Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 140

Blog Entries
    Lol they sure cut corners with the animation on this one but surprisingly enough i loved how it turned out

Possibly because this way they managed to keep the animation fluid and the faithfulness to the manga 100%

It was like a thought, I never bought that, "I want yor eyes just" - talk. Itachi LOVED his brother, damn it feels nice to have "somewha" predicted this! This ep was indeed a feast of knowledge and I want more!!!!!!

P.s Itachi ruled, he would have OWNED / PWNED Sasuke!

Jounin
    So... Konoha is really screwed up.

So that explains why Itachi eased his entire clan. He was a Konoha Patriot. :P

Druid
    The story told by Madara doesn't make much sense, it wouldn't explain why he helped Itachi erasing their clan, as Sasuke figured out while fighting with Itachi, and Itachi confirmed it. If Madara only worry was his clan then killing them all is not very coherent...

Agreed. But the questions is, how can anyone be a konoha patriot like itachi. Take me for example, would I terminate the whole Chinese race if America asked me to?

Well, it's pretty obvious Madara is only halfway done talking at this point, he's barely even started talking about Itachi's role yet. He mostly spent this episode giving backstory on himself.

I was gonna say, let's speculate; but I guess that's not a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Druid
    The story told by Madara doesn't make much sense, it wouldn't explain why he helped Itachi erasing their clan, as Sasuke figured out while fighting with Itachi, and Itachi confirmed it. If Madara only worry was his clan then killing them all is not very coherent...
    He did say that they betrayed him and turned their backs on him when he only wanted to help and make the Uchiha name mean something than Senju dogs.

assertnfailure (7:40:03 PM): dude....your posts are a bunch of nonsense

Yeah, Madara doesn't really care for his clan. He apparently did everything, his brother even died, to try to keep the clan from being taken advantage of, and in the end they abandoned him and made him seem like the bad guy.

Quote Originally Posted by lilphatboi88
    Agreed. But the questions is, how can anyone be a konoha patriot like itachi. Take me for example, would I terminate the whole Chinese race if America asked me to?
    Well, not exactly. It'd be more like you're a Secret Agent for the US and happen to be Chinese. You find out that your entire family and the local Chinese community feels like the Americans are oppressing them and are planning to mow up the lite mouse (really don't want to use the actual phrase) and take control. The catch is that if word of this plan got out, it would cause mass hysteria and riots and cause America to go into civil war. That's a little close to the imaginary ninja world.

I think you guys are overdoing the metaphore by making it about race.

It's more like if you were an agent for the government, and the government said your family was all traitors, and ordered you to kill your family.

I wouldn't kill my family if that were the case.

The government has other agents. At least you can gurantee the safety of one of them....
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

It could be Itachi was losing his sanity anyway. He was a spy among his own oppressed kind for a number of years and most likely thought he was actually doing them a service (that's probably what Konoha made him believe anyway). It could be someone tipped off the Uchiha clan (most of whom might have belonged to a dissatisfied faction), revealing to them Itachi was a Konoha spy. That could have been the breaking point for Itachi. A point of no return when he no longer belonged anywhere.

I still wouldn't kill my family just to protect my brother. There's always another solution.

I guess what he found out from being a spy was just to convincing. Also, I still don't buy that he killed his whole clan, we never see him do that. At the end, it's him that uses the sharingan to implant those images into Sasuke's head.

And...it's hard to believe their mother was in on the rebellion. I find it strange that she says to Sasuke: "Your father talks only about you."

Yes, you and most people I should think.

But there ARE people in the world who would.

And...it's hard to believe their mother was in on the rebellion. I find it strange that she says to Sasuke: "Your father talks only about you."
    I'd have to watch it again to be sure but wasn't that part Sasuke overhearing her talking to Itachi?

Also, I don't buy the whole Itachi was nuts thing, perhaps enough of a ninja to put aside his personal feelings for the mission but not crazy. I'm sure we will figure out plenty this next episode.

Not sure, maybe at some point, they made a mistake and changed those up. More recently though, I think it was: Sasuke feels inadequate, father shows disappointment. But secretly, his mother tells him that his father is really proud of him.

Why is everyone discarding the possibility that Madara is just a lying SOB trying to further his own ends by telling Sasuke this? Why would you believe anything he said? Having released the Kyuubi on Konoha at least once just to get revenge, setting up an organisation dedicated to achieving world dominance and then joining that organisation with a wacko alter ego, he's not exactly a trustworthy character, now is he?

true. I guess we discarded that possibility because of manga readers.

true. I guess we discarded that possibility because of manga readers.
    Eh, I don't know about that. I think he's telling the truth, and I'm not a manga reader. On the other hand, I think its likely a selective truth that leaves out far more then it covers - you can often trick someone more effectively with a partial truth then with a full lie. For example - what if Konoha's suspicions of the Uchia were justified because of Madara had continues to try and influence their loyalty away from the village and was finally succeding? (don't know that I think that happened, just tossing it out as a for instance). Then telling Sauske that the village turned on them is true... and also the correct decision, rather then the evil act he is making it out to be.