Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 159

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Kakashi's max Raikiri capacity per day was like 4 or something.

He missed Pain twice while using the clone.
    Was, as in 3+ years ago

Since then he got the MS, electric bunshins and a kickass electric dog

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Was, as in 3+ years ago

Since then he got the MS, electric bunshins and a kickass electric dog
    Techniques can be learned. Chakra capacity.... can't.

If it has grown substantially, they never mentioned it.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Blog Entries

If it has grown substantially, they never mentioned it.
    Really? So you're saying that sasuke has the exact same amount of chakra than he did in part 1?

Really? So you're saying that sasuke has the exact same amount of chakra than he did in part 1?
    For a ninja who was still physically developing, I can't say for sure.

The Third was getting old, and commented that his capacity isn't what it used to be. Kakashi certainly isn't getting any younger.

Kakashi is like 29 max.

Blog Entries
    For a ninja who was still physically developing, I can't say for sure.

The Third was getting old, and commented that his capacity isn't what it used to be. Kakashi certainly isn't getting any younger.
    The hokage was 70, Kakashi is 30...

What exactly would be the point of learning new more powerful jutsus if he wasn't able to use them?

The hokage was 70, Kakashi is 30...

What exactly would be the point of learning new more powerful jutsus if he wasn't able to use them?
    Exactly, and Sasuke's.... in his teens? I wouldn't think Kakashi'd be going downhill just yet, but I wouldn't think his capacity would be growing substantially neither.

During one of the first episodes of Naruto, Kakashi explained to them about using techniques for best effect or some shit because people have limited chakra.

Keeping a large repertoire of techniques is important so you can use the most suitable one when the time arises. As for the point of learning "more powerful jutsus if he wasn't able to use them", I don't believe we've encountered a technique yet that someone has been unable to use because it uses too much chakra, only unfavourable because they'd get wasted.

In fact, wasn't that one of the reasons for developing the Forbidden Jutsu catalogue? Shadow Clones were banned from general use because it split the user's chakra in half or more, and misuse could easily get them killed.

Other ones we've encountered were sealed because they were "unethical", but there's no reason why other jutsus weren't sealed for the same reason as the Shadow Clone Replication jutsu.

If this last episode depicted things accurately, depleting one's chakra is fatal.

Blog Entries
    Look, feel free to think what you will but i for one find it hard to believe that a kage level ninja went 3 years of training without improving himself in the aspect he was lacking the most

Look, feel free to think what you will but i for one find it hard to believe that a kage level ninja went 3 years of training without improving himself in the aspect he was lacking the most
    If he COULD I'm sure he would.

That's not true at all. They specifically said in like the first 3 episodes that chakra is a mixture of the physical energy in your cells with the spiritual energy from exercise and experience.

Which means every ninjas chakra capacity will increase just from being a ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    That's not true at all. They specifically said in like the first 3 episodes that one of the things that is used to create chakra is experience.
    I'd be great if you could show me a manga panel, or if not then elaborate on it a bit more so I have a chance of finding it myself.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto Wiki
    īChakra is the resulting form of energy when two other forms of energy are mixed together. The two energies are referred to as "physical energy" and "spiritual energy."

Physical energy is collected from the body's cells and can be increased through training, stimulants, and exercise.

Spiritual energy is derived from the mind's consciousness (i.e. the soul) and can be increased through studying, meditation, and experience. Having these two energies become more powerful will in-turn make the created chakra more powerful. Therefore, practicing a jutsu repeatedly will build-up experience, building up one's spiritual energy, and thus allowing more chakra to be created. As a result, the ninja is able to do that same jutsu with more power.

This same cycle applies for physical energy, except this time, instead of doing things like meditation, the ninja could, say, do push-ups.
    Suck it~

īChakra is the resulting form of energy when two other forms of energy are mixed together. The two energies are referred to as "physical energy" and "spiritual energy."
    That's fair enough.
    Physical energy is collected from the body's cells and can be increased through training, stimulants, and exercise.

Spiritual energy is derived from the mind's consciousness (i.e. the soul) and can be increased through studying, meditation, and experience.
    This section mentions how chakra is created, and that by increasing your ability in producing physical energy and spiritual energy, your chakra output can be increased.

But as we all know, everybody has a limit. Where and when this limit is reached, we aren't told.

Kakashi's a prodigy who was an ANBU when he was... 6? For convenience's sake, I'll use that as a starting point for his shinobi career. If he's 30 now, that means he's been in service for 24 years.

