Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: B Gata H Kei

Why? It's not like answering the question honestly indicates what type of human being you are. It's only natural that that would interest a male. And frankly, if someone is bold enough to ask you that question, they should be prepared for your response, and not think differently of you when/if you answer yes.

It's dangerous to go alone. Take Nep.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    It's more like the fact that I wouldn't have a response ready, and the first thing I say when that happens is "I don't know".

And really, I wouldn't know. It's not like she's asking if "I'd like to be flashed by a commando or non-commando girl". If I'm just asked whether or not I'd like girls going commando, I wouldn't really care as the effect should be minimal. (Yamada would insist otherwise, but that's her)

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

You have a point... I guess the context of the question is what matters. Since she more or less asked if he liked the idea of girls without underwear, instead of whether or not he enjoyed being flashed by girls without underwear more than those with underwear, it could be safe to assume that he doesn't really care either way as well. So maybe that's why he answered the way he did, because "the effect would be minimal either way".

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    i would have said "i don't know" because, especially with Yamada's semi-stardom within the school, I'd be afraid she was laying a trap for me. sure, she's been pretty forward so far, but most of her advances go right over Kosuda's thick head.

you don't tell your first high school crush that you think bondage is hot, even if that's the honest truth...

Quote Originally Posted by alhuin
    The individual episodes make it seem like things start progressing quickly, but when you look at the entire timeframe, not much has happened at all.
    not sure what your high school life was like, but i remember it could take quite a while to really open up and get with people, particularly if one (or both) people were shy / insecure or if there were extraneous things like mistakenly thinking they're interested in someone else, whatnot. but, hey, at least that's what i remember. some people fucked right away (usually semi-alcohol poisoned)

The Japanese school year starts in April, so it's almost been a year since the series started. It's pretty common in these light / unoriginal anime / manga for them to stick to certain big events and make single episodes based around those events. They are almost always: the new school year beginning, a local / school festival, summer vacation (Obon), Christmas, New Year's, Valentine's Day, White Day, Graduation.

There's also almost always (in a school setting): part-time job episode, school club/activity episode, trip to Tokyo/Kyoto (sometimes mixed with the summer vacation episode). I also notice there's usually alot of episode centered around summer vacation either beginning or ending ("We didn't do anything this summer vacation" and "frenzied planning and then summer vacation"). Also quite common are: Friend has a dilemma episode, Pool/Beach/Onsen episode, Teacher Crush episode, Rival from another Class/School episode.

am i missing any?

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

In my high school days, even for shy/insecure individuals, or misunderstood situations, something more than a kiss would happen after a few months at least. And if nothing happened, then one, or both parties, would move on. Doesn't necessarily have to be "fucking", but even if sex was involved, it sure as hell didn't take almost a year to get anywhere. But my discussion on realizing the length of time between Kosuda and Yamada wasn't intended to gauge their sexual intimacy, but just their intimacy in general. If they started school in mid-April, and kissed around Christmas time, that means it took a good 8 months for that to happen... but because of the episodic nature of the show, it didn't really seem like it was that long. I was just merely pointing out that in the actual time frame, not much has happened... and they way they are moving, it almost feels like they won't get any further by the end of the school year. But I guess that's where the next summer episode comes in.

Also, I realize the common events/scenarios that present themselves in this genre of anime. But thanks for listing them all out so I have an easy way to keep track!

Kyouka's evil laugh was quite interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by animus View Post
    Kyouka's evil laugh was quite interesting.
    I hated that laugh, but it was funny how she stopped doing it so quickly and returned to her proper form every time her maid came in. She takes brother complex to the extreme.

I imagine her poor evil laugh was like that to signify she's such a n00b villainess. Just like Yamada is nothing but a wannabe slut.

I found it a little sad Yamada in her honest moment didn't even remember Kosuda's existence, not even in the sense of thinking he's too uncool to be introduced as her boyfriend. That doesn't bode well for them. He should go for the glasses girl. But of course he doesn't know this happened so it's all moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Marik View Post
    I hated that laugh, but it was funny how she stopped doing it so quickly and returned to her proper form every time her maid came in. She takes brother complex to the extreme.
    Especially from that back-breaking laugh at the piano resetting right back to default Fabulous mode.

The pulse rate detection was funny. She has to be turned on to go inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    Especially from that back-breaking laugh at the piano resetting right back to default Fabulous mode.
    Haha, yeah. The piano scene was definitely the best one.

I find it amusing that she feels the need to hide her evil side from her maid, but shows no shame when it comes to her brother complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    The pulse rate detection was funny. She has to be turned on to go inside.
    For a second there I thought Yamada was going to be right about the contents of that box. Kyouka was so hot and bothered that it looked like she was going to pull out a vibrater and start pleasing herself.

I knew the vibrator gag was too obvious, after Yamada envisioned it, and then Kyouka was all "hot and bothered". I expected it to be something of her brother's... like a naked picture of him or something... cause I did fully expect her to break down and masturbate (since we've seen it happen by another girl already >_>). But the shrine was a surprise.

That aside, the brother complex itself was too obvious, the moment she mentioned she was in love with someone and was waiting for him to "come back". I actually thought of it when she mentioned he was the one that took her photos for the magazine, but there was no definitive proof in that scene. Her personality is rather enjoyable with her evil side (that can quickly reset) and her confusion about why her brother complex is considered wrong. I was bored with her typical ojou-sama attributes at the beginning. At least you could tell the laugh was forced, and she wasn't used to it.

Yamada, again, annoyed me by not thinking of Kosuda when asked about her boyfriend (even if it was in a way saying "he's too much of a loser to be considered my boyfriend, I just want to have sex with him"). But, I've come to appreciate this series when I think about it terms of a comedy with no plot. If I stop caring about any development, then I can enjoy the series much more, so I laughed quite a bit during this episode. Need more Yamada's sister, in my opinion, though.

Yamada simply needs to hook up with Kyouka's onii-chan to even the scales.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Kanejou's got style, and I like style. Kick-ass swimsuit, elegance + fabulous sparkles where ever she goes? Yamada can only hope to beat her in libido. And if it wasn't for the limiter ala Brother Complex, she could well lose in that too.

"Oh My God!" was pretty hilarious.

One funny part was how Yamada ended up participating in the grown-up men's war game.

The whole competition between Kanejou and Yamada seems a bit silly and fruitless. They are so different girls and with different aims. The only thing they share is the desire be the queen of the school, but I bet if they sat down and started to ponder what it means to be the queen, their lists would have only a few shared points. But of course that hardly has any relevance in a comedy series and it's not like it would bother me. Just saying.

Sub comparison.
    Last edited by Marik; Sat, 05-15-2010 at 04:43 PM.

Maybe I should switch subbers... I haven't really paid that much attention to it because this show hardly needs high quality subbing in the first place, but I have to admit some CoalGuys decisions are hard to ignore.

Yeah, I noticed some inconsistencies when I watched them this time round (less so the previous eps), but I didn't think anything of it since impact was minimal anyway.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    The bottom screen cap made me laugh a little....