Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Giant Killing

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Which one was that? Tatsumi set quite a few traps here.
    The one against Hiraga, with Gino sending lots of passes that almost reach Tsubaki where Hiraga has to run a lot and get tired. The guy thought it was Gino who was in a bad day and with a bad mood to support the idea, when in fact he was toyed with, those passes being done on purpose.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

The way they speak dutch in this series is so funny. It reminds me of Samurai Champloo episode 6 or something. Dulfer's assistent is hard to understand though, sometimes I even doubt if it's dutch :P

Quote Originally Posted by Atheist View Post
    The way they speak dutch in this series is so funny. It reminds me of Samurai Champloo episode 6 or something. Dulfer's assistent is hard to understand though, sometimes I even doubt if it's dutch :P
    You can understand what they say and it's not that bad: be happy, they had to work hard to obtain that result.

Monsieur Blanc also has a strange french. Technically speaking, it's not faulty. However, the rythm, intonations, pauses and way of speaking are a bit off and give a strange feeling. But I like that they did it that well, even though their japanese audience probably doesn't care, or if they do, they can't really tell if it's good or not.
    His assistant is very difficult to understand too, in french. The female assistant is easier to understand, but does not speak that much. Somehow, they've gone as far as creating different levels, which is a sign of how dedicated they were.

Then there's the fansub that add another layer. You then have french/dutch, japanese subs and fansubs and they all say things differently.
    But as I said, I like it like it. It's part of the fun. If the language isn't butchered and subs are of an average level, it's more than enough.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Meh, I felt they could have finished the game in this episode. I like this seriesī more realistic approach, but in this game itīs a bit too realistic for my liking. You know, I prefer when there are clear traps with clear results. More obvious. Here, we get to see small influences here and there the more "traps" are revealed, but it doesnīt directly lead to a goal. Guess thatīs old-fashioned of me, but, yeah

Well, I hope next episode will conclude the game. Have Natsu score the 3-2 and allīs good. (or have him shoot the ball into the wrong goal for having an outrage )

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Meh, I felt they could have finished the game in this episode. I like this seriesī more realistic approach, but in this game itīs a bit too realistic for my liking.
    Haha, this match will get pretty close to 90 minutes if you take OP/EDs into account

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

HorribleSubs - Episode 25 SD|HD

---------------------

It felt like they left Natsu's development hanging. He overcame it, but it didn't feel like it had a "big" enough effect. Similarly Sera's role didn't have as big an impact from an emotional perspective than it should have (I'm sure score-wise, it impacted plenty). I suppose it was just the vagueness of it all.

Good game I guess.

Great conclusion. I didnt expect the focus on Sera, but heīs such a nice guy, Im happy for him :P And I really like the cheery, happy music of this series.
    I agree, Buffa, Natsuki was kinda left out. He should have scored the 2nd goal instead of Sugie.

Weīll get one more episode, eh?

HorribleSubs - Episode 26 SD | HD

-----------------------------------

Quite the easy-going conclusion. It doesn't make any sense to start anything new, and I'm quite happy they brought back some of the original English scenes from the first episode.

In retrospect, I can't say that this series quite reached my expectations (and I can't determine whether that's its fault or mine), but it was certainly something different.Tatsumi's giant killing just had us waiting a bit too long.

Feels like the cut leaves room for another season.

Other than that, I feel like they could have done something even better, but can't really start with something to explain.

It wasn't bad at all, I liked it eventhough the pace always seemed odd.

I agree with you.

I liked the show, but real highlights were missing/took too long to happen.

Speaking of a second season, is there enough manga-source material for that to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    I agree with you.

I liked the show, but real highlights were missing/took too long to happen.

Speaking of a second season, is there enough manga-source material for that to happen?
    I might be wrong, but it seems that the manga was only slightly ahead of the anime. It's like if both project have been done at the same time more or less. So I guess it does not affect a potential second season.

I do not know how good the audience number were. I guess in the end it all comes down to the profit they get with the show/manga/merchandise/broadcast/blu-ray/dvd and so on.