Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One Piece Chapter 568

Another possibility is having someone join with a bounty of 299,999,950
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnage
    I know that, hence why I said "Not that I doubt". My point was, it will be strange for him to have a bounty so much higher than so many pirates on and above his level. He will have to become stronger if he wants to compete with other 500-600 million bounties that could be as powerful as their bounties portray.
    Not any stranger than Chopper having a 50 belli bounty when he has single handedly beaten a CP9 member

And it's by fighting stronger enemies than himself that Luffy has evolved so far so i don't see what your problem is

what he probably meant is that if Luffy dosent develop any stronger attacks or if he dosent master anything more powerful that can match the admirals then his bounty probably wont go up no matter what he does. He has shown that he can spit out some really heavy haki shit but can he use it at will? no which is why his bounty will probs stay at 300 for a while.
    O_O is there something that I should say ?????

Uhhh actually that couldn't be farther than the truth. Its a well accepted fact that Bounties don't correspond to how strong someone is. Robin had a Bounty of like $80,000,000 when she was just a kid, and she certainly wasn't strong at all. Luffy's bounty will definitely go up after all the stuff he has pulled, its just a question of how much.

Plus, Luffy doesn't really have to defeat any Admiral. He just has to escape after causing a ruckus/accomplish primary goal (saving Ace). That's what he did at Ennies Lobby as well, and the marines regarded that as their own defeat.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Julianlivre
    what he probably meant is that if Luffy dosent develop any stronger attacks or if he dosent master anything more powerful that can match the admirals then his bounty probably wont go up no matter what he does. He has shown that he can spit out some really heavy haki shit but can he use it at will? no which is why his bounty will probs stay at 300 for a while.
    ...have you even read my previous post at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Sentenal
    Uhhh actually that couldn't be farther than the truth. Its a well accepted fact that Bounties don't correspond to how strong someone is. Robin had a Bounty of like $80,000,000 when she was just a kid, and she certainly wasn't strong at all. Luffy's bounty will definitely go up after all the stuff he has pulled, its just a question of how much.

Plus, Luffy doesn't really have to defeat any Admiral. He just has to escape after causing a ruckus/accomplish primary goal (saving Ace). That's what he did at Ennies Lobby as well, and the marines regarded that as their own defeat.

On the other hand though, we know that the WG likes to control media and perceptions. It could be quite possible that they won't admit that Luffy's responsible for all that stuff (although it seems it might be hard to hide). It would be quite interesting if they can somehow "hide" Luffy away...although with all the shit he has been causing, and the fact that Sengoku knows that he is Dragon's son, and knowing how he thinks, the only thing he could possibly want for Luffy is death.
    Last edited by rockmanj; Tue, 12-22-2009 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj
    On the other hand though, we know that the WG likes to control media and perceptions. It could be quite possible that they won't admit that Luffy's responsible for all that stuff (although it seems it might be hard to hide). It would be quite interesting if they can somehow "hide" Luffy away...although with all the shit he has been causing, and the fact that Sengoku knows that he is Dragon's son, and knowing how he thinks, the only thing we could possibly want for Luffy is death.
    They hid the fact that Luffy defeated Crocodile too, and still gave him a $100,000,000 bounty

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj
    On the other hand though, we know that the WG likes to control media and perceptions. It could be quite possible that they won't admit that Luffy's responsible for all that stuff (although it seems it might be hard to hide). It would be quite interesting if they can somehow "hide" Luffy away...although with all the shit he has been causing, and the fact that Sengoku knows that he is Dragon's son, and knowing how he thinks, the only thing we could possibly want for Luffy is death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentenal
    They hid the fact that Luffy defeated Crocodile too, and still gave him a $100,000,000 bounty
    Exactly.

It's not like anyone will complain about Luffy's bounty rising, they may very well sweep the Impel Down incident under the rug and still add a couple of millions to it so shit like this doesn't happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    And it's by fighting stronger enemies than himself that Luffy has evolved so far so i don't see what your problem is
    My point is not as much that it is strange as is the fact that Luffy will be competing against other 500-600 million bounties when he isn't there power wise (he's still only about as strong as when he first got his $300 million bounty). With crocodile, Luffy had been gradually fighting enemies with rising bounties not too far above his $30 million bounty, such as Mr. 3, the guy who eats everything, and 2 fights with Crocodile before his third. But at this rate he'll be jumping into a sea of bounties that may start at double his initial ($300 million). It'll be tough for him to beat someone 300 million berries higher than he is now and instantly have an upgrade, it'll have to be a pretty large leap. Not that I put it past Oda to pull this off somehow.

Well, you also have to take into account matchups, allies, etc. I mean Luffy beat Enel, who (Oda says) would have a 500,000,000 berrie bounty. However, it just so happened that he was the antithesis to Enel's abilities. It wouldn't mean that he could beat just anyone with a 500,000,000 or higher bounty. Heck; its possible (but not likely) some chump who had a power or ability that negated Luffy's could emerge and take him out. I hate to reiterate points, but to me bounties aren't so much a power level thing, but how much someone is a threat to the government's way of doing things.

Luffy deserves a bounty much higher than Kid's
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07