Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 138

Naruto Shippuuden Episode 138

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I wonder what the catch is with summoning Susano'o. The anime didn't show the Mangekyo Sharingan in Itachi's eyes, but that could easily be explained that he's totally blind by that stage. Seriously, against that technique Bijuu are nothing. Nine-tails? Sealed & gone.

Itachi certainly won that battle in my books, regardless of who lived. When Sasuke's cowering in fear like he did that night, you knew who was stronger.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I'm curious what was wrong with Itachi that made him apparently weaker than he should have been.

He still managed to win even if it cost him his life though.. perhaps that could have been avoided if he had his strength at 100%

And poor mini snake Oro trying to slither away but getting caught in the Amaterasu flames :P

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

HorribleSubs

720p

Taka Release

[Taka]​ Naruto​ Shippuuden​ 138​ - 720p | 480p

I was wondering if that flick on the forehead was always a practice to get Sasuke's eyes
    Nice episode again, and what the hell is going on with Oro...

I'm wondering if we'll ever see him again now, because he didn't really have a death worthy of his character

Zetsu was cool, I especially like the white gentle side of him, "Just as you'd expect from him, he's puking stuff out of his mouth and just being plain creepy".
    Whehe, that was great when he said that

And what's with the Amaterasu appearing at the end...
    Hakke Rokujūyon Shō!

And this week the Sharingan gives Itachi literal armor, not just plot armor.

I just don't get it. Is there a reason why that had to be tied to the sharingan at all? It could have just been a justu he learned to summon a fire demon with a magic sword and shield he obtained. But no, it's another Sharingan power.

Didn't expect to see Oro pop in, not that he did much. Is it just Orochimaru that's gone, or has Itachi destroyed the cursed seal as well? If so, Sasuke's going to come out of this fight weaker than he went in. I guess that's one way for Naruto to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by ASSpirine
    Nice episode again, and what the hell is going on with Oro...

I'm wondering if we'll ever see him again now, because he didn't really have a death worthy of his character
    After what they showed us this episode, I'm pretty confident that Oro is going to come back yet again inside Kabuto.

Blog Entries
    Is it me or did this episode feel incredibly rushed? They stuffed 3 chapters in there for some reason, probably because the animation for this fight was creating a massive hole on their budget and they just wanted to get it over with.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    Didn't expect to see Oro pop in, not that he did much. Is it just Orochimaru that's gone, or has Itachi destroyed the cursed seal as well? If so, Sasuke's going to come out of this fight weaker than he went in. I guess that's one way for Naruto to catch up.

It's just Orochimaru. The curse seal is an enzyme obtained from Juugo.

I think this episode somewhat showed that I was not to wrong... Itachi spoke to Sasuke, what was said must be revealed later, but I don't think Itachi even intended to win this fight. The gentle flick on the forehead was the sign to Sasuke to show that it was Itachi his brother who made this decision to die / or lose or whatever... That he loved his little brother....

Quote Originally Posted by isso
    I think this episode somewhat showed that I was not to wrong... Itachi spoke to Sasuke, what was said must be revealed later, but I don't think Itachi even intended to win this fight. The gentle flick on the forehead was the sign to Sasuke to show that it was Itachi his brother who made this decision to die / or lose or whatever... That he loved his little brother....
    Or that at the last moment, he realised he did not have the energy to win.

Yeah. He was already extending his fingers but then his brain lost control of the movement and the fingers just struck Sasuke's forehead. I don't know what he was saying, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was something along the lines that this was his second favorite ending and that Sasuke should get close to Madara instead to defeat him in time. Maybe he even told Sasuke to take his eyes for the eternal sharingan. Itachi already knew he had lost at that point. I mean, anybody with eyes could see the man was nothing but a walking corpse anymore. I don't know why Sasuke seemed to be panicking. All he would have needed to do was to take a step back for every step Itachi took forward, for those steps were indeed numbered already for ol' Itachi.

I also don't know why anybody would say Itachi won the fight. The last man standing wins a fight, not the first man to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    Or that at the last moment, he realised he did not have the energy to win.
    Maybe, but I don't think so.. hmm.. This talk about getting the eyes felt like something he did cause he knew he was monitored by Zetsu.. What was said between the brothers at the end even Zetsu couldn't hear.

AND when thinking about it, when Oro appered and said "now is my chance to take your brothers body" Itachi became furious and used his sealing sword and freed Sasuke from Oro.. Aswell as I don't think those Amaterasu flames hit mini-oro-snake without Itachi being involved...

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    I also don't know why anybody would say Itachi won the fight. The last man standing wins a fight, not the first man to drop.
    Itachi was handicapped beyond beleif, maybe that`s why
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Imagine if you will, two guys were boxing, one went down and was out for the count but just before the Ref declared the winner the guy that beat him had a heart attack and died. Would you seriously say, nah the guy on the floor won! I mean, really?

I'm fairly surprised that I enjoyed this ending for Itachi, Sasuke shouldn't have been able to win and he didn't yet the outcome is as it had to be. I can't wait to know what Itachi told him, and if Sasuke will take Itachi's eyes or not.

Boxing is an estalished sport with specific rules. I'm sure there's a rule also for a case like that. However, this was a fight to the death. So, obviously the one alive is the winner, the one dead is the loser. It doesn't really matter how they ended up that way. Luck is also a major part of any fight and thus if Itachi had managed to get internal bleeding before the fight and was coughing up blood, it's more power to Sasuke.

I'm not saying this conclusion means Sasuke was more powerful, though. It was an asymmetric fight from the beginning because Sasuke had all the cards available to him, only wanting Itachi dead, whereas Itachi absolutely needed to spare Sasuke's eyes.

It definitely feels more to me like Itachi gave up at the end rather than simply couldn't finish.

If he'd just collapsed the way he did, then I'd buy it. But the fact that he said a bunch of things that the audience didn't hear totally makes me think he told Sasuke something important, then gave up.

So Susano-o sounded familiar so I decided to look it up. And found:

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    In Japanese mythology, Susano’o, the powerful storm of Summer, is the brother of Amaterasu, the goddess of the sun, and of Tsukuyomi, the god of the moon. All three were spawned from Izanagi, when he washed his face clean of the pollutants of Yomi, the underworld. Amaterasu was born when Izanagi washed out his left eye, Tsukuyomi was born from the washing of the right eye, and Susano’o from the washing of the nose.
    Heh, does Itachi have a third Sharingan in his nose?

I wonder if whatever cool power the Eternal Sharingan has is gonna be called Izanagi.

I figure itachi knew he was about to fall over dead anyway, and didn't think it was worth taking his brother eyes if he was going to have them go to waste seconds later. He wanted the power that came with it, but he didn't have any reason to harm sasuke other than that. So without any reason to take his brothers eyes he lost any reason he had to cause harm to sasuke.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    So Susano-o sounded familiar so I decided to look it up. And found:
    Thanks for the info, man. I guess I could have googled it myself but didn't think of doing it. With this information I'm going to completely forgive Itachi's sharingan having three such disconnected powers. In fact, it would have been strange if it hadn't had, considering how these three seemed to go together in mythology.

The eyes seem to be switched in the Narutoverse though? I wonder why.