Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Piece Chapter 579

One Piece Chapter 579

mangastream / binktopia

Online Viewing | Direct Download

This chapter really solidified how much of a dick Akainu really is. It will be sweet when someone puts boots to him.
    Last edited by rockmanj; Wed, 03-24-2010 at 02:56 PM.

Oda topped himself again.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

I jizzed my pants.

Blog Entries
    What a predictable chapter, i totally saw this one coming... seriously...

Coby gets my Kudos. Seriously any more fighting with Whitebeards is a waste of Marine's lives.

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender

I came. Three times.

Jounin
    Quote Originally Posted by Munsu View Post
    I jizzed my pants.
    Second that! Holy shit! The most awesome pirate enters the stage. The wait for the next chapter is gonna be torture.

I don't know if the chapter was that good, but I hope this arc is wrapped up soon. And man, that absolute justice crap makes people crazy, it seems like (or it it just chiefly adopted by crazy people?) . I think Sengoku will order his men to stand down. I know he is supposed to champion absolute justice as well, but they basically accomplished what they set out to do, and he doesn't seem like a fool.

Haha, look at the expression on Akainu's face..... I hope Shanks gets out of this unscathed. Theres one pirate I definitely dont want to see harmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    Oda topped himself again.
    Must be boring up there on top

Also, I love that Shanks is the one to recover the straw hat. I wonder if he's going to hold onto it until the next time him and Luffy meet again.
    Last edited by Assertn; Wed, 03-24-2010 at 04:57 PM. Reason: wtf there's an edit field now?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I wonder why exactly the "few seconds" are so important, maybe because they saved Luffy, and Shanks is still betting the New Age on him?

To add to the previous conversation: my pants are also stained white. It is great to see Shanks show up - not to mention he looks absolutely badass along with Beckman. It's great that Oda had him make an appearance after two prominent characters died, rather than before (as to stop the deaths from happening).

I think, for now, Shanks will make the Marine's realize that rather than wasting half their forces on chasing fleeing pirates they need to focus on BlackBeard considering he's destroying the whole damn island. I don't think we'll see much fighting from him, but I sure hope he lays the beat-down on Akainu, or even kills hims (though this is doubtful).

Shanks probably sees that - to a point - the Marines are needed to keep the world safe from malicious, murderous pirates (i.e. BB), so does not want them completely eradicated, especially with BB and his new found power. Shanks will also probably open a few eyes considering a pirate - one of the Yonkou no less - saved a marine that was about to be killed by a high ranking Marine - an Admiral. Shouldn't that be the other way around?

Oh, and I enjoy how arguably for the first time Akainu looks scared (when Shanks stops his attack on the double spread). I guess you could say it is surprise but I think there is some fear in his expression.
    Last edited by joker-kun; Wed, 03-24-2010 at 05:31 PM.

[21:48] * DO furiously masturbates to #gotwoot

Quote Originally Posted by joker-kun View Post
    Shanks will also probably open a few eyes considering a pirate - one of the Yonkou no less - saved a marine that was about to be killed by a high ranking Marine - an Admiral. Shouldn't that be the other way around?
    We must note that the Tsunami warning had people flee from the monitors not seeing this. And we really haven't seen more monitors on other lands... so the world missed this very big event.

I want to see Buggy's reaction upon Shanks' arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    I want to see Buggy's reaction upon Shanks' arrival.
    probably along the lines of "you've come too late to stop me, my nemsis. I'll kill you next!"

only this time, he'll mean it.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

I never thought i would ever see Kizaru surrendering to someone holding a gun. It's good to know despite all these overpowered beings, guns aren't rendered obsolete.

I think Shanks was simply observing the event and didn't interfere until now.

I wonder if Coby is going to be banished from the marines, now... or maybe he'll leave the marines to pursue his own ideals of "justice."

Despite how easily Shanks strikes fear in all the marines, they're still actively fighting Blackbeard on the other side, whom was supposedly stronger than Shanks even before either of the two devils fruit he now possesses. Then again, I'd like to believe Shanks received those scars as an apprentice on Gold Rogers' ship, rather than as a yonkou.

Hell, maybe Blackbeard will become a yonkou himself after the time skip, since yonkou does imply "4 Emperors," and Whitebeard's death just freed up a slot.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Despite how easily Shanks strikes fear in all the marines, they're still actively fighting Blackbeard on the other side, whom was supposedly stronger than Shanks even before either of the two devils fruit he now possesses. Then again, I'd like to believe Shanks received those scars as an apprentice on Gold Rogers' ship, rather than as a yonkou.
    His reputation precedes him, Shanks is a well known Yonkou that is probably almost as strong as whitebeard, i repeat in italic almost as strong as whitebeard, that`s like almost as long as infinite, blackbeard on the other hand is a no body that suddenly got a rank at sichibukai.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Jounin
    Shanks Jolly Roger has those scars so i would assume he got them before he formed his own pirate crew.

Yeah I dont think Shanks is super strong either. He can probably hold his own against Akainu but I don't think he will be able to knock him down with a single punch like Whitebeard. That of course, doesn't make him any less awesome though.

I think of Shanks as more of a strong, intelligent leader. As a commander, I think he was far superior to Whitebeard.

Yeah, Shanks doesn't seem that strong. I recall it saying that Shanks used to rival Mihawk before he lost his arm, and Mihawk's pretty small fish at the moment compared to everyone else is he not?