Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mininova Fails...

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar

Mininova Fails...

Just have a look at their site, you'll understand they limited themselves to copyright free torrents... or ones directly given by the authors.

There are other sources of course, but another big one fails.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

More like "mininova falls". They got sued in Dutch courts or something like that. I thought they were small enough to escape notice, but it turns out they were one of the major sites.

Torrents really are getting out of hand and this is one way the entertainment industries can slow them.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

lol public trackers...

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

I was vaguely wondering why I can barely find anything on mininova.com anymore. Alas, there is torrentz!

...Demonoid is still dead isn't it?
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Blog Entries
    Yes they are, but they still say they're coming back

Torrentz is a dark and dangerous place... i'll stick with pirate ebay

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar

This is sad news indeed... Mininova was my goto site for things, and I don't have another since I rarely dl stuff anymore. I ran over there monday when nobody had posted this weeks FMA or Inuyasha links...

"Music"
    "Other Torrents"

f''ng weak.

Mininova was a small site?
    it was rather one of biggest torrent sites!
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Anyone try this site out?

http://www.torrentpond.com

It kind of links a bunch of torrent sites in one place.

Kickasstorrents is pretty good too.

If Nyaatorrents falls, then I'll be angry and worried. I hadn't visited Mininova for a while anyway so this isn't such a blow for me. Isohunt would be another very bad loss.

OMFG I used to get norton diskeeper cleaner and other window softwares for free!! Now I have to use isohunt, other than that if they start cracking on torrented sites......... than damn. I already see it "$5 for 2 torrents".
    No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you when he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. I am your enemy from now on. From now on, I am your teacher."
    -Mazer Rackham

I only need shit from a torrent .01 % of the time. I am sure if you looked/tried you could find what you're looking for on irc/ddl without having to go to torrents. But most people don't want to put in the effort.

"Chrono is our Religion. In the name of the Chrono, the Zeal, the Trigger and Cross, Amen."

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcness
    I only need shit from a torrent .01 % of the time. I am sure if you looked/tried you could find what you're looking for on irc/ddl without having to go to torrents. But most people don't want to put in the effort.
    There's the effort
    There's the speed, torrent is most of the time faster (except for old material?)
    I didn't find a good xdcc client that would manage my dl lists, because you most of the time
    only have one thread by channel? and it happens that series aren't batched...

but should they hammer the easy road, I'll be able to switch to the less easy ones.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcness
    I would agree for anime, but I have a harder time finding tv-rips and movies on irc.

I bought a life time membership with megaupload a long time ago so i usually just use that for downloading movies/tv-show.

Getting 600 kb with a public torrent tracker is a once in a blue moon kinda thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Dragon
    I bought a life time membership with megaupload
    How much does that cost?

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    200 bucks

What i do is pay 15$ for a 3 months account and share it with a friend, my friend then, pays 15$ for the next 3 months and so on, doesnt seems like megaupload penalize account sharing.
    Last edited by UChessmaster; Sun, 11-29-2009 at 10:40 PM.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

That's what i do too kinda. My friend and I split to buy this account a while back and we both share it with our family too. Never got any complaint from Megaupload.

Megaupload has always looked kinda shady to me, but I do admit that it seems really convenient when you can share an acct with someone..!
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire
    Megaupload has always looked kinda shady to me, but I do admit that it seems really convenient when you can share an acct with someone..!
    They do have an 18+ counterpart, but I'm guessing you meant shady in a different way. (like money scamming or something, or spyware).

The lifetime membership deal is alright for the money I guess. It would come in handy, but I don't use DDL enough to justify the purchase.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~