Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episodes 154-155

Quote Originally Posted by frog hermit View Post
    that makes sense. accepted
    I just assumed that once you use the toad oil, it always influences the process of using nature chakra from that point on. Otherwise, yeah, I don't see why Jirayia would turn into a toad when not using the oil.

maybe animals can only use nature energy, therefore nature energy is only available to someone through their blood contract with an animal making the user take on the characteristics of the chosen animal. or maybe its a secret that only the frogs figured out.

it just seems like something you would need to master if you wanted to be the best of the best in the ninja world and at this point in the series I am sure we have seen the best of the best, but only Jiriya seems to have used it.

We actually know very little about the (earlier) Kage (so we have really only seen the recent best) or about the whole animal contract thingy. Only Jiraiya, Oro and Tsunade have summoned huge animals as far as I recall (Kakashi's dogs are kinda lame), so it seems to be pretty exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Thank god for a sieve-like memory. I watched the OP twice and I still don't remember what was spoilerish about it :P
    You mean apart from [spoiler removed -- sorry, thought it was obvious].That said, it looks to be completely awesome. Naruto looks like a fusion between Jiraiya and the fourth
    Last edited by Janusz; Sun, 04-11-2010 at 11:10 AM.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janusz View Post
    We actually know very little about the (earlier) Kage (so we have really only seen the recent best) or about the whole animal contract thingy. Only Jiraiya, Oro and Tsunade have summoned huge animals as far as I recall (Kakashi's dogs are kinda lame), so it seems to be pretty exclusive.
    The Third had his ape, and the Hidden Rain guy from the war had that giant Salamander. Like they said, Sage Mode is only for people with a large chakra capacity such that the natural energy won't overwhelm them. Not all excellent ninjas had that kind of capacity, so it's not the only technique around that kicks serious ass.

The mixing system itself is a little unclear to me at the moment. They mentioned that you mixed physical energy, spirit energy and natural energy together to use either Sage Jutsu or Sage mode. If you mixed too much natural energy into yourself, you'll be overwhelmed.

So.. that is to say the power you can draw from nature is limited by the amount of chakra you have yourself?

In that case, it's not as "unlimited" as it may seem. Also, it means Sage mode is best used at the beginning of battle when your chakra is at its max, as opposed to a last-resort move when you've got so little chakra left that you can only gather a minuscule amount to add to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Janusz
    [highlight to read spoiler]
    You mean apart from Pain attacking Konaha and fighting everyone + Sage Naruto? Though that was kinda obvious from this episode alone.
    Hmm.. well I don't remember any of that, but it's a bit hard to forget now when it's spelt out to me
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sun, 04-11-2010 at 11:55 AM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Man, if theres spoilers in the OP... why point them out? :P

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Well, that was about all there was in the OP, so when I read at the start of this topic that the OP was spoilerish I thought it was obvious what they meant. Anyway I removed the exact details from my post for any further people that may come across my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Janusz View Post
    Well, that was about all there was in the OP, so when I read at the start of this topic that the OP was spoilerish I thought it was obvious what they meant. Anyway I removed the exact details from my post for any further people that may come across my post.

Well it wasn't by all means wrong of you to do so, since as you said it should be blatantly obvious (for normal people ) in the OP, but thanks for for editing for those who don't necessarily want to be reminded of it.

Also, it means Sage mode is best used at the beginning of battle when your chakra is at its max, as opposed to a last-resort move when you've got so little chakra left that you can only gather a minuscule amount to add to yourself.
    Doesn't matter to Naruto, naturally, since he has unlimited chakra from kyuubi. So, he should be able to stay in sage mode forever if he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Doesn't matter to Naruto, naturally, since he has unlimited chakra from kyuubi. So, he should be able to stay in sage mode forever if he wants.
    But Naruto also loses control to the Kyuubi when he uses too much of its chakra.

But Naruto also loses control to the Kyuubi when he uses too much of its chakra.
    Unless....the nature chakra balances it out.

