Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: B Gata H Kei

LOL!!! Helping her rival? Wow, even Sawako has more balls then Yamada.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

I started falling asleep during ep two and with that I've decided to leave this one alone. I liked the concept but the execution just didn't do enough for me over two episodes to justify watching it. Maybe there will be an upswing later on and I'll marathon it once it's over.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    i actually liked episode 02 heaps better than 01. quite a bit cliche in times, but i find that i really like Takeshita and Yamada together, and some of the gags / lines in this episode were pretty funny

Takeshita is a pretty likable "the supportive friend" character, and her boyfriend was a nice touch, as well. also like that Yamada is sometimes just so impossibly crude

and i really do need a comedy in my life somewhere...

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Heh, this show's not getting much love, but it could just be the lack of debatable things. Another funny ep.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

The dark room portion was nice and underlined the contradiction in Yamada's character: Innocence yet a great craving for ecchi. All in all this show doesn't really offer a whole lot to talk about. I like this and it entertains me greatly but what's there to talk about? There's no depth to speak of.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    There's no way you would not be able to recognise a boob placed in your hand.
    Other than that, that show is watchable and I think I will continue to.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

I was expecting the 2nd place Beauty Pageant girl to have been of more value. She is in the OP, though briefly after all.

Quote Originally Posted by animus View Post
    I was expecting the 2nd place Beauty Pageant girl to have been of more value. She is in the OP, though briefly after all.
    Ditto. She's shown in the ED also. I was expecting her to snatch Kosuda away from Yamada and dance with him at the bonfire to create some drama, but it didn't happen, which is kind of disappointing to me.
    Last edited by Marik; Sat, 04-17-2010 at 07:30 PM.

The ED shows a shot of all the main characters (?) and the 2nd place girl is in it together with some dude. So, I never expected her to be interested in Kosuda. I believe her importance in this episode was simply to make Kosuda think Yamada is out of his league.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    The ED shows a shot of all the main characters (?) and the 2nd place girl is in it together with some dude. So, I never expected her to be interested in Kosuda. I believe her importance in this episode was simply to make Kosuda think Yamada is out of his league.
    One of the main points that amuse me in this show is watching all of Yamada's attempts backfire on her. Like entering the beauty contest so Kosuda would value her. Like showing the stats card so Kosuda would be attracted to her.

Blog Entries
    So instead of baseball terms the Japanese use letters for sexual achievements?

I liked the tree picture that Kosuda took. It looks very good even for anime standards.
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

I wonder if real photography clubs in Japan still stick to b/w films. Developing colour pictures was a more arduous process whereas b/w was so simple even I've done it but these days when digital cameras are far more prevalent, colour is the norm, surely. A digital camera and a decent printer. I don't think the artistic value of b/w is anymore so highly valued as it was at some point before the digital revolution.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    kraco, you're such an unromantic fagwad.

i think i'll be sticking around for the rest of this show. it's funny sometimes, but the romance is starting to grow on me (i can't help but love when a guy is out of a girl's league, but she makes the effort to go for him anyway). the fact that Yamada is trying to dupe herself into feeling unintersted in Kosuda makes it better, as it doesn't at all feel like an underdog story (more like a sympathetic telling of "the frog prince")

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

The beginning of this show hooked me, but now I'm slowly losing interest. The darkroom "rape" scene was pleasing, but Yamada's attitude is simply annoying. I know that she still believes her only attraction to Kosuda is wanting to have sex with him, so I can understand her willing advancements. But what I don't understand is why she thinks her off-putting and disgraceful attitude will make him want to do anything with her. Like Kosuda pointed out either in this episode or the last... she is too confusing, and her confusion pisses me off for some reason.

That being said, I'll probably continue to watch, if only for the sake of seeing something happen between them.

It's dangerous to go alone. Take Nep.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Ahhh this show is awesome. I kept on laughing my ass off. And this time it didn't even end in a complete failure!

I liked the use of music during and immediately after the kiss scene. It was.. funny, to say the least.

All the funny stuff aside, we got some character development as Kosuda starts to seriously consider whether he actually likes Yamada or not. I'm actually hoping for a scene in the future where he actually rejects her advance outright by saying he's unsure of their relationship, making her consider the same thing (and wonder why she's hurt over such a "normal" guy.)

Blog Entries
    This whole anime is so unrealistic and unrelatable...

I don't care if it's your first time or whatever, there is no guy in existence that would ever be nervous enough to pass on so many chances at once

The humor isn't all that great either, i'm not sure why i'm watching this