Thread: One Piece Episode 440

One Piece Episode 440

Last edited by DarthEnderX; Tue, 03-09-2010 at 12:17 PM.

Finally, now they can get on to the real shit!

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Somehow I wasn't surprised Luffy healed himself in a record time. He's that sort of a guy.

These eps have been really slow, though. If the intention is to let the manga gain a bit of a lead, I wouldn't mind watching the other Straw hats for a while. But maybe that's impossible.

So far the only filler in these past few eps have been the misadventures of Buggy and Mr. 3. Everything else is canon.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I always kind of wondered if food seemingly magically reenergizing Luffy was just the typical Shounen cliche, or if there was actually something to it.

This episode makes it seem like he uses his rubber powers to redirect the food through his body.

Which goes a long way to explain why a guy made of rubber seems so physically dense. He's got a dozen elephants work of meat compressed together inside his body.

It means Enies Lobby Meat Pockets = Senzu bean.

But yeah, Luffy being cured in record time was obvious. No way he was gonna sleep through the execution.

I think the stuff about food was just for Luffy-comedy effect. And it does seem like the episodes are sort of moving slow, but honestly I think its necessary. Because from here on, I don't think there will be any more chances for filler episodes.

That's what I thought it was previously. Because it was always presented in a sort of comedic way, so I couldn't tell if it was a joke, or if he was really drawing replenishment from the food.

But this time, it seemed very explicit. From the way his body was all shriveled and discolored before, and then as he pumped the food into his limbs they recovered.

It especially seems to be the case that he needs food to recover after using 2nd Gear.

Well, similar stuff like that happened when Luffy was fighting Crocodile. Like Crocodile dried out his arm into a mummy, and water fixed that right up. So I don't really think its any special ability or something like that, its more Oda's style of making anime than anything else IMO.

yibis - without the Tsunami Map

Last edited by Marik; Mon, 03-08-2010 at 11:55 PM.