Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episodes 135-136

Quote Originally Posted by Jessper
    Madara isn't the first Akatsuki member we have seen that has been around long enough to know the first.
    What is that supposed to mean? Madara was himself around the same time as the First, so your point means absolutely nothing. The man is an ancient relic and certainly old enough to have been around when his own organization was founded.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    What is that supposed to mean? Madara was himself around the same time as the First, so your point means absolutely nothing. The man is an ancient relic and certainly old enough to have been around when his own organization was founded.
    I'm saying that the eternal eyes might be totally unrelated to his living this long, I didn't quote the post but it was the one directly before mine. I'll fix it to make it a bit more clear.

My bad. I read your post a couple of times but its meaning still eluded me. I thought your were talking about an older Akatsuki member than Madara...

We all know that Kakuzu fought with the first, but his prolonged life can easily be explained by the different hearts he acquired throughout his life.
    But in case of Madara, it's, for now, harder to explain why he lives so long.

Indeed, eternal eyes could not be the reason why he lives so long. So it should be another gimmick
    Hakke Rokujūyon Shō!

Quote Originally Posted by ASSpirine
    We all know that Kakuzu fought with the first, but his prolonged life can easily be explained by the different hearts he acquired throughout his life.
    But in case of Madara, it's, for now, harder to explain why he lives so long.

Indeed, eternal eyes could not be the reason why he lives so long. So it should be another gimmick
    Kazuku's extended life isn't easy to explain at all! Replacing your heart is all well and good but there are plenty of other organs and tissues that can and eventually do wear out as you age. The whole 'I replace my heart periodically so I can live indefinitely' makes the same amount of sense as just saying 'I can live indefinitely just because I'm that awesome' which is none. I'd wager the reason it seems like it makes sense is because Kishi at least tried to explain it with something that sounded reasonable on the surface. After that suspension of disbelief takes over and allows the explanation to take hold.

I'd guess it's more along the lines of those old tribal beliefs that if you eat your enemy's heart (or some other organ), you will gain his power. He stole hearts from enemies and extended his own life with theirs.

And unless anyone failed to notice, Kakuzu is essentially nothing BUT hearts and a mass of squiggly black stuff. He doesn't HAVE any other organs. Whatever Jutsu that allows him to absorb other people's hearts also apparently allows him to not need any other organs.

In that sense he's almost exactly like Sasori, who's basically a heart in a can.

I'm saying that the eternal eyes might be totally unrelated to his living this long, I didn't quote the post but it was the one directly before mine. I'll fix it to make it a bit more clear.
    While I hope that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't. Kishi just seems to love piling shit on top of the list of overpowered crap that the Sharingan can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Logrus
    So Kakashi had the Mangekyo at the age of 8? He is even greater then Itachi then :O
    Obviously you don't just kill your friend and your Sharingan instantly becomes Mangekou. You have to perform some kind of technique of which one of the requirements of is having killed your best friend.

Presumably, the technique is recorded in the Uchiha secret room under the floor mat, since they showed Kakashi finding the room when Sasuke left the village, and then the next time we see Kakashi fight, he's got the Magekyou.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Wed, 11-25-2009 at 04:41 AM.

Madara isn't the first Akatsuki member we have seen that has been around long enough to know the first.
    Well, we know how the other guy did it. I forgot his name, but he made new hearts for himself or something? I guess the question is, does eternal eyes really mean eternal life?