Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mayoi Neko Overrun!

Nobody should wonder after this whether a childhood friend always wins.

Doesn't change the fact Nozomi was still the cutest of the lot.

Nozomi may have been the cutest in terms of personality and actions, but I absolutely hated her hair this episode (kind of a weird hate, I guess). I found myself caring more for Fumino with her lack of attention. I was expecting Takumi to comment on her bathing suit on the island, saying he thought hers was the most beautiful or something, but he fails at that. He also failed with the whole "I will never in hell think anything weird about/with you". Even if Fumino is hardcore Tsundere, Takumi is still in love with her, and he knows that she is in love with him. It annoys me that this was only the second biggest hint at a development between them in this entire series so far, with the first being in what, episode three? Random comedy is fine (except for episode seven... giant LOLWUT?), but to start development, then completely ignore it for 2/3 of the season, doesn't suit well with me.

That being said though, this has actually become one of the better series this season, for me. I rather enjoy all the interactions between the characters, even if some things become insanely frustrating after awhile.

It's dangerous to go alone. Take Nep.

These episodes are completely unpredictable for sure. Yet still in the background at the same time moves forward a more morbid Nozomi plot. Her mercantilistic view of a limited sum of happiness certainly bodes nothing good as it seems intensely fatalistic as well. Nobody ever asked her for any background information so it's not like anyone could help her either. Everybody's too busy with bloomers and bike shorts anyway.

It was a cute episode all in all. The late scene with Nozomi concluding they all like Takumi and asking what they could do was so novel in harem despite its simplicity that it was quite golden indeed.

Nozomi's view of limited happiness was based on an exceedingly concrete case after all. Just because only one could become the heir of the adoptive family, she had come to think in any circumstances only one can become happy, the rest will fall to sadness. Although that's pretty close to the truth with Takumi's case as well: Only one of the three girls can have him, after all.