    Choaza flattened the Pain that was a puppet.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I really enjoyed Summoning-Pain's seiyuu. Even if she didn't speak that much.

It's dangerous to go alone. Take Nep.

Yeah, girl pain is a cutey.

Choaza flattened the Pain that was a puppet.
    Yep, missile puppet Pain is the only one defeated so far.

Ever since Pain was introduced in the manga I've considered him, and all his alter bodies, to be my favorite character in Naruto. Episodes like this are pure win for me. Female Pain is awesome. And they also choose a good voice, too bad she didn't use it too much.

Blog Entries
    So Pain has both male and female bodies eh? That brings up some interesting... possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    So Pain has both male and female bodies eh? That brings up some interesting... possibilities.
    It's nothing that hasn't existed since the very first episode with shadow clones and transformation jutsus.