Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hakuouki

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

It's strange how the miracle potion seems to work so perfectly for Chizuru yet all of Shinsengumi's seem to be failures. If we believe Sannan, Chizuru's old man was developing it further. If it was already perfect for Chizuru, what's there to develop? Or did Chizuru receive a dose of the original Western stock that her old man couldn't then manage to replicate?

In any case too bad for Sannan. But I suppose it was worth the risk, seeing how his days as a swordman were over and he couldn't cope with the fact. He chose his second somewhat poorly or cowardly, though, if he really expected somebody like Chizuru to kill him should anything go wrong...

Other than that, the new dude has quite a forked tongue.

Perhaps Chizuru's potion was too mild? Hard to say really, since if Sannan's comments are to be taken solely and that losing one's mind is the only side effect, then the muscular transformation in his hand was an intended effect, something that Chizuru doesn't have.

Then again, he didn't mention the white hair neither, and Toshi in the OP looks pretty well behaved.

The new guy pisses me off, but I'm almost equally annoyed at the Kondou for keeping him. That guy's been a pretty incompetent leader so far.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    i have a feeling Yukimura didn't become a monster because she's a woman (this whole show is pretty heavy on the theme of a single woman's worth amidst a band of incredibly powerful men). that or maybe (also) she was going to die as a child and it was given to her, and it has different effects on an adult.

but, man, why do they drink these blood red potions? has the blood red potion EVER done a good thing to anybody?

i like the new guy. he's nasty and creates some nice tension within the oftentimes yawn-inducing Headquarters talk-talk-talk. it makes for a much better watch than "i think i'll wash the vegetables, too"

Itou (the new guy) looks to be a bit of a flamer. he has this awfully feminine air to his speech (especially his "wa" following most of his sentences).

let's get some action back up in this bitch

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Quote Originally Posted by masamuneehs View Post
    but, man, why do they drink these blood red potions? has the blood red potion EVER done a good thing to anybody?
    Regain HPs

DB: Episode 6 / 7 / 8

--------------------------

I totally did not realise the entertainment lady was actually the Kunoichi serving the Princess. Her skintone always appeared dark to me since she always talked from the shadows, leading me to believe she was of similar appearance to the one her serves Princess Tomoyo from Tsubasa Chronicles.

The original story was that the Elixer was brought over from a foreign country, but now it seems more like they're reverse-engineering it or something.

Chizuru's gettup looked slutty at first (as expected from clothes coming from such a place), but that feeling slowly subsided. I think it was mainly due to her expression changing from an embarrased/insecure one to a more easy, happy one.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Mon, 05-31-2010 at 10:37 AM.

DB: Episode 10 & 11

----------------------------

I really can't discuss much about this series since it seems to flow with the history that I know nothing about. It's funny that the idea of Rasetsu being what we commonly know as Vampires only just hit me when they mentioned "vampiric urge" not too long ago.

I suppose the tradition Japanese setting along with "oni" puts it off until it smacks you in the face.