Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One Piece Episode 430

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    We were discussing who was more deserving of hatred and then you started rambling on Luffy's own childish sense sense of right and wrong.
    No. We were discussing which one Luffy would be less likely to forgive.

Case in the bully point, even if Crocodile killed more people than Arlong, Luffy still has more reason to personally hate Arlong.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    No. We were discussing which one Luffy would be less likely to forgive.

Case in the bully point, even if Crocodile killed more people than Arlong, Luffy still has more reason to personally hate Arlong.
    You say tomato... if one is more deserving of hatred than the other that would qualify him as less forgivable

Because he hurt Nami? Vivi was also hurt, and in his mind they're both equal nakama

Personally I doubt Luffy would forgive any enemy masterminds who had no qualms hurting those they should have been protecting. At least that seems to be Luffy's main interest in his own role as a captain: He places his friends (crew members) above everything else. Even finding One Piece.

Thus, I doubt he would forgive either Crocodile or Arlong. Releasing Crocodile now would be a very risky tactical choice anyway, even for a smarter man than Luffy, because Crocodile would go out of his way to make sure Luffy wouldn't end up escaping the prison.

By that same logic Luffy shouldn't forgive Buggy or Mr. 3, either.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Hmm... I can't say I'd remember the early Buggy arcs that well and while it's true he would rather save his own skin than help his crew, I don't recall him especially sacrificing them. But then again, I don't remember those arcs that well, so maybe he did (did Luffy witness it, though?).

Mr. 3, however, didn't do much outside of Little Garden, so I don't really know how he even could have betrayed his own underlings.

Anyway, it was just my theory. I'm not saying Luffy really is behaving like that. But if he did, it'd make sense.

Arlong never hurt any of his Fishmen minions, only Nami, who he considered a "sub-human" (lol you get the idea) slave. Luffy would hate Arlong much more than Crocodile, simply because the suffering Arlong inflicted on Nami was greater than what Crododile did to Vivi. Thats not to say he would forgive Crocodile, but its obvious he would hate Arlong more.

Speaking of Arlong, Jinbei and Arlong used to be in the same crew, before it split, and Arlong was said to be Jinbei's equal or something. If Luffy does get down there to where Crocodile/Ace/Jinbei are, seeing what goes down between those two will be interesting too.

I honestly don't think Luffy's reaction to Crocodile is going to be any different that it was to Buggy or Mr. 3.

Once he beats someone up, Luffy really doesn't seem to give a crap about that person anymore.

Teaming up with Crocodile is what would be the best fiscal decision for him. Luffy moves on quickly and this is no different than Buggy and Mr. 3. The issue at hand here is rescuing Ace! That is what Luffy is trying to achieve, so "forgiving" Crocodile or whoever at this point doesn't even matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentenal
    Arlong never hurt any of his Fishmen minions, only Nami, who he considered a "sub-human" (lol you get the idea) slave.
    Nami was still technically a part of Arlong's crew. Nobody sane would say Hitler didn't hurt the jews (only the Iranian president does, but he's not sane), and those jews were his subjects just like every other citizen of the Third Reich. But he considered them sub-human. Justifies zilch.

But still, FireEmblem could be right. I just don't think freeing Crocodile would be wise because while the man could cause some distraction breaking free, it's still guaranteed he would do nothing at all to actually help Luffy or Ace, yet the contrary would be assured if he saw a chance. That should be true for Mr. 3 as well, actually, but in the end it wasn't Luffy personally who turned him in. So, Mr. 3 should just blame himself.

Blog Entries
    Lol omfg... Oda had those 4 on Impel Down 100 chapters before they came into the plotline...?

I know if i just keep calling the man a genius it will start to lose impact as i say it but i just can't help myself

Well, Oda was using the cover pages to show Hachi turning from pirate to Takoyaki salesman around chapter 200. There's one for Wapol and Buggy too and i'm not sure if they made fillers out of those yet.

I would recommend that anime only fan go back and skip through the cover pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    Lol omfg... Oda had those 4 on Impel Down 100 chapters before they came into the plotline...?

I know if i just keep calling the man a genius it will start to lose impact as i say it but i just can't help myself
    Hah, that's nothing.

Camie and that starfish were first introduced in Hachi's mini-story 200 chapters before Luffy meets her.

That's like.... 4 years worth of manga.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Nami was still technically a part of Arlong's crew. Nobody sane would say Hitler didn't hurt the jews (only the Iranian president does, but he's not sane), and those jews were his subjects just like every other citizen of the Third Reich. But he considered them sub-human. Justifies zilch.

But still, FireEmblem could be right. I just don't think freeing Crocodile would be wise because while the man could cause some distraction breaking free, it's still guaranteed he would do nothing at all to actually help Luffy or Ace, yet the contrary would be assured if he saw a chance. That should be true for Mr. 3 as well, actually, but in the end it wasn't Luffy personally who turned him in. So, Mr. 3 should just blame himself.
    Slaves aren't considered citizens, so I think thats alot different. Slavery strips citizenship, if anything. Anyway, off topic stuff, and doesn't matter. I'm looking forward to more Crocodile, since hes my favorite villain in One Piece.

I love how Crocodile is smiling in his picture for Impel Down, hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentenal
    Slaves aren't considered citizens, so I think thats alot different. Slavery strips citizenship, if anything.
    I think you forget I'm talking about Luffy's reasons. His perspective. Arlong himself hardly considered Nami an equal crew member compared to his fishman buddies but from an outside observer's pov Nami was a thief and a cartographer working for him. She even had that tattoo.

Honestly we could probably predict the ending of this series just by analyzing all the chapter-covers to date.