Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episodes 135-136

If Madara only has one eye, then he must have lost it later, because he has two Eternals in the flashback.

That is IF he only has one eye, and doesn't just wear a one-eyed mask for the hell of it.

what if someone took his eye? can someone steal an eternal sharingan eye and use its power?

hmmmmm

That seems a bit dubious. Who exactly would be badass enough to steal an eye from him? A new uber enemy? I think we already have enough of those in the story. In the beginning it was just Orochimaru, then we moved on to Akatsuki, then Pain inside Akatsuki, and now it was finally verified it's Madara who founded all of Akatsuki. If somebody was able to get an eye from Madara, that would make him an even bigger villain than the leader of Akatsuki? It would need to be the Devil himself and I don't think even this series is going to go down that far.

I think he's using the mask simply to hide his identity. There could be some other reason as well but I'm sure he still has both eyes.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    That seems a bit dubious. Who exactly would be badass enough to steal an eye from him? A new uber enemy? I think we already have enough of those in the story. In the beginning it was just Orochimaru, then we moved on to Akatsuki, then Pain inside Akatsuki, and now it was finally verified it's Madara who founded all of Akatsuki. If somebody was able to get an eye from Madara, that would make him an even bigger villain than the leader of Akatsuki? It would need to be the Devil himself and I don't think even this series is going to go down that far.

I think he's using the mask simply to hide his identity. There could be some other reason as well but I'm sure he still has both eyes.
    Like Kraco, I doubt there's anyone who would be able to steal an eye from Madara. However, it's not too far-fetched to propose that the First may have destroyed one. That may also explain the outcome of their battle. Madara, who has tasted and resented the state of darkness, would do anything to avoid that fate again, even admitting defeat.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I was thinking of that as well but somehow I felt that detail should have been included in Itachi's story since it would have been a part of it, and the whole story was about eyes.

Unless it's indeed so that Madara intends to claim an eye from either Itachi or Sasuke, whoever wins the fight between those two. In that case Itachi might have left out the detail of Madara having lost one of his uber eyes because he would have known what's in store for himself as well later (a fight for an eye with Madara) and speaking of it with Sasuke would only remind him of that foreboding future.

However, Tobi did absolutely nothing to make sure Sasuke survives the fight against the One-Armed ninja (who even went nuclear) so I don't think he's really interested in their eyes for a personal gain. Seeing how Sasuke, Itachi, and Madara are the last three sharingan Uchiha, it would have made sense for him to keep also Sasuke in storage should something suddenly happen to Itachi before it's all over between the brothers.

The other possibility is that the Eternal Sharingan just works THROUGH the mask, and we wears a one-eyed mask so he can use his Sharingan without revealing that he even has it(if it's possible to turn on one and not the other).

Like if the whole time he's fighting these Konoha ninja, he just seems like normal Tobi, but the whole time, the eye Sharingan behind the mask has been on and working.

if sasuke doesnt have the Mangekyo sharingan and itachi takes his eyes he will not get