Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 157

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    While in theory having clones do the distraction work should work, in reality Naruto doesn't have enough control over them to make them anything more than 1-hit sandbags. So far Naruto has only been able to distract his opponents with clones for long enough to prepare a rasengan.
    Is that really a limitation on Naruto's control? Or is it purely a limitation of the technique? I haven't seen anyone else use Shadow Clones that could take a hit. The clones themselves seem to have all the control that Naruto himself does.

The problem is that Naruto isn't fast or skilled enough to dodge an attack. So neither are his clones. And while he himself just shrugs off little hits because of his stamina and regeneration, the clones can't.

If Naruto was more skilled at dodging, his clones could live a lot longer.

On another subject, do you guys think Orochimaru was a Snake Sage?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    On another subject, do you guys think Orochimaru was a Snake Sage?
    It's highly doubtful. I think the frog has a special connection with nature or something. It would mean that Oro and maybe Tsunade would also have a "Sage Mode." But remember that taking in Nature energy turns you into a frog, so maybe the frog sages were originally people who first found out about nature chakra while meditating? I also think it would make a great debate, though. Oro is dead, so the Snake Sage theory is probably not falsifiable, which would make a great argument because no one can prove you wrong.
    Last edited by Sam98034; Thu, 04-29-2010 at 02:56 PM.

Oro had some snake characteristics from the get-go. Thus, it's doubly hard to judge whether he had acquired a sage power level as no outward changes as such would have necessarily been evident. He did have some awesome powers otherwise, though, so it's not impossible for sure.

Also, acquiring a sage mode could have somewhat different requirements and techniques with different summon contract beasts. Jiraiya and Naruto's frog compatriots are rather relaxed and peaceful folks whereas Oro's snakes were wicked and voracious. Acquiring a sage mode through them could require a different approach from silent meditation and harmony.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    From what we've seen, the frog sage mode requires gathering of natural energy before a fight. We've never seen anybody do that before.

@Darth: Yeah, I'll buy that "his clones are shit because he is shit". Guess there's nothing he can do about that then, unless he learns how to dodge (unlikely).

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Hey guys, I'm starting to pick up the subtle hints in your responses that reveal spoilers. Can't you just make a discussion about the episode in the manga/spoiler section?

The problem is: how exactly do you respond when someone is making "predictions" you know are going to be covered in the Manga. It might be a good idea to disagree with whatever the prediction is so it doesn't really ruin it for everyone.

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Is that really a limitation on Naruto's control? Or is it purely a limitation of the technique? I haven't seen anyone else use Shadow Clones that could take a hit. The clones themselves seem to have all the control that Naruto himself does.
    The Third Hokage's Shadow clones took hits while his clones were sealing the First and Second's souls.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/123/07/
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

I just assumed Naruto turns into a frog because he's signed the frog contract. And anyone else that practices Sage Jutsu would become whatever animal it is they summon. Because that contract is like their "connection to nature".

Quote Originally Posted by poopdeville View Post
    The Third Hokage's Shadow clones took hits while his clones were sealing the First and Second's souls.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/123/07/
    Are you sure the clones are being hit there and not just the real 3rd?

Quote Originally Posted by lilphatboi88 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm starting to pick up the subtle hints in your responses that reveal spoilers. Can't you just make a discussion about the episode in the manga/spoiler section?
    Then I wouldn't be able to have this discussion....

Are you sure the clones are being hit there and not just the real 3rd?
    The manga for that section isn't exactly easy to follow. I remember when they animated it that the clones took hits. Might be worth looking up, that had to be what, around episode 50 or something?

Around 70 I think - I'm certain the Naruto vs Neji fight starts in 60.