Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mininova Fails...

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Dragon
    I bought a life time membership with megaupload a long time ago so i usually just use that for downloading movies/tv-show.
    Where do you get your megaupload links?

Newsgroups have been a godsend for me. Split the cost with a friend of mine at $11 a month, and I can download just about anything at max speed without having to be worrying about seeds and shit.

Don't know about megaupload, but when you have a program like jdownloader, it makes it a lot easier to download from all these filesharing sites like rapidshare, megaupload, badongo, sendspace, zshare, depositfiles, etc. Don't know if it's worth it to pay for megaupload, since in all it's one of the more reliable of the bunch particularly without memberships.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage
    rlslog.net is a good place to look for these types of releases... the comments are littered with these links, though not always reliable (some post crap).

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu
    Newsgroups have been a godsend for me.
    Ditto. I pay 11 bucks a month for astraweb. It's where I get most of my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Marik
    Ditto. I pay 11 bucks a month for astraweb. It's where I get most of my stuff.
    Yeah, astraweb for me too. And I think their retention rate is over a year now, so all is good.

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    mininova is isohunt's "sister site" and they appear to be near death as well.

I used to use isohunt all the time but switched to mininova because of their updates and what not, I liked the recent torrents on the main page.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu
    Newsgroups have been a godsend for me. Split the cost with a friend of mine at $11 a month, and I can download just about anything at max speed without having to be worrying about seeds and shit..
    Yep, Newsgroup is amazing. I keep filling up my HD space because of it, i'm gonna need to get a few more terabyte before i use their services again.

Tehparadox.com

Jounin
    Where to get news about new releases (and torrent and ddl-links):

http://www.rlslog.net/
    http://www.scnsrc.net/
    http://scenereleases.info/
    http://www.zerosec.ws/
    http://www.btarena.org/

I'd never heard of the one Dark Dragon links to before but from all the once i have checked out rlslog.net is by far the best. They cover almost all releases and usually exactly when it hits the net. The other cover much too but misses alot rlslog.net has and many times they can take hours longer to update a new release. But i usually check them all out every now and then, but i check rlslog.net at least 2-3 times a day.

I get most of my shit from DC++, except for TV shows which i have a private tracker. But if i can't find what i need on DC++ i usually got it from Mininova.org (best public tracker IMO) or DDL (like megaupload or hotlink, using the free download with limited speed).

Sad to see the best public tracker go down. I always got the best speed there (compared to the other big public trackers), it was the fastest in term of finding what you where looking for, and shit usually hit the site faster then most public trackers.

rslog.net is cool (just to dl the rest of season 6, The Office) but jesus I went to btarena and on the advertisement theres a guy finger banging a dude in the ass while jacking off. What if I was on that site and my brother came in.... lol.
    No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you when he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. I am your enemy from now on. From now on, I am your teacher."
    -Mazer Rackham

Jounin
    lol well that i didn't know about, i have blocked so much in Adblock Plus that i rarely see any ads anywhere.

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    some of these torrent sites are littered w\ spyware and shit... I was trying to dl something a year or so ago in this lab @ school, and they had re-imaged all of the computers but hadn't put anti virus oranything on them... I totally fragged this computer by browsing random torrent sites.

I know demonoid is still down, but is anyone aware of any good place to get comics torrents? I still buy the comics, but I'm looking for a way to fill in story gaps until I can find those issues.

Demonoid is back, yay!
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    Tokyo Tosho is down

I'm surprised i didn't see a thread about it here <.<.

site says they're moving. irc says it's because of a DMCA from Funimation.

I know they weren't a tracker, and just an index. But they were super useful. And their not-a-tracker status kinda makes me wonder "why/how did funimation take them down?" O_o. they don't host anything, they just bring it all together in one place.. that'd be like going after btjunkie for something hosted on the pirate bay <.<. or going after me for pasting a link I copied from the fansubber's site O_o.

either way, they say they're moving and they should hopefully be back after Christmas :\

and yeah it's not that big of deal for seasonal weekly releases, cause you can just go to irc, of the fansubbers site for those. But TT was nice because of the unexpected things that'd pop up. like the Summer was, and Cencoroll torrents. I'd of had no idea those were out if I hadn't seen them on TT <.<.

user posted image

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    It doesn't look like they care whether it's actually hosting things or not. As long as it's useful to the fansubbing community and "poses a threat to commercial sales", they're asking for it to be taken down.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    I've seen that too, been refreshing the page every hour or so for many days in hope it comes back.

I honestly thought it was a technical problem, and not a cease and desist.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

here is somewhat of an alternative while TT is down.

http://www.jishaku.net/

user posted image

TT is back.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Toshokan
    The rumours prove true; it was Funimation DMCA requests that caused the downtime earlier this week. The DMCA requests were complied with but due to the number of them we were not welcome anymore at our old host.
    So DMCAs were isued for each ep/show/torrent and not for all of Tokyo Tosho.
    The host got fed up with the letters and cut the line it seems...

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Am I the only one who can't get on TT? It was working fine late last night.

it was working fine a few hours ago, but yeah i can't get on it either. :\

user posted image