Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Chapter 486

I really don't see the logic of that. Well, and I doubt that Konoha will allow that to happen, since I would think they still want the 9 tails. And what about Madara? I doubt he wants Naruto to die, since he needs the 9 tails for his magic plan. Not to be judgmental, but that is probably one of the dumbest strategies I have heard of (what if he kills Sasuke? Will he commit suicide?). And also one of the gayest (not that there is anything wrong with that).

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    You guys, you didn't read it right. He didn't say he wanted to die together. He said he thought they were evenly matched, AND THAT HE WOULD DEFEND KONOHA TO THE DEATH. If Sasuke attacked, they would probably die together, because of these two facts.
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

yeah poopde's got it. Seems like the most of you have already jumped the shark on this series... when he finally mans up and tells him that he WONT try to use his love or his amazing rhetoric or power of persuasion, even though he said exactly what you wanted to hear that he'd fight him to the death, you still bitch and nitpick.

now that madara's made zetsu sound weak it be dumb if he comes over the top and does work on any konoha nin when it comes time.

im hoping the old dude and his raccoon make a comeback to help train naruto soon

The dialogue seemed exceptionally campy in this chapter. I wonder if it was the translation's fault though.

And yeah, the Zetsu stuff was pretty random. Though with what was said in this chapter, maybe Shikamaru can take him on!

I think the sadest part is the fact that that panel with Zetsu, Mandara, and Sauske pretty much sums up the total man power of akatsuki. Really want to know how the hell Mandara plans to wage war on anything at this point. Curious about what he plans to do with the rinningan.

Maybe he's gonna stick it in himself use it to revive all the dead members atkatsuki and use their corpses to wage war which would be pretty badass. Hope he pulls something out.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LobsterMagnet
    I think the sadest part is the fact that that panel with Zetsu, Mandara, and Sauske pretty much sums up the total man power of akatsuki. Really want to know how the hell Mandara plans to wage war on anything at this point. Curious about what he plans to do with the rinningan.
    Remember those 7 nearly unstopable beasts Madara has under his control? me neither, i wonder how he`s going to war anything as well!
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster
    Remember those 7 nearly unstopable beasts Madara has under his control? me neither, i wonder how he`s going to war anything as well!
    Last time i noticed it they were all tucked away in an incontrollable statue

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagemane_no_Jutsu
    yeah poopde's got it. Seems like the most of you have already jumped the shark on this series... when he finally mans up and tells him that he WONT try to use his love or his amazing rhetoric or power of persuasion, even though he said exactly what you wanted to hear that he'd fight him to the death, you still bitch and nitpick.

now that madara's made zetsu sound weak it be dumb if he comes over the top and does work on any konoha nin when it comes time.

im hoping the old dude and his raccoon make a comeback to help train naruto soon
    http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/485-64/17

If I'm interpreting the top two panels correctly, Sasuke is saying "Either kill me or get killed by me", to which Naruto replies "I'll neither get killed by you nor kill you". At least, before the release of chapter 486, that was a perfectly reasonable way to interpret those panels. Enter, chapter 486:

http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/486-70/13

I'd link page 14 too but that's just redundant, he says the same thing, but more gayriffically...actually, that helps a little so I will link it:

http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/486-70/14

Given that Naruto contradicted himself, and we didn't have to go back further than one chapter to see it, I ask, just how is this NITPICKING? It may be bitching, but it's justified bitching. You have to stretch REAL far to NOT see this as a contradiction. At the end of 485 we waited in anticipation to see what Naruto's third choice would be. Lo and behold, we're given the WORST possible scenario: blatant and unapologetic contradiction. It's anticlimactic, and it's bullshit. And, a little homo in the delivery, not that there's anything wrong with that. Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    Last time i noticed it they were all tucked away in an incontrollable statue
    Incontrollable how exactly? I`m sure Madara has SOME way of controlling them.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Blog Entries
    Incontrollable how exactly? I`m sure Madara has SOME way of controlling them.
    Do tell.

Because from what i can tell they're either been transformed to energy and are useless without the last 2 or they can be turned back to their original forms and remain as wild as they ever been. If anything that second option might turn to bite him in the ass with all these first hokage clones running amok

Do tell.
    The rinnengan eye Madara was about to get 1 episode ago.

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Barles
    http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/485-64/17

http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/486-70/13

I'd link page 14 too but that's just redundant, he says the same thing, but more gayriffically...actually, that helps a little so I will link it:

http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/486-70/14
    Enter pages 11 and 12, where Naruto says:

"Sasuke, do you remember what you told me at the valley of the end, about top class ninjas? ... One direct clash later, I understand a lot more. We've become top-class ninjas, Sasuke. Did you see what was in my heart? How I really feel? Did you see what will happen? IF WE FIGHT AGAIN, WE'RE BOTH GOING TO DIE. Our battle will be inevitable if you really do attack the leaf.

You will note that your first link is to the moment before they traded their Rasendori, when they "exchanged" feelings or whatever by dueling. I'm not saying you're wrong, so much as I am saying that Naruto was confident that he could capture Sasuke -- and now, he's just confident he can stop him if Sasuke attacks Konoha. They know how strong they each are.
    Last edited by poopdeville; Thu, 03-11-2010 at 08:22 PM.
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

Blog Entries
    The rinnengan eye Madara was about to get 1 episode ago.
    Wut? .

Jounin
    Also Madara can control Bijuu's with his Sharingan anyways so even if he where to release one as a chess piece he will just control it directly with his Sharingan. And he seem to have the rinnengan.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TwisT
    Also Madara can control Bijuu's with his Sharingan anyways so even if he where to release one as a chess piece he will just control it directly with his Sharingan. And he seem to have the rinnengan.
    We've seen him control the nine-tails, we have no proof that he can control any of the other beasts

We've seen him control the nine-tails, we have no proof that he can control any of the other beasts
    I think Sasuke is pretty beasty and Madara controlled him quite easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudo
    I think Sasuke is pretty beasty and Madara controlled him quite easily.
    This one made me chuckle a bit.

Isn't the 9 tails supposed to be the beast with the most chakara or possible the strongest? Doesn't that mean if he can control the 9 tails, the rest should be controllable under his power. He could always find "containers" for them and let the beast control some persons' body and fight along side him.

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Barles
    Given that Naruto contradicted himself, and we didn't have to go back further than one chapter to see it, I ask, just how is this NITPICKING? It may be bitching, but it's justified bitching. You have to stretch REAL far to NOT see this as a contradiction. At the end of 485 we waited in anticipation to see what Naruto's third choice would be. Lo and behold, we're given the WORST possible scenario: blatant and unapologetic contradiction. It's anticlimactic, and it's bullshit. And, a little homo in the delivery, not that there's anything wrong with that. Come on.

Yeahh well guy you see you are nitpicking and your poor display of comprehension doesn't really help your side of the nitbitch fence kinda shows how you dont even pay attention just another hater. It wasn't meant to be climatic, it was meant to start bringing an end to this arc. Albeit not the greatest moment in naruto.. Maybe if they fought for at least a second before doing their trademark jutsu battle and white world of telepathy convo it woulda been alright.

Im thinking... all these 'homo' thoughts about a manga says just a little bit about where your heads at.

Naruto still hasn't grown. He's an unrealistic and a delusional romantic. He would not, will not make a good Hokage because he doesn't think rationally or with interest in the best possible outcome for the village.

With this idea of a double fight to the death. He's like that kid who reads too much manga.

A Hokage is not only willing to kill his old traitorous friend, but is willing to kill in deceitful ways, like killing his friend while his friend sleeping. Whatever is best for the village.

Naruto wants a fair duel, and is willing to risk his own death and the saftey of the village because it sounds like "honorable" and "cool".

I'm gonna sound stupid for saying this but for a second I thought they managed to sew Kisame's head back on.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。