Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One Piece Chapter 573

Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj
    Hmm correct me if i am wrong, but can't logia users heal themselves by turning into their element completely?
    Well, if it was that easy, then Luffy would not have been able to beat Crocodile or Enel.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

They can avoid damage that way, but they can't really heal themselves like that. I don't think it works that way, though I might be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    Well, if it was that easy, then Luffy would not have been able to beat Crocodile or Enel.

Hmm, maybe; but it seems like if their weakness is exploited, and they are still conscious, then they could in theory revert to their element and restore their body. For instance, if immediately after the attack, Ace is able to turn himself into pure flames; maybe when he re-forms he will have a torso again.

Crocodile would have an arm and no scar if that was the case

you can avoid taking damage if you turn into your element before you take it, if someone stabs you in the heart while you are in sestone handcuffs / you are in physical form for this or that reason (asleep, want to be in pysical form) you are just as dead as any mortal even if they take them of after the fact

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial

you can avoid taking damage if you turn into your element before you take it, if someone stabs you in the heart while you are in sestone handcuffs / you are in physical form for this or that reason (asleep, want to be in pysical form) you are just as dead as any mortal even if they take them of after the fact
    I beleive you can`t get hit simply by being asleep or not knowing you`re getting hit and that you turn into your element automatically, remember back in Arabasta Luffy hit Crocodile when he wasn`t looking twice i beleive and he turned into his element even though he clearly wasn`t expecting it.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Well, he didn't always have a devil fruit. Its the same with Luffy. He got the scar before he ate the gum gum fruit And where was Marco shot at? It had to be a pretty serious shot; yet once he got the cuffs off of him, it appeared that he was fine.

No, its just because people like Crocodile have trained their Devil Fruit power so the invulnerability thing is pretty much just a reflex. I'm pretty sure this was stated at some point. Like take for example, Smoker and Ace. Both are Logia. In Alabasta, they were in some restruant, arguing or something, and then Luffy randomly bursted into the room, knocking both of them through several walls/houses. They had to be physical form/tangible when that happened, otherwise Luffy would have just ran through them. So that would have had to happen because they were taken by surprise, and didn't think to turn into their element to avoid the crash.

When people talk about how logia devil fruits work, the scene in Alabasta with Smoker and Ace seems to always get eventually cited. The counter-argument is that that particular scene should not be considered seriously because it's a comedy sequence.

Instead of citing various examples for how the mechanics work, I think the bottom line is that Oda can do whatever he wants with his story and characters, but he chooses to be consistent most of the time. I mean come on, imagine if someone sent in an SBS question to Oda and asked about how Crocodile got his scar if he's a logia user. He'd probably respond in a funny way while sidestepping the question.

Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj
    Well, he didn't always have a devil fruit. Its the same with Luffy. He got the scar before he ate the gum gum fruit And where was Marco shot at? It had to be a pretty serious shot; yet once he got the cuffs off of him, it appeared that he was fine.

Well Marco is a different thing altogether, its just as someone has the "heal heal" fruit, sure he could use it to heal after, but most logias can't heal afaik (same with Enel and jump starting his heart, anyone with paddles could do that, but no every logia would be able to jump start their heart and his last thought was probably "i want to live, i want to live, must live", so his unconscious mind was choosing to jump start it)

And Luffy is not logia, he can still get a scar / get his head cut of no problem

not 100% sure for being asleep, but i think you have to make a conscious choice to be in "element" form (and make the particles of that element resemble your "normal" body) so it doesn't matter if you get hit from behind and don't know your getting hit ... you would chose to be in your "element" form in any battle

if you chose to be in your physical form you can still get hurt / scared and it will stay, and that is what Ace chose so he could stop the magma punch

maybe i am just over thinking it tho

not 100% sure for being asleep, but i think you have to make a conscious choice to be in "element" form (and make the particles of that element resemble your "normal" body) so it doesn't matter if you get hit from behind and don't know your getting hit ... you would chose to be in your "element" form in any battle

if you chose to be in your physical form you can still get hurt / scared and it will stay, and that is what Ace chose so he could stop the magma punch

maybe i am just over thinking it tho
    Then there would be no point in being in "normal" mode when you can be in "element form that looks normal" 24/7, notice crocodile was not expecting to fight when he got hit at ALL, he was having dinner or w/e.

As for Ace, he got a hole through his chest cause magma is apparentelly his weakness just like water to sand.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

I don't really get how Fire is weak to Magma. I mean, it seems more like a plot device weakness, but whatever. Other things like "Rubber>Lightning" and "Water making sand stick together" actually making sense, but come on...

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/573-45/14

Magma burns flames up so it seems. Yeah, i guess it is more of a plot device, but there`s your reason for Ace to get hit by Akainu.

I know that's the stated reason, I just don't think it actually makes sense. Fire can't get burnt by magma since its just energy, hence plot device weakness.

Blog Entries
    Not really, it's a matter of temperature with Ace's red flame being nothing more than an incomplete combustion while most magmas are in the range 700°C to 1300°C

Basically the magma overtakes the fire which translates as damage in Logia terms

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    Not really, it's a matter of temperature with Ace's red flame being nothing more than an incomplete combustion while most magmas are in the range 700°C to 1300°C

Basically the magma overtakes the fire which translates as damage in Logia terms
    I think people have actually asked the science section on 4chan, and they said that lava traps oxygen or something.....I wasn't there for the actual explanation, but according to them it makes sense that lava beats fire. Who knew.