Thread: One Piece Episode 445

One Piece Episode 445

Last edited by DarthEnderX; Thu, 04-08-2010 at 03:34 AM.

I just can't wait until the "comedy relief" of Buggy and Mr. 3 ends.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

yibis

Last edited by Marik; Wed, 04-07-2010 at 03:24 AM.

Man, this episode was kind of a clusterfuck in the second half. So much shit going on it was hard to follow.

Title was deceptive also. Either Blackbeard beat Shiryu in a few seconds, or he said something that made Shiryu decided not to fight.

Yeah, i REALLY wanted to see how Shiryu was supposed to beat Blackbeard.

I mean, isnt Blackbeards "Darkness" fruit-power one of the strongest that exist?

But Magellan seemed to have an awful lot of confidence that Shiryu could take care of Blackbeard(and his crew?) so he must be packing some serious skills ^^

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Jounin
    Well he seems to be a swordsman and not a DF-user. Therefor he might be quite powerful VS Blackbeard. Two of Blackbeards strengths with his fruit is that people that rely on their DF-power might be weakened mentally from the shock. And if their DF gives them defensive capability's (like Luffy or all Logias) , he probably does much more damage to them then he would otherwise (since they're not used to taking damage it becomes so much more painful).

And from what we have seen Shiryu seems to almost be on equal footing with Magellan. And we have seen no trace of a DF-abilty but rather swordsmanship. That might be why Magellan has such confidence in him. But we don't even know if Magellan knows what BB can do. In any case, Shiryu is a force to be reckoned with

Shiryu is a lot faster than Blackbeard, that's for sure. Shiryu could probably kill Blackbeard before he has a chance to do anything. But of course in practice speed differences only play any role in One Piece when the plot requires them to play a role. Otherwise they are compensated for by standing and talking or standing and stupidly staring.

Standing with their guns out as darkness slowly engulfs them... aka the previous episode.
    Would Blackbeard even survive a direct bullet wound?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Oh right, Blackbeard can get hit by physical attacks.. totally forgot about that o.O

I kinda figured a "Darkness" fruit would be in the same category as Admiral Kizaru's "Light" fruit, seeing as his body is basically "made of light"

But Blackbeard can make "black holes" can't he? is he then able to absorb Kizaru's "light"? Would be interesting to see a fight between those two, Light vs Darkness :P

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Yeah, Shiryu is supposed to be on the same level as Magellen, so hes supposed to be strong enough to keep all of the most wanted criminals in the world under control. Also, adding that Blackbeard's Logia doesn't have the same auto-defense as other types, that would allow Shiryu to do some stuff. He seems like he would be around Mihawk in skill, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentenal View Post
    He seems like he would be around Mihawk in skill, at least.
    I very much doubt we have seen even the tip of Mihawk's skills. Although the same goes for Shiryu, but it also means there could or couldn't be a big gap, either way. One thing is clear, though: Shiryu does have self-control issues and that's rarely a good thing in a swordsman.

Yeah, mihawk seems far more tempered (no pun intended) with his self control.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    I very much doubt we have seen even the tip of Mihawk's skills. Although the same goes for Shiryu, but it also means there could or couldn't be a big gap, either way. One thing is clear, though: Shiryu does have self-control issues and that's rarely a good thing in a swordsman.
    I say Shiryu is at least close to Mihawk, because Magellen feels that he alone is enough to take down Blackbeard, and they (Blackbeard and Mihawk) are both Shichibukai. Magellen also thinks he alone is enough to take on Luffy, Crocodile, and Jimbei. Which is a group made up of someone who has beaten two Shichibukai, a current one, and a former one. And apparently Magellen and Shiryu are equal. I guess I'm also treading dangerously close to power level arguments (which I'd want to avoid), but I'm just trying to say that Shiryu is probably a world-class swordsmen, which would make him really powerful.

It's not that Magellen thinks he can take Luffy's group but that he must take them down, no matter the cost.

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender