Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Manga: Rosario+Vampire

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    The bigger question is where each of the factions stand. Hokuto and Kiria seem the most evil, so allying with them sounds like a mistake.
    Nah, they share the goal of getting Moka away from her current location. Obviously Hokuto and Kiria should have plans to snatch Moka for themselves afterwards or during the operation, so Tsukune & Co only need to be wary of that. Otherwise they need all the allies they can get.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Chapter 40 Muda Scantrad

Nice chapter considering the relationships but the ending is pretty badass.
    Looks like Tsukune didn't level up but his Ghoul did.
    Last edited by NeoCybercoin; Wed, 03-23-2011 at 02:23 PM.

Muda Scantrad not MangaStream.

Blog Entries
    Kurumu is so ending up with the werewolf guy

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Kurumu is so ending up with the werewolf guy
    She was blushing in Gin's company so it didn't seem like she was only annoyed with him. It would be nice development indeed, far better than following Tsukune, who is only interested in Moka.

Interesting development also otherwise. Though Tsukune won't be able to do much good for Moka if he's not in control but in a perfect berserker mode.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    She was blushing in Gin's company so it didn't seem like she was only annoyed with him. It would be nice development indeed, far better than following Tsukune, who is only interested in Moka.

Interesting development also otherwise. Though Tsukune won't be able to do much good for Moka if he's not in control but in a perfect berserker mode.
    Somehow someone will be able to get him back to normal, even risking her life for it, might be Kurumu.

So Tsukune is a powerless human... or ghoul, we don't know for sure. What we know is that Moka infused some of her powers in him by constantly refreshing herself with his blood. It showed on occasions when Tsukune should have died easily but this power protected him.
    He even transformed at some point, into something quite strong. Can't remember precisely.

The problem is that with that approach, Tsukune is getting stronger and stronger and loses what his character is and the story loses the contrast he offers in so many situations, being only a weak human in a world of strong monsters. They tried for a long time to show that his other qualities like compassion, love, determination, some wit were very helful to the team/harem, but it was a very long stretch and they were crossing the line everytime he grew stronger.

The last needle, the heart... quite a strong idea isn't it? His true/strong feelings are what make him so different. Transform this, and he's not Tsukune anymore, only another youkai/monster.
    You could say that's why the emergency monster in him reacted, to protect the very last of the human thing he had in him. Of course there's also saving his own life.

My guess is that in the future, that monster power he has in him will always be capped, not very different from Moka, except that his monster powers are totally uncontrollable and no one will dare activating them.
    Again, for the moment, the story needs a very weak Tsukune, at least it was built that way. The trick is, he will remain weak, but bearing a very dangerous/dark/uncontrollable power.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Personally I don't like an adventure/action story where the main couple is composed of an overly weak member and a powerful one and the strong one must always be saving the weak. It's especially bad if it's a useless man and a strong woman; I guess due to the genetic male need to save females... That being said, I, for one, enjoyed the story exactly as it was: Tsukune agonizing over not being able to protect Moka, but then being offered the chance by pure chance by becoming a ghoul. So, I will only be glad if towards the end the series will give Tsukune better and better chances to get closer to Moka strength wise, creating a more equal relationship between them where neither will feel useless. And I certainly don't feel Tsukune giving up a part of his humanity for Moka's sake would be anything ugly - he does it willingly and because he loves Moka. As long as his blood tastes no worse, Moka won't probably mind either, har har.

Blog Entries
    Chapter 43 - MangaTraders

Bishie upgrade

Pretty cool power up too.

I guess the dude's a full-fledged monster now, at the very least on a par with the likes of witches. Although considering his ghoulish tendencies, he's surely more of a monster than a witch already. I hope Moka still finds his blood human enough.

I think it plays well off the middle and end of the first "season" of the manga. Tsukune was pretty upset when Moka first injected her blood into him, he still prided himself as being human and wanted to stay that way. Inner Moka set him straight saying it was only temporary, though she turned out to be wrong about that...since she gave him Shinso cells as well.

Now Tsukune has sacrificed nearly everything that made him human in order to save Moka and be with her. That also plays off well with Hokuto's past. Hokuto became a monster out of fear (at first), a lust for power, and self-preservation. All selfish reasons. Tsukune has become a monster for entirely selfless reasons.

We'll have to see how Tsukune fares against most monsters (Tohou Fuhai said he can only hope to defend against Akua).

How do you get One Manga (which hasn't hosted manga in over a year) from SomeManga and MangaStream from Muda Scantrad? If it was by MangaStream it would be on their site.

Blog Entries
    Bitch you best not be trying to post releases faster than Marik! He'll fuck you up!

But yeah Neo, what the fuck are you on when you post these links?

I have no idea O_o I do keep on forgetting that Somemanga isn't free anymore since I donated $10 I keep forgetting that. Mangastream and Somemanga are the ones I always use. Mangareaders was the link a friend of mine gave me. But typed mangastream for some reason. Ahh well.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCybercoin View Post
    Ruby <3
    I'd complain that no one is talking about the chapter, but that's really all that needs to be said.

I was amused that Yukari's main attack is still dropping washbasins...and that it is still effective. Kurumu being able to slice through gun barrels was something else though. The majority of her opponents haven't lost limbs since the earliest chapters with her (which they could grow back as well). I guess she's usually holding back. When I first saw that panel, I thought it was going to be Shirayuki.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    I'm a bit surprised that the big bad girl has such a long range detection.
    It is usually thought that such power is meant for weak people. It is further reinforced by the fact she lives in a small flying island where that power is fully effective to protect her.

On the other hand, you could argue that she's so strong that this power works by itself and is a very basic function she can use anytime. Only her strong power makes it a long range, not her fears and the need to protect herself.

Other than that, not much to say except I liked Maso-Ruby like most...

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Blog Entries
    Ha! How shonen... they have 6 members and there are 6 midbosses, not to mention the first opponent boasts of his huge power only to be dismissed by the new powered up member of team good guys.

One thing i noticed though, the little witch is still just dropping shit on top of the enemies heads. How much do you want to bet that she'll be left to deal with a boss herself, then go "booh hoo i have to prove myself as a big girl" and pull some insane magical shit out her genius white ass?

The whole chapter was insanely cliché and the setting seems to be heading that way as well, I'm not sure I'll enjoy this but I'll stay positive... for now!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    Kurumu being able to slice through gun barrels was something else though. The majority of her opponents haven't lost limbs since the earliest chapters with her (which they could grow back as well).
    Don't forget the old manga and anime rule: Nothing is more resilient material than a human body. A gun barrel, despite being made extra tough to withstand the continuous operation of the gun, is like butter compared to skin, muscles and bone!

But yeah, Ruby was funny in this chapter. I wasn't expecting masochism to be the key to surviving an electric shock...

I don't also see why the others would have developed suddenly that much. They weren't doing anything that special when Tsukune underwent the operation to become something less (or more) than a human.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    ut yeah, Ruby was funny in this chapter. I wasn't expecting masochism to be the key to surviving an electric shock...
    ... you weren't?