Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 137

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar

Naruto Shippuuden Episode 137

READ: I highly recommend that you don't watch the preview. It's not the worst we've had... but it's a tension killer nonetheless. Skip to 22:05 if you want to see the Tsunade skit.

Naruto Shippuuden: Ep 137 SD | HD

-----------------------------------------------------

I'm very pleased with that this episode was filled with moves worthy of a top-class ninja battle. All the moves were discretely used and thought out, reflecting Zetsu's words that techniques really are just tools, and that its mastery, placement and timing is what counts.

That rigged shuriken was genius, but what was more shocking (personally) was that Itachi normally could somehow dodge that in thin air with no footholds.

Battles where chakra capacity is limited are so much better to watch. It puts emphasis on that every move counts, as well as avoiding mindless clone/rasengan spammage.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Thu, 11-26-2009 at 09:25 AM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

It seemed to me like Itachi lost his right eye after the black flames. The eye lost all sharingan characteristics despite the left eye still having them. Except for the colouring. This is really the end of the rope for him. He either gets Sasuke's eyes or that's it for him. Still, chakra or no chakra, Sasuke certainly looks much better off right now. At least he's not bleeding from his eyes and mouth like Itachi. I'm no doctor but such a bleeding is never a good sign.

One funny thing was how Sasuke's dragon shaped flame easily shattered the thick concrete of the dome but did nothing to Itachi's hand. Flesh is truly the strongest material in the Naruto universe.

Didn't know that each eye masters another aspect. Maybe I should rewatch the episode of Jiraiya vs Itachi/Kisame for the Amaterasu that was used back then.

Nice episode, really hope that Itachi doesn't die just yet. He's such a cool character, want to see more moves from him. Doesn't he know any other ninjutsu except the fireball? All his other moves are either Taijutsu and Genjutsu.
    Hakke Rokujūyon Shō!

Could be neither of them can risk anything half-assed at this point, so they were concentrating their little remaining strength on strong techniques, that is, Ichiha techniques, it seems.

Although the preview suggested we might still see something else. Who knows.

Spectacular episode!

And i took Bill's advice and skipped the ending preview, i don't want the tension killed ^_^

Thanks for the heads up!

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Such a badass episode.

Was cool I guess finding out each eye does a different thing.

I was surprised that Sasuke's wing was still missing from his fight with Diedara. I had really expected that to regenerate. Especially after he shed his skin, which is supposed to regenerate your body. When he did that, and started his transformation, I thought he'd come back with both wings and be at full strength again. Instead he just blew a bunch of (admittedly cool looking) fire.

Not much else to say. Can't wait for the rest.

I really did not expect the cursed seal sharingan. I wonder what else CSS can do besides kill all genjustsu. i hope they expand on the idea of focusing the cursed seal in different ways, Sasuke seems to have mastered it.

Sasuke is really using his cursed seal and Orochimaru style to fullest extent, which is brilliant to watch.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    I come with gifts.

Taka Naruto 720p
    Taka Naruto 480p

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCybercoin
    Yeah, HorribleSubs this time had a few errors.

I loled when the subs went :"Fire Style: Fire Jutsu" when it was obviously Fire Dragon (something - bullet?) Jutsu.

If Itachi would have wanted to win he already had won. But it seems like he wants a slow and agonizing death. perhaps he don't want to win against Sasuke... Hmm, who knows.. Absorbing Orichimaru made sasuke more powerful but yet, Orichimaru had no chance against Itachi.. Exciting!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by isso
    If Itachi would have wanted to win he already had won. But it seems like he wants a slow and agonizing death. perhaps he don't want to win against Sasuke... Hmm, who knows.. Absorbing Orichimaru made sasuke more powerful but yet, Orichimaru had no chance against Itachi.. Exciting!!!!
    Seems like Itachi's trying pretty hard to win no matter how you look at it. The only catch is that he has to keep Sasuke's eyes intact or all would be moot.

Orochimaru was a talented ninja with probably the biggest bag of tricks you'd ever find due to his hobby. He never had the sharingan though, nor did he seem to have any samples to test their ability with. He walked into a battle he had no chance of winning (by trying to take over Itachi's and Sasuke's body) and got defeated.

