Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Omamori Himari

Blog Entries
    Episode 4 was pretty awesome, hopefully they'll balance the fights and the harem well

I watched Commie's ep 5 (a very bad mistake) and Ryuumaru's ep 6, and I have to say the series just keeps getting better, despite the harem keeping growing. In any case this Jinguuji girl (the one with the crescent on her forehead) is a nice addition with her rather aggressive and villainous attitude. It also helps she says there's an old agreement of her being Yuuto's bride already.

Fundamental differences:

Episode 7 - Ryuumaru

- - - - - - - -

Hard to say yet whether Jinguuji will even come to understand Yuuto detached attitude to the demons. She has been fighting the fiends all her life, it seems, based on the flashbacks, and also has been suffering under the derision of the older clans, so the coldness and hatred should be the basis of her basic personality. I hope they will come to some manner of an understanding before the end but I pray it won't be Jinguuji simply accepting Yuuto's stance as the correct one, abandoning her own. Unless she ends up dying. That would be just as good.
    Last edited by Kraco; Tue, 02-23-2010 at 11:34 AM.

Episode 8 - Ryuumaru

- - - - - -

I'm not entirely sure if I should be happy or not that this episode actually surprised me a little bit. It doesn't actually make me happy because it surprised me by choosing the most cliched route when I was expecting a more complicated, but on the other hand it reminded me of the fact this is a comedy and should be treated like one.

In any case Jinguuji certainly turned understanding fast when Yuuto finally regained some of his memories. The more interesting part was how much Yuuto actually wanted to be a demon slayer in the past. Quite an opposite of his current stance. Still, I liked him more when he was seriously listing to Jinguuji why they can't be together, before he regained those memories. He hasn't probably been that composed and serious ever before in the series.

This show is becoming more and more a traditional harem for sure, and of the more boring kind to boot, with a main character possessing no balls.

I'm guessing that it has something to do with her training to be a witch, but I really wonder why Kuesu's hair turned from black to white. I hope they get to it rather than blatantly leaving in unexplained.

The first half of the episode with Himari was cliche and boring, but I really liked the conversation between Yuuto and Kuesu. It's not that common that his character archtype tells a girl flat out that their two views are completely incompatible and he wants nothing to do with her. One usually expects some sort of plea for her to change her mind, but he goes right in for the attack. What happened after with her flying out the window and being saved by magical means is, but like Kraco said, it is a comedy.

Like it or not (I do), Kuesu and Yuuto fit together. She's still kind of evil, and I can't deny that I really like how she grabs him so matter of factly and forcefully kisses him, drawing great ire from Himari and the like.

She's still kind of evil:
    Episode 9 - Ryuumaru

- - - - - - - - -

Damn I hate pacifist main characters. Especially when a friend (and a girl, no less) is getting eaten alive but still the dude is unable to do more than stand and shout angrily. Well, it might be due to a limited animation budget and the fact the shounen anime textbook seems to say standing and talking are the most important parts of a fight. Yet knowing all that makes it no nicer to watch. I really hope Yuuto will grow a pair soon. It's torturing to watch his indecisiveness and excuses for avoiding his destiny.

This series would have an awesome ending if he became a considerate demon slayer only dispatching troublesome demons, married Kuesu, and kept Himari around as a bodyguard and friend (and of course for some threesome). It's not like he could produce offspring with a cat demon so Himari couldn't really be more than that if he intends to have a family of his own and pass on his genes.

Episodes 10-12 (END)

[Ryuumaru] Omamori Himari - Ep 10 | Ep 11 | Ep 12

---------

So, they spent the past few episodes building up Tama as this badass Ayakashi eating fox, only to have her taken out within the first 8 minutes, pfft. Very disappointing.

Himari's full demonic form was pretty crazy looking. I laughed when Liz passed out after seeing it.

I was glad to see Kaburagi finally get what was coming to him. It's just too bad that Shutendouji didn't kill him instead.

Magical Change! I liked Himari's Light ferry clothing and prefer them over what she normally wears.

Shutendouji didn't even last half as long as Tama did. Himari turned out to be more of an antagonist than these two, which is quite sad.

Yuto seems to have added another member to his harem at the end. Too bad they'll all go to waste, since he won't do anything with them.
    Last edited by Marik; Sat, 03-27-2010 at 10:07 PM.

I'm glad the series is finally over. Medicore ending as expected for a harem anime. Although I liked Himari's outfit at the final battle.

Thanks shinta|hikari for the sig.

This was seriously written by a mediocre 12 years old author. I can't imagine any other reason that would explain these miserable last episodes. Especially this very last was so bad I found myself laughing at the sheer stupidity. The only good scene was Shutendouji telling Rinko he doesn't even need to understand her shitty maiden reasoning. What the fuck had that lecture even got to do with anything?

I would have archived this series if Himari had indeed massacred most of the characters but with a completely useless ending like this, I deleted the folder as soon as I had finished this worthless waste of HD space show.

Yuuto himself will score highly on my most annoying main characters list. His loser points are increased greatly by immediately forgetting the power he finally acquired after such a long and difficult road. It takes an exceptional idiot to succeed at something like that.

What more can I say, Kraco summed up my feelings pretty well. I'm glad this is over. I really hope they don't pull a season 2. For one thing the Kitsune girl is pretty solidly established as an emotionless cannibalistic psycho, and adding her to an already full harem of Ayakashi without her eating them at first opportunity would top off what was already a pretty heinous case of villain decay.