Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Movie 3 - Inheritors of the Will of Fire

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandadice View Post
    I actually though the idea of stealing bloodline techniques was cool. Because yeah, as Kakashi demonstrates, it's possible to steal them. so for someone to like hoard them, that'd be really sweet. surprised Orochimaru didn't try to do that with all the ones he had at his disposal. Well I dunno.. maybe he did try to extract Kimimarus (was that the bone guys name?) bloodline bone manipulation stuff.

and the fight between Naruto and Gaara made me want to go back and watch the Lee vs Gaara fight. And after watching that, I realized this show has really been going for a while. Like, those episodes i rewatched had all this cross-hatching for shading. You don't see that anymore.
    Well, really, Oro did try to collect bloodlines, he just came at it from the other direction, incorporating himself into the bloodline user with his resurection technique rather then incorporating the user into him. Overall, I didn't think the movie was too bad. I'm not a fan of the Chimera jutsu, but the fights were ok and it was fun seeing some Gaara action again.

Two things I gotta ask though:

1) Am I the only one who heard 'he can absorb charka/ninjutsu, so its hopeless' and immediately thought "Ok, so we send Guy and Lee to kick his !@#?" And based on what we saw, they would have beaten the snot out of him - nothing about him gave me the impression he could have matched Guy/Lee level taijutsu.

2) So Naruto breaks out the 'never, ever use this technique again because its to dangerous' technique and no one pays any attention to that fact what-so-ever? Don't get me wrong, I've no issues with him using it, but if everyone was that against it, you would think someone would have said something when he blows them off and blasts away anyhow.

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Azonalanthious View Post
    1) Am I the only one who heard 'he can absorb charka/ninjutsu, so its hopeless' and immediately thought "Ok, so we send Guy and Lee to kick his !@#?" And based on what we saw, they would have beaten the snot out of him - nothing about him gave me the impression he could have matched Guy/Lee level taijutsu.

Dude that was my first thought too. But right after he absorbs Naruto's rasengan Sakura tries to hit him or something and i can't remember exactly why, but her hit misses (maybe he was just too fast or something) and they're like "we can't use taijutsu either". But yeah, my first thought was definitely "absorbs chakra? so send Lee"

user posted image

Quote Originally Posted by Pandadice View Post
    Dude that was my first thought too. But right after he absorbs Naruto's rasengan Sakura tries to hit him or something and i can't remember exactly why, but her hit misses (maybe he was just too fast or something) and they're like "we can't use taijutsu either". But yeah, my first thought was definitely "absorbs chakra? so send Lee"
    One of the bloodline abilities he stole was a super-speed type thing, which he used to dodge. But Guy and Lee can do super speed even if Sakura can't.