If Sasuke absorbing Orochimaru grants him all of Oro's knowledge/power/skills, him being stronger only makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by isso
    If Itachi would have wanted to win he already had won. But it seems like he wants a slow and agonizing death. perhaps he don't want to win against Sasuke...
    I think if he wanted to annihilate Sasuke, he could have, but like Buff said, he needs to keep Sasuke's eyes undamaged, so no disintigrations. That probably limits what attacks he can use on Sasuke.

Quote Originally Posted by frog hermit
    I really did not expect the cursed seal sharingan. I wonder what else CSS can do besides kill all genjustsu.
    Sasuke breaking free of the Tsukeyomi actually has nothing to do with the Cursed Seal since in the real world, he never transformed at all. It's all just in Itachi and Sasuke's head.

Zetsu explained it. Sasuke's normal Sharingan was able to break free of Itachi's Magekyou because he's just that skilled.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Fri, 11-27-2009 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    Sasuke breaking free of the Tsukeyomi actually has nothing to do with the Cursed Seal since in the real world, he never transformed at all. It's all just in Itachi and Sasuke's head.

Zetsu explained it. Sasuke's normal Sharingan was able to break free of Itachi's Magekyou because he's just that skilled.
    Initially, that was my line of thought as well.

But then I thought about the scene where Itachi-clone fought Naruto and caught him in a genjutsu. Naruto did what Jiraiya told him - clap your hands together and try to clear your mind of the chakra manipulation.

In real life, he wasn't clapping his hands or anything, he was just standing there. But regardless, Naruto performed the move with confidence, as if it is "he who is trapped in genjutsu" is what counts.

So in the end, I don't know. Sasuke transformed in the genjutsu when he broke out of Tsukiyomi, but he was completely his normal self (with activated sharingans) back in real life. Whether that transformation has deeper meaning than being figurative of Sasuke having a power surge, I don't know. Genjutsu always confused me.

I assume sasuke broke Tsukiyomi the same way he overcame oro's body transfer

By using his plot armor?

I don't remember it specifically being explained how he broke Orochimaru's control aside from "He's just that awesome" and "Sharingan is overpowered".

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMoogles
    By using his plot armor?

I don't remember it specifically being explained how he broke Orochimaru's control aside from "He's just that awesome" and "Sharingan is overpowered".

Plot armor! exactly what i thought when it was announced itachi wanted Sasuke eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMoogles
    He saw through Oro's technique and knew how to counter it, which is why it absorbed Oro instead.

That's not an explanation.

He saw through it and saw how to counter it, but it didn't tell US how he countered it.

It was just "I have the Sharingan so you fail."

Do you people actually want, or expect, a direct explanation of how the Sharingan works?!

The whole point of that eye is the consistent and unending layers of mystery that surround it.

When we first heard of it, with Kakashi and kid-sasuke, it allowed for the reading and copying of signs, and a deeper understanding of all forms of jutsu - right?

The user could "see" things others could not - subtle movements, specific hand motions, sneaky attack attempts, etc. That gave the Sharingan User a big advantage.

As the story progressed, and we learned more about Sharingan and that it has evolved, we've learned that there are different forms of this "eye". Mangekyou, Mangekyou 2.0. etc.

It isn't "Plot Armor" any more than Naruto's Kyuubi, Jiraiya's Sage Mode, Or even Pain's "6 paths".

How is a unique, mysterious ability a plot flaw? Sasuke's breaking of Tsukiyomi was shown with the "shattering" of the image. For all we know, that's what Itachi saw.

Sasuke's breaking of Oro's ability? That's why Sasuke is so fearsome right now. He obviously figured something out, about how the jutsu works, and managed to "unravel" it.

This isn't a plot flaw. This has been the power of the Sharingan all along. The ability to unravel and deconstruct jutsus in order to better understand them and counter them!!!

When you interview a sports star about a big goal, they dont say "oh, I used my muscles in my right arm to flex the stick at the right time. Then i turned on my heels with my left skate first, shot the puck at a 45 degree angle towards the net, and aimed for the small pocket of white! then i scored!" Who needs an explanation, the point is he was able to score, and he did. Sasuke was able to absorb oro and break tsukiyomi. We don't know why yet, but obviously there's something going on.

Newfags in this thread saying that sharingan is bad writing.

lucky....