Thread: Black Friday - Cyber Monday

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar

Black Friday - Cyber Monday

Anybody else compulsively buying stuff?

Amazon.com has been running some good deals on stuff... they're cycling new deals every so often on their site. I've placed 6-7 different orders since friday because the deals are only valid for a certain period of time before the revert to regular price if left in your cart.

I picked up assassins creed (original) for 9.98, and earlier I got resident evil 5 for $19.99. Picked up several gifts for family members too to try to get a head start on xmas shopping.

Yeah, I've been purchasing multiple games off of Amazon since last week. Amazon had this Black Friday Week thing going, so I was buying games every day.

My PS3 broke right after Assassin's Creed II came out, so I've been building up my 360 collection since I don't own a PS3 anymore. My current total is at 11 games purchased.

they currently have the Tekken6 / Fight Stick combo for $59.99 on amazon but it will probably be sold out pretty soon.

The only thing I got today was Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 for $29.95. I was going to get the Resident Evil 5 they had as a lightning deal for $19.98, but I passed on it since the gold version is coming out in February.

Quote Originally Posted by Marik
    Yeah, I've been purchasing multiple games off of Amazon since last week. Amazon had this Black Friday Week thing going, so I was buying games every day.

My PS3 broke right after Assassin's Creed II came out, so I've been building up my 360 collection since I don't own a PS3 anymore. My current total is at 11 games purchased.
    How'd your PS3 break?. Mine's about a year old already.

Though it's outlived my first 360 by 4 months already.

The GPU overheated. I was on the XMB one day and all of a sudden these green dots and lines were all over the screen. Everytime I tried to start it up after that, the system would freeze up instantly at the XMB.
    Last edited by Marik; Tue, 12-01-2009 at 09:06 PM.

http://www.direct2drive.com/holiday/?_cmpid=d2d551

I found this on another forum. Looks like they have a special game each day. Right now it's Mirrors Edge for $4.95. I think they're all PC. haven't really investigated.