Thread: One Piece Episode 434

Magellan seems like an annoying opponent. I wonder if it's going to be a prolonged serious fight against him or simply a lucky break that allows Luffy to leave him behind quickly. Magellan has had so many goofy scenes with his underlings so far that it's getting a bit hard to take him too seriously anymore.

Magellan has his quirks but he is a warden and Luffy can't attack him or he will be poisoned. Will Luffy out run Magellan or will he be tagged?

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender

Hmm, run in with the head badguy already. Doubt it's going to result in a real battle what with there being like 2 floors to go and all the other badguys still being unfought.

Also Mr. 1 appearance!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    Hmm, run in with the head badguy already. Doubt it's going to result in a real battle what with there being like 2 floors to go and all the other badguys still being unfought.

Also Mr. 1 appearance!
    That's a pretty typical presumption to make for shounen anime. Keep in mind this is Oda we're talking about, though.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Magellen is obviously really strong. I mean, hes the guy in charge of jailing and keeping under control the world's worst criminals. Hopefully we will get a good fight out of this. Luffy is going to have to confront this guy at some point if he wants to rescue Ace.

I thought it was a nice touch that they mentioned Shanks and Kaidou in this episode as well. Its always interesting to see how their own side stories unfold. My guess is that Kaidou was afraid of the imbalance that would occur as a result of a war, and tried to prevent Whitebeard from approaching Marineford.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    That's a pretty typical presumption to make for shounen anime. Keep in mind this is Oda we're talking about, though.
    Oda is a really creative guy, but his stuff is still very much following in the typical Shounen tropes.