Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episodes 135-136

Naruto Shippuuden Episodes 135-136

[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 135 - 720p | 480p
    [HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 136 - 720p | 480p

[Taka] Naruto Shippuuden 135-136 - 720p | 480p
    Last edited by Marik; Mon, 11-23-2009 at 01:22 PM.

OH COME ON! Can anyone say T-E-A-S-E?

I did enjoy it quite a bit tho ^^
    Last edited by Penner; Thu, 11-19-2009 at 04:37 PM.

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Could have used a little more flashbacks.

Not enough flashbacks

dont even feel like watching this now after seeng comments :P

Honestly got the runs out of these episodes.
    Last edited by Logrus; Thu, 11-19-2009 at 09:47 PM.

I feel the same way and I've been waiting for this episode for 2 or 3 years.
    I'm still hoping for the best.

Edit: There were a couple of flashbacks, yeah, but I thought that episode ruled.
    Last edited by Cal_kashi; Fri, 11-20-2009 at 02:06 AM.
    When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man. And (unlike subsequent inventions for man's convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became. Here, for once, was a product of man's brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others. Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle. ~Elizabeth West, Hovel in theHills

If anything this is worth watching just to see Itachi lose it and go totally apeshit ^_^

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Haha, talk about traps/counter-traps/counter-counter-trap/Mangekyo counter-trap.

It was still cool, even if the action was really only about half an episode.

Itachi's vision is all but fucked. How does he even fight with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Penner
    If anything this is worth watching just to see Itachi lose it and go totally apeshit ^_^
    Ha, I know aye? He sure doesn't lose to Orochimaru
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Fri, 11-20-2009 at 02:26 AM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    Itachi's vision is all but fucked. How does he even fight with that?
    It happened over the years. He got used to it. It would be debilitating if it had become like that suddenly.

One thing I never understood is how there are no dead birds left behind when Itachi's bird clone is revealed. The body has suffered damage so surely the damage should sometimes hit one of the birds making up the fake body. Like in this episode a whole arm was sawn off, yet all the birds miraculously survived.

Rather interesting episodes despite all the flashbacks. Uchiha certainly is a clan with a bloody past. It looks like the whole clan turned into one massive bloodbath when the mangekyo and mangekyo revival were discovered. No wonder the truths about those were later buried and Konoha Uchiha lived in a totally different reality.

Well, I loved the episode.

I mean, okay, it was mostly flashbacks, and the rehashed flashbacks in the beginning of the first episode sucked, but the other flashbacks were answering a shit-ton of questions about the series. Who is Madara, what does he do, why did Itachi REALLY spare Sasuke, eternal sharingan, why the Nine-tails attacked Konoha...

And wtf that was outta NOWHERE! it was almost a throwaway comment. "Oh btw the Mangekyou also controls the Ninetails." BWUH!?

Two questions this raised for me though.

1. If the Eternal Sharingan is so badass, how the hell did the first ever defeat Madara. From what they've shown so far, he had wood powers. That's cool and all, but it's no Sharingan. I guess if Madara was relying on controlling the Nine-tails, and the First also had the power to tame the Nine-tails, but those two powers just seem to cancel each other out. How did he not just get his ass beat one-one-one with Madara?

2. What does Madara want with Itachi and Sasuke? And why did he want the Uchiha clan wiped out. I have a theory. Since they got the Magekyou for killing their best friend, and the Eternal for taking their brothers eyes, I'm wondering if, after failing twice to conquer Konoha, if Madara is trying to gain another powerup. Like he has a theory that if he steals another set of Eternal Sharingan's it'll give him even more powerful eyes, so he's hoping one of them will emerge with it after this battle.

But yeah, I liked all the backstory even more than I liked the actually fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    One thing I never understood is how there are no dead birds left behind when Itachi's bird clone is revealed. The body has suffered damage so surely the damage should sometimes hit one of the birds making up the fake body. Like in this episode a whole arm was sawn off, yet all the birds miraculously survived.
    I was under the impression that the bird clones are entirely Genjutsu, so there's nothing to kill. And even if they aren't Genjutsu, they'd be summoned, which means they'd just poof away if you stabbed one.