If you use the pie chart example they provided in the anime, it's like

You have Naruto's chakra in red, Kyuubi's chakra in blue, and Sage power in green.

If too much of the pie gets taken over by the red, he goes berserk, if too much gets taken over by the green, he turns into a frog.

But what if you kept fueling both and kept either of those from taking over. Like you could tap into more and more of the Kyuubi, but as long as you absorbed and equal amount of Sage power, neither could overtake a majority of the pie.

Naruto could theoretically tap into as much of the Kyuubi's power as he wanted and not lose control, while using an equal amount of Sage power without going frog. His potential power is, like, double infinity.

Of course, at that point, Naruto's own blue chakra would only make up a tiny sliver of the pie. And who knows if that would be bad or not.

Of course, at that point, Naruto's own blue chakra would only make up a tiny sliver of the pie. And who knows if that would be bad or not.
    9 tailed frog?

Quote Originally Posted by redcat View Post
    9 tailed frog?
    I believe that would technically be a tadpole.

So.. that is to say the power you can draw from nature is limited by the amount of chakra you have yourself?
    Actually, after watching the section where the old toad said that since Nature energy is external and won't tire you out, I'm thinking that the Nature energy is the only energy consumed while in Sage mode, physical and mental energy are only there to balance it and prevent it from taking over.

In other words, in a 2-dimensional illustration, the mental and physical energy form the two sides of a funnel through which Nature energy is poured. The funnel walls only prevent Nature energy from leaking into the body; they are not an actual source of combat strength.

If this is true, the limitation of Nature energy output is a constant number, which is determined by the user's maximum capacity of mental and physical chakra. In an RPG, this is like a technique which makes your ATK value equal your Maximum MP value at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by kmkze04 View Post
    Actually, after watching the section where the old toad said that since Nature energy is external and won't tire you out, I'm thinking that the Nature energy is the only energy consumed while in Sage mode, physical and mental energy are only there to balance it and prevent it from taking over.

In other words, in a 2-dimensional illustration, the mental and physical energy form the two sides of a funnel through which Nature energy is poured. The funnel walls only prevent Nature energy from leaking into the body; they are not an actual source of combat strength.

If this is true, the limitation of Nature energy output is a constant number, which is determined by the user's maximum capacity of mental and physical chakra. In an RPG, this is like a technique which makes your ATK value equal your Maximum MP value at all times.
    Yeah, that makes sense. The only issue now is to confirm whether nature energy alone really is able to form techniques, since all other techniques so far have always relied on chakra moulding - ie mixing.

But it's not without an example. Sasuke's thunder attack supposedly uses pure natural energy and zero chakra.

I got goosebumps watching the new opening in each and every scene. Good stuff.

Though I can't help but hate the ending despite the great animation... I absolutely can't stand OreSkaBand...

Yeah, that makes sense. The only issue now is to confirm whether nature energy alone really is able to form techniques, since all other techniques so far have always relied on chakra moulding - ie mixing.

But it's not without an example. Sasuke's thunder attack supposedly uses pure natural energy and zero chakra.
    I'm not sure if Sasuke's utilized the same concept though... he more created a natural phenomenon and gave it a target. Sage mode seems to be actually drawing the external energy in, then moulding it and using it, rather than the energy being completely external.

In other words, Sasuke does everything outside, where Naruto actually acts like a conduit and lets the energy pass through his body. Both are a type of Nature energy, I'd think.

Blog Entries
    Wow, they must have crammed like 4 or 5 chapters on this one

I get really turned off by the manga readers here who reveal something is spoiler. I thought the OP was really awesome and the only thing I got from it was Naruto ultimately facing Pain in sage mode. But apparently, there is much more than that....

I got Pain and Konan fighting all of Konoha from the opening.

You know before they introduced Pain I was worried they were going though Akatsuki members too quickly. But with Pain you can have like an entire shounen showdown arc with just his different bodies fighting people 1 on 1.