Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One Piece Episode 442

Sea is liquid so seastone can't be in there in overly high concentrations. It could be that falling into an ocean saps their strength far slower, and the inability to swim is a separate matter altogether, like a second weakness in addition to the seastone allergy.

i don't think either de-fruits a user. However, Blackbeard's vortex on the other hand...
    Would be interesting to see what that would do to Brooke.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    I assume that while his body could move at the speed of light, his reactions are still limited by the speed of his own thought. His body can move fast enough, but if he can't think fast enough, he's not going to be able to get out of the way.

The only reason Logia's seem to be immune to bullets normally is because they're bodies apparently dissolve automatically.

Hmm, that almost seems like a plot hole at first. But when you think about it, shouldn't Brook die again if he falls in the ocean? If the fruit brought him back to life, and the sea negates the fruit then....
    Didn't Enel allow someone to attack him while he was sleeping, and still avoid the attack due to his Logia-ness? Apparently his powers are trained enough so that he doesn't even need to think to use his powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentenal View Post
    Didn't Enel allow someone to attack him while he was sleeping, and still avoid the attack due to his Logia-ness? Apparently his powers are trained enough so that he doesn't even need to think to use his powers.
    No. That's a power that all Logia users have. Attacks automatically don't effect them unless your using an element that negates theirs(water against sand, rubber against lightning, seastone against everything etc.), or are using Ambition in your attack.

No. That's a power that all Logia users have. Attacks automatically don't effect them unless your using an element that negates theirs(water against sand, rubber against lightning, seastone against everything etc.), or are using Ambition in your attack.
    Then there's this curveball I'll never figure out:

Remember that time when Ace and Smoker confronted each other in the restaurant and Luffy slingshots in, railing into Smoker from behind and causing both him and Ace to smash through the wall?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Then there's this curveball I'll never figure out:

Remember that time when Ace and Smoker confronted each other in the restaurant and Luffy slingshots in, railing into Smoker from behind and causing both him and Ace to smash through the wall?
    Comic releif
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    Comic releif
    How do you know that was comic relief, and not a reflection of their level of control over their Devil Fruit?

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentenal View Post
    How do you know that was comic relief, and not a reflection of their level of control over their Devil Fruit?
    Because every other time a logia user gets hit without noticing they turned into their element?

It was comic relief, unless you want me to beleive to take every joke literally and assume Sanji really did turned himself on fire back in Moria`s arc.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Well now, hold on...

Comic relief is not an excuse to bend the fundamental rules of the series. Sanji engulfing himself in flames is unrelated, as it is a common characterization used over dramatically in cartoons. It would be different if, say, Sanji was able to use the flames of passion to defeat Aokiji's ice or something.

Perhaps a better scenario to compare it to would be Inner Sakura vs Ino, which is ridiculous considering that Inner Sakura was meant to be a symbolic manifestation of Sakura's passion.

Still bullshit though.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

The whole issue gets highly dodgy when studied carefully in any case. There's no difference physically between getting hit by something or hitting something by yourself. So, if the reaction was 100% automatic and consistent, logia users could never right hook anybody. In fact, depending on the threshold, they might be unable to lift heavy objects, climb a rope, or do various other things where lots of pressure is directed at limited body area.

Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    Because every other time a logia user gets hit without noticing they turned into their element?

It was comic relief, unless you want me to beleive to take every joke literally and assume Sanji really did turned himself on fire back in Moria`s arc.
    You are talking about people like Crocodile and Enel, who have trained their Devil Fruit to that extent. So, you really aren't addressing my question. Obviously I was implying that Smoker and Ace (for example) don't have mastery of their Devil Fruit to the extent of someone like Crocodile and Enel.

So Ace was able to dodge Auger's bullets in time, but not Smoker flying into him? What about Kizaru being shot in the side of the head while he was trying to figure out his transponder snail?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Blog Entries
    I'll have to agree that it was comic relief

I think that Oda is enough of a good writer to know that logic shouldn't get in the way of a good joke

Auger is the sharpshooter from Blackbeard's group, right? I mean, I doubt he wasn't on guard when he finally confronted Blackbeard after chasing him down for so long. So that is a different situation from both Ace and Smoker getting caught off guard, and getting hit.

Also, I'd sooner put someone like Kizaru in the same league as Crocodile and Enel, than Smoker.

I dunno, I have a feeling Smoker will make Admiral someday. They haven't really shown yet of Luffy has just blown past him, or if he's been keeping pace with the main characters' growth. Won't know until we see him fight again.

Blog Entries
    I dunno, I have a feeling Smoker will make Admiral someday. They haven't really shown yet of Luffy has just blown past him, or if he's been keeping pace with the main characters' growth. Won't know until we see him fight again.
    Well duh? Smoker's relationship with Luffy is an obvious parallel to the one between Garp and Gold Roger, i'm sure that when Luffy finally becomes the Pirate King Smoker will be up there with the top brass

Smoker is my favorite marine, so hopefully down the line he becomes an admiral. Just saying at that point in Alabasta, he wasn't on the same level. IMO, at least.