I wasn't really serious with that question, since it hardly mattters and is as far away from anything important as you can get, but one thing is clear: It's not genjutsu. We have seen Itachi use those clones far away from his real body, to meet people like Naruto and Sasuke before this actual meeting. Although during this fight they might have been genjutsu (like everything was).

Finally we know what Sasuke was looking for in the basement, but we saw it when he was older. And looking at the preview we wille finally know more about Amaterasu, Jiraiya never explained it when he sealed those black flames during his fight with Itachi.

He sure doesn't see jack shit with those incredible eyes of him...
    Hakke Rokujūyon Shō!

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    It happened over the years. He got used to it. It would be debilitating if it had become like that suddenly.
    Well, I really doubt "getting used to" that would let you throw shurikens at 6000rpm with pinpoint accuracy, but like you said, it barely matters anymore.

@ Darthender:

The First had wood powers. So does Yamato.

That alone wouldn't make you the ruler of Konoha, just as Madara still got his ass handed to him despite his possessing the Mangekyo Sharingan. All I can say is however badass Madara is, the First must have been a notch higher.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

The Third beat the First when Oro summoned him with Edo Tensei, makes us question how strong, or maybe how weak, Madara and The First were when they fought.

You said it yourself, it's a summon. I can't believe that it has the full strength of the real first and the second. I'm still wondering this: Mangekyo > Rinnegan or vice versa?
    Hakke Rokujūyon Shō!

As if some zombie would be as powerful as the man himself. It was only powered by some nameless underling, as well. Who knows how strong Madara was back then in general. Maybe the only thing the First needed to do was to find a way to counter mangekyo and he had already won. Seeing how they had been working together for a while, only a foolish ninja wouldn't have tried to find the other one's weakness. Keep friends close and enemies closer, like they say.

Well, the Third did say that at least The First was like his old self.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by antiravage
    The Third beat the First when Oro summoned him with Edo Tensei, makes us question how strong, or maybe how weak, Madara and The First were when they fought.
    he had the help of the death-god....and paid the price.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    1. If the Eternal Sharingan is so badass, how the hell did the first ever defeat Madara. From what they've shown so far, he had wood powers. That's cool and all, but it's no Sharingan. I guess if Madara was relying on controlling the Nine-tails, and the First also had the power to tame the Nine-tails, but those two powers just seem to cancel each other out. How did he not just get his ass beat one-one-one with Madara?
    Hard work + caring about others > crazy magic powers and selfish goals!

If we know anything of the First from what we know of the actions of his disciples then thinking about others, particularly the future generations, was probably high on his priority list. This whole Uchiha murder family and friends for personal power thing seems like it would clash pretty strongly with that mentality and it doesn't seem surprising that there was a dispute between them over it way back when.

If the first fight between Sasuke and Naruto wasn't enough indication then we can now add in the stuff we've just learned. It seems like Sasuke is being set up as a Madara parallel and Naruto is being set up as a First parallel. Sasuke has his Sharingan shenanigans and his emo power but he only really thinks about himself. Natuto is always thinking about others and that will probably end up being the moral of the story and why Naruto eventually beats Sausuke.

Hello,
    I been lurking around these forums for years but i hardly post

Anyway
    I must have missed something somewhere in some episode. Why does Madara have one eye? or does he?

I was trying to figure out exactly what the eternal mangekouy power does. i don't think we really got any clues in this episode.

Sasuke must have talked about the manngekouy, and his future fight with itachi, with orochimaru when he was training and came up with a counter, some sort of super anti genjutsu i guess. obviously saskue is not going to lose his eyes in this battle.

sorry about all the bad spelling, spell check doesn't a have a naruto dictionary.