Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 141

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal_kashi
    By the way, doesn't Kakashi have mangekyo sharringan now?
    He does, but it takes him longer to aim than does a noob playing her first FPS. Maybe it was just the anime dragging things out to match the Sasori fight.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Blog Entries
    That was like 100 episodes ago, i bet he could snipe the wings off a butterfly by now

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    That was like 100 episodes ago, i bet he could snipe the wings off a butterfly by now
    If he's close enough to see it.

He's nowhere near as bad as Itachi, but his loss was noticeable nonetheless.

Blog Entries

When has he displayed signs of weak sight?

When has he displayed signs of weak sight?
    He hasn't displayed signs of "weak" sight, but the fact that he admits he knows the diminishing sight as a side effect means he is already suffering from a "noticeable loss of sight".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    He hasn't displayed signs of "weak" sight, but the fact that he admits he knows the diminishing sight as a side effect means he is already suffering from a "noticeable loss of sight".
    Not really, it might very well just mean he also found that Uchiha shrine Itachi told Sasuke about.

I'm sure his MS didn't just pop out of nowhere, there had to be something to activate and since battle is out of the question study is probably it

Not really, it might very well just mean he also found that Uchiha shrine Itachi told Sasuke about.

I'm sure his MS didn't just pop out of nowhere, there had to be something to activate and since battle is out of the question study is probably it
    He most likely studied to get it, but I still stand by that everything he said about the loss of vision implied first-hand information.

It's my understanding that the Mangekyou takes a bit of your sight every time you use it.

If that's the case, I'm guessing Kakashi hasn't used it since his battle with Diedara.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    It's my understanding that the Mangekyou takes a bit of your sight every time you use it.

If that's the case, I'm guessing Kakashi hasn't used it since his battle with Diedara.
    Actually, according to Itachi your eyes "begin a slow descent into the darkness" the moment you achieve them so by that i'd take it that using them or not you'll get blind eventually

That said i'm sure that the more you use it the faster it happens

I think I just kind of assumed using Mangekyou was bad because of it making your eyes bleed and all, but then I remembered that pretty much only Amaterasu actually does that.

Amaterasu results in eye-bleeding, but that could be because you actually open your eyes for ages. Tsukiyomi only needs to be activated for a second for someone to be dragged into days of torment.

Uh, since when does holding your eye open cause it to bleed?

Which is not even the case anyway because Amaterasu causes their eye to start bleeding before they even open it.

Uh, since when does holding your eye open cause it to bleed?

Which is not even the case anyway because Amaterasu causes their eye to start bleeding before they even open it.
    That only started happening in the last Sasuke vs Itachi arc (same with immediate backlash from using Tsukiyomi), from what we saw. It could well be because Amaterasu has already caused so much stress and damage to the eye that preparing to use it already makes it start bleeding.

Why is Sasuke getting it then? I have no idea, since transferring Amaterasu between people seems pretty BS in the first place.

For clarification, it's not actually holding it open, but holding an activated Mangekyo Sharingan open and actively using its powers.

I also can't recall his eyes bleeding during the Jiraiya Itachi/Kisame fight.
    Could it be that his eyes only started bleeding due to the combination of his illness (still want to know what illness it is) and the detoriation of his eye-sight.

I'm not sure that the mangekyou has to be longer activated with Amaterasu or another mangekyou jutsu. He only has to look at the victim and the flames appear. It's not that he has to keep following his victim with his eyes.
    Hakke Rokujūyon Shō!

Quote Originally Posted by ASSpirine
    I also can't recall his eyes bleeding during the Jiraiya Itachi/Kisame fight.
    Could it be that his eyes only started bleeding due to the combination of his illness (still want to know what illness it is) and the detoriation of his eye-sight.
    I think the logical explanation here is "Kishi thought it would look badass and hadn't thought it up yet at that point".

I mean, it DOES look badass, and you know that move is serious when it makes your eye bleed every time you use it. Much like Mangekyou not looking any different from a regular Sharingan the first time it was shown, I don't think Kishi put full thought into how he wanted it to look when he introduced it offscreen during the their escape from Jirayia.

Blog Entries
    Badass? It's like Kishi is trolling us for calling him a emo all the time by doing this! Next in line is the "I cut myself no jutsu"

I think the logical explanation here is "Kishi thought it would look badass and hadn't thought it up yet at that point".

This, and now its overplayed with sasuke getting it the first time we see him doing it. Game is over son!