3 years ago, he was active for 21 years, and could perform 4(?) Raikiris. If one was to assume experience is gathered at a constant rate, then he'd have increased his spiritual energy by 3/21=14%

4 Raikiris x 1.14 = 4.56 Raikiris. Let's say Kakashi didn't fully drain himself after 4 moves back then. Even in that case, he'd only increase it to 5.

That is assumes that physical capacity was also increased at the same rate. I doubt that Kakashi could develop himself any more physically, so the above calculated effect is likely to be less.

We also assumed that spiritual capacity was increased at a constant rate. How much " studying, meditation, and experience" in these last 3 years compared to his experience and study during the previous 21 years (and he fought in a war no less), is left uncertain.

Having these two energies become more powerful will in-turn make the created chakra more powerful. Therefore, practicing a jutsu repeatedly will build-up experience, building up one's spiritual energy, and thus allowing more chakra to be created. As a result, the ninja is able to do that same jutsu with more power.

This same cycle applies for physical energy, except this time, instead of doing things like meditation, the ninja could, say, do push-ups.
    This part is a bit weird since it mentions chakra becoming more "powerful", suddenly dealing with the quality of chakra now, as well as quantity.

It states that increasing the quality of the chakra will make your move more powerful, but it doesn't hint that you can use the same move at the previous power level with less chakra.

It doesn't really relate to our current debate.

(where did wiki get this from anyway..)

I'm trying to find the manga chapter now, I remember it was in the very first time someone explained to Naruto how chakra worked.

Blog Entries
    Just... what? Wtf are you... he was on anbu when he was 6? what the...?

Look:
    - me right you wrong,
    - me smart you dumb,
    - me annoyed you persistent

Stop trying to come up with possible yet extremely unlikely scenarios to support a strange theory that only you seem to support that chakra supply is decided on birth. What are you, a chakra communist?

Just... what? Wtf are you... he was on anbu when he was 6? what the...?
    My mistake. He was a Chuunin when he was 6.

Stop trying to come up with possible yet extremely unlikely scenarios to support a strange theory that only you seem to support that chakra supply is decided on birth. What are you, a chakra communist?
    Look:
    -you acknowledged it's possible
    -your remark of "extremely unlikely" is unfounded.
    -ideas are only strange because you are unfamiliar with it.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Thu, 05-20-2010 at 05:50 AM.

Blog Entries
    Maybe Kakashi now has small white wings that expand every time he takes off his mask and lets the rest of the world bask in his sexyness

Maybe Kakashi now has small white wings that expand every time he takes off his mask and lets the rest of the world bask in his sexyness
    *looks at Archangel's sig* *looks up at posts*

You know you are fighting online, my friend?

By the by, I believe there was a fight after the time skip where we saw Kakashi use 6 chidori's, indicating some increase in capacity though I don't recall that 100% for certain. That being said, we don't really know how much of his capacity the other techniques use - for all we know the whole lightning dog might use half ot it all by itself or some such. Which makes debating capacity based purely on chidoris/day rather pointless.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Azonalanthious View Post
    *looks at Archangel's sig* *looks up at posts*

You know you are fighting online, my friend?

By the by, I believe there was a fight after the time skip where we saw Kakashi use 6 chidori's, indicating some increase in capacity though I don't recall that 100% for certain. That being said, we don't really know how much of his capacity the other techniques use - for all we know the whole lightning dog might use half ot it all by itself or some such. Which makes debating capacity based purely on chidoris/day rather pointless.
    Nah, I'd never fight with Bill <3

We're simply having a heated discussion on matters that don't matter at all

Here's probably the best explanation of chakra capactiy: It's just like physical strength. You can get stronger and more athletic through training, but some people are just 6'10" with a big build and some people are 5'2" with a skinny build. Each can become stronger through training, but the 5'2" guy will probably be weaker than the 6'10" guy even if the 6'10" guy doesn't work out at all. Look at Kakashi vs. Naruto. There's probably no freaking way Naruto had more Chakra capacity by physical training or mental training (ahahahah, Naruto mental training) than Kakashi when he was so young. Don't even mention the shadow clone thing because Naruto can only use that BECAUSE he has so much chakra! Kakashi may be the best pound for pound fighter when it comes to chakra capacity, but Naruto is a heavyweight, so Kakashi has no chance.