Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One Piece Chapter 577

One Piece Chapter 577

mangastream / binktopia

Online Viewing | Download

OOOOKKKKK so Blackbeard leveled up

but i don't think he can keep absorbing abilities, otherwise they start to conflict with each other.

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender

Wow... BlackBeard completely lost it...
    Im wondering what Marco meant about Teach's body composition. I don't think this was an ability of the Darkness fruit, but rather one of his own.

Akainu needs to die. Every panel he appears I hate him more.

Quote Originally Posted by Death13a
    OOOOKKKKK so Blackbeard leveled up

but i don't think he can keep absorbing abilities, otherwise they start to conflict with each other.
    I don't think he's just going around absorbing powers. I think he simply has the 2 and it'll stay that way. Apparently there's an anormality in his body that would allow him to do this, maybe kinda like those very rare cases in which a person might exhibit 2 different DNAs... chimeras.
    Last edited by Munsu; Wed, 03-10-2010 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    Wow... BlackBeard completely lost it...
    Im wondering what Marco meant about Teach's body composition. I don't think this was an ability of the Darkness fruit, but rather one of his own.

Akainu needs to die. Every panel he appears I hate him more.

Where did Marco mention Teach's composition?

Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj
    Where did Marco mention Teach's composition?
    On the last page.

I think Im reopening an old pandora box with this but oh well...
    I wonder how Devil Fruits work. Supposedly only 1 of each exists at a time... so... when a user dies... what triggers a new fruit to be born? Or does a part of the previous owner transform into a fruit?

This would explain what Teach was doing... extracting the 'new fruit' from the body. But then one should appear from Ace too...

didn't they say that having more than one devil fruit will make you explode?
    I can understand the power stealing, but it requires some explanation about dual fruiting.
    anyway.
    loved that marine, who's soiling himself because he's so afraid of earthquakes.
    also, WB was 72? I thought he was 50 something, that makes him even more amazing. we really need some more flashbacks about him, maybe after all this is over, maybe we'll start hearing about islands in NW that WB visited, maybe the merman island will give some more info on the subject...

back to Blackbeard.
    here's my take on the issue.
    Devil fruits only grow inside a dead man's body. which explains how there's only one person of each power, and yet the fruits can be identified from sight.
    Black beard has a twin inside him, (like the guy in basilik), which BB feeds the evil fruit to, and when he wants to switch backup powers, he sucks the fruit out of his brother, and then feeds him another fruit.

I'm positive that the secret to the power swap isn't just the blackwhole, since that guy commented about BB's atypical body, and furthermore, most devil fruits abilities are recognized, and if someone in the past had the ability to steal powers, it would have been made public.

or something. anyway, Blackbeard hides the process because it's his weakness.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu
    On the last page.

Ahh...I couldn't scroll to the right for some reason the first time. It just appeared that the page said: "It's my AAAGE" and the page right below. I can see the whole thing now (I'm not illiterate).

Well they did mentioned that Blackbeard could die, so he won't go around absorbing abilities if he can have more than one. And he needed first fruit to be darkness as he would have eaten others by now.

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender

I think the darkness fruit allows him to extract another devil fruit power, but only his physical body is able to handle the effects of possessing two fruits.

In other words, without the darkness fruit, Teach would have to obtain a second power by finding another uneaten fruit.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Blog Entries
    Well if BB wasn't already obvious "Last Boss" material back then...

Also i might be willing to bet that should Jimbei survive this he'll join the strawhats, all he lacks right now is a dream that can only be reached by finding One Piece

You know, with the quake fruit, Blackbeard is a whole lot more powerful now, but.... doesn't he still have the same weakness? Powerful physical attacks can still take him down.

Like others here, I think that Oda is just amping up Blackbeard to confirm that he's the final villain but having Luffy grow strong enough to defeat him is still very believable.

Maybe being a D allows him more than one fruit? Shrug, that's what I thought that body composition from Marco meant.

I've been basically approaching the whole twist here with the mindset of "it'll be interesting to see how strong all the strawhats will get to counter this new threat."

Obviously Luffy will find a way to overpower both the darkness and quake fruits against Blackbeard.

I'd also expect to see Zoro fight Shiryuu, Sanji fight Burgess, Usopp fight Auger, Nami fight Devon, etc...

For that to happen, this series will have to be far from nearing the conclusion.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Some people believe he has eaten a Cerberus Zoan fruit that allows him to hold 3 abilities.

Thats a great find Carnage. Would explain the 3-skull symbol as well. I love Oda's planning.

But I do wonder how Luffy and Zoro knew he wasn't a he but a they...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnage

Some people believe he has eaten a Cerberus Zoan fruit that allows him to hold 3 abilities.
    Lol, Oda foreshadowed this 351 chapters ago...

I don't know about a cerberus fruit but there's something there and it has nothing to do with being a man of D. The obvious would be multiple personalities but i'm not naive enough to expect the obvious from Oda

Still the theory certainly has merit, especially since this new mythical Zoan type fruit was disclosed and the triskulled flag

Well one thing's for sure, Blackbeard pretty explicitly stated that the one fruit he's been seeking for all this time was the darkness fruit. So, unless he ate a chimera fruit beforehand...

Even so, the chimera fruit would surely have been documented in Vegapunk's data, so someone would be able to figure it out.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Blog Entries
    Now that you mention it, anyone ever wondered how BB made those 3 cuts in Shank's face? It would be weird to get 3 different hits to line up in a scar like that right?

For him to get 1 on the mighty Shanks so long ago ( remember he already had those when he met up with Luffy ) I'm pretty sure it was a surprise attack