Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 175

Naruto Shippuuden Episode 175

[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden - 175 - 720p | 480p

---

Here's another version of the ED Single. This one contains files from both discs. The music from the CD, the PV and CMs from the DVD, and all of the scans.

NARUTO Shippuuden ED14 & Mahou Tsukai no Yoru ED Single - Utakata Hanabi & Hoshi ga Matataku Konna Yoru ni [supercell] (V0 mp3, Scans, mkv)

[Nipponsei] NARUTO Shippuuden ED14 Single - Utakata Hanabi [supercell].zip
    Last edited by Marik; Thu, 08-26-2010 at 08:14 PM.

Liked this episode quite a lot. Finally the 4th's wish came true.
    I'm quite curious about the next episode too.. anyone know if that is filler or cannon?

Quote Originally Posted by Harima Kenji View Post
    anyone know if that is filler or cannon?
    It's an Iruka filler arc.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    This would have been a pretty grand finishing episode. I'm dreading, as well as looking forward to the actual ending after this, since it'd suck if it never equalled this, but would be even more awesome if it surpassed it.

I'm doubtful about Konan's ability to take over the Village of Rain, but knowing how stories go, it'd be highly unlikely that she fails and retreats to Konoha or something. Perhaps the village really regards her as much as they do Pain-sama.

Danzo can't be pleased Naruto one-upped him instead. Well at least Tsunade's got the people's support now, since she's got Naruto's support (or is it the other way around ? )

Iruka flashback filler... way to ruin the momentum. (I'll wait and see, but I doubt it'll be able to carry this on and make it one super-long, climatic flashback.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Marik View Post
    It's an Iruka filler arc.
    DAMN IT!!!

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    So, can anyone confirm for me? i just need to clarify something, you guys liked this "plot twist"?
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Great episode. Especially 2/3 in where they relived Naruto's finest moments but with random villagers commentary. I liked how they were changing their minds throughout the series and then at the end praising him. Very cool.

assertnfailure (7:40:03 PM): dude....your posts are a bunch of nonsense

Yeah, I'm generally not any fan of flashback but they worked here, mixed in with those villagers' comments. All in all a jolly good episode and succesfully created the kind of atmosphere it was aiming at. An arc filled with that much pain needed an ending like this.

I liked Pain's change of heart because in reality it was no change but a reversal back to what he really had wanted to believe in all the time. Based on the flashback he was far from any villain by his basic nature, so in a sense he was looking forward to going back, given a chance.

I wonder if they'll allow Naruto to skip the next chuunin exam based on his performance here, har har.

Blog Entries
    Weird, i expected people to be a tad more enraged after the dragon balls no jutsu

Enraged after half of them were resurrected? It wouldn't be Konoha if they were. Shattered houses mean little if dads, moms, husbands, wives, siblings, friends, and children are suddenly saved against all odds. It's a ninja village so destroyed property is given. Even lost lives are to be expected but like Pain said, nothing will make that easier. So, I don't really think in that situation the people present in the episode would be enraged. Somewhere else there were probably loners who didn't even have anybody to lose and who thus would cry after their annihilated possessions.

I think he was expecting anime only viewers to be enraged by it, not the people in the show.

Blog Entries
    ... Kraco, what are you on and can i have some?

I didn't even understand your post at first, i had to read Marik's to get how far off you were.

I'll put a vote in for "mass resurrection is stupid" or hell, any sort of bring back to life deal is stupid. Making death pointless is really annoying.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessper View Post
    I'll put a vote in for "mass resurrection is stupid" or hell, any sort of bring back to life deal is stupid. Making death pointless is really annoying.
    This arc was more about Jiraiya's students going head to head more so than a political power shift, so I'm completely happy with the mass resurrection.

@Kraco: lol

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Man, what a great episode. It felt like the culmination of the entire series up to this point. Like Buff said, if the series had ended here I almost wouldn't complain.

I loved how in the flashbacks you can see the progression of the villagers opinion of him as they go from calling him "the fox kid" to "Naruto".

It's also nice to know the village was actually hearing about all the great things Naruto was doing. The series had been kind of making it seem like everything on the missions was secret. And nobody knew how awesome Naruto was.

Although, wtf with Sakura getting to hug Naruto while Hinata just watches. That's messed up. I didn't see Sakura getting almost killed to save him. She doesn't deserve hugs!

Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    So, can anyone confirm for me? i just need to clarify something, you guys liked this "plot twist"?
    I believe the emotional payoff for this episode more than makes up for the loss of narrative weight that came from Pain ressurecting everyone. If half the village was still dead, I doubt the mood in the village would have been positive enough for Naruto to be receiving the welcome he's getting now.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I'm doubtful about Konan's ability to take over the Village of Rain, but knowing how stories go, it'd be highly unlikely that she fails and retreats to Konoha or something. Perhaps the village really regards her as much as they do Pain-sama.
    The whole village thinks she's an angel. And if Pain was the Rain's leader, then she's the next in the chain of command anyway. Why would she even need to "take over". She's the rightful ruler.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    I believe the emotional payoff for this episode more than makes up for the loss of narrative weight that came from Pain ressurecting everyone. If half the village was still dead, I doubt the mood in the village would have been positive enough for Naruto to be receiving the welcome he's getting now.
    Meanwhile, the emotional build up to the last 20ish episodes goes to hell since everyone that we cared about and died were a-ok at the end thus rendenring their "deaths" completelly totally fucking pointless, this is exactly why i stopped watching dbz, and how exactly did he ressed Kakashi since he really didn`t killed him? why res what`s her name? she does nothing to the series besides cleaning tonton`s shit in Tsunade`s office, why should we feel releived when we found out Chouza was alive? why should we care about Hinata? it didn`t mattered at all at the end.

Although i must admit, the Konoha greeting Naruto scene was done far better than the manga.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

There's still the Lightning (that's the horrid-rapping Jinchuuriki right?) village subplot to finish up, Naruto still has to face off with Sasuke and use whatever power Itachi gave him, and Naruto is bound to remember the name Danzou sooner or later. I get the feeling Naruto is going to have all of the major ninja village's rulers following him before they get to the finals, and each arc will feature a different village's involvement. As long as they don't draw out the fillers again I won't go on a rampage.

Very touching ep.,
    I cried watching the dead rise.
    So glad that N won.
    When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man. And (unlike subsequent inventions for man's convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became. Here, for once, was a product of man's brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others. Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle. ~Elizabeth West, Hovel in theHills

Missing Nin
    UChessmaster that is not exactly the case here.

Kakashi's "death" allowed him to forgive his father and let him let go of one of the greatest pains in his past it allowed him to grow while resolving the plot point of his father.

Shizune didn't even really get much of a death scene they just ripped out her soul and moved on. Honestly nothing was lost or gained with her.

Hinata never died in the first place so she wasn't resurrected at all. I do think she deserved the hug more then Sakura but with her injuries and the fact that Naruto's interest lies in Sakura its pretty sensible that it wasn't her who embraced him.

So really what was lost here? A bunch of nameless villagers didn't end up dead and we got a epic battle that greatly improved Naruto and took care of Pain and Konan (plus the rain village for now). I really can't see what the true hatred for this plot twist is.

Jiraiya is still dead. Its pretty clear those injured were not magically healed in any way unless they were killed meaning Tsunade is still unaccounted for.

Overall I really liked this episode it felt like a proper conclusion to a epic arc. I'm a bit sad we are getting some filler now but hopefully its a quick bit before they get back on track and continue the story.

Yeah, i don`t think you got my point... at all.

Kakashi`s dad scene was nice and all, but at the end it needed no resolution, his tale was a tragic one, i would`ve rather they kept it that way, and that`s not even what i meant!, what i mean is that Pain didn`t really killed him, Kakashi died because he used MS twice when he was short on mana, Pain`s technique shouldn`t affect him.

As for Shizune, the fact that she had a quick dead was a good thing, i always perceived it as a way for Kishimoto to indirectly tell us "Yeah, that`s right, Pain is here and shit just got real, and none of your beloved secondary characters are safe", but no, he just had to come and res everyone.

As for Hinata, you misunderstood me again, let`s put it this way, If Hinata survives, she survives, if she instead died, she survives anyway, so why should we care about her well being if she`s going to survive no matter what!?

Maybe i`m wrong, but i was under the impression this arc was about the cruelty of war, and being a ninja is not all about bringing your butt body back, unicorns, rainbows, and unicorns that shit rainbows, is hard to be on the edge of the seat thinking everything is at stake when at the end, nothing is. It`s like watching a movie only to realize it was all a dream, bleh.

Now, let`s say 6 of the Konoha twelve are fighting some foreign ninjas, one of them uses a technique that will undoubtelly kill him in the end, another one gets a fatal wound in his chest/shoulder/whatever, both mortally wonded, yet both survive somehow, you`d be dissapointed yes?
    Last edited by UChessmaster; Thu, 08-26-2010 at 11:40 PM.