Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Senkou no Night Raid

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Wasn't this show's director the one who also did Persona Trinity? That may explain the somewhat unengaging feel.

I actually don't mind this series though. The characters still aren't "likeable" as far as likeability of anime characters are concerned, but I don't dislike the overall flow at the moment.

I was a bit surprised to hear that Aoi is European. You get so used to seeing characters in a variety of hair colours that only the very obvious becomes immediately apparent.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    I wonder if anyone with strong Asian history background could help analyse this.

The show is very decent and all, maybe a tad boring with some fillers and I guess the powers are there only to try and keep the audience there. But all in all, the time spent watching this is nice.
    It's just I would not like being cheated with poor or even falsified historic facts.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

It's no doubt Shanghai was full of spies and intrigue during 30's, but we all know how the situation in Asia developed towards 40's, so in that sense I doubt we will be seeing anything completely surprising in this show. Kuomintang (KMT) was ruling most of China (as much as anybody was ruling it during those times) until after WWII and their defeat by the communists (for whom Shangai was an important place), which explains why we are seeing lots of that tension in this show as well.

Still, I certainly don't know more of the Asian history than you do, but I'm not bothered by such things in this show as long as they make sense. Like those independence activists of this episode. People like that most assuredly existed back then and that's enough for me. Japan also had its own share of dissidents who were crushed towards the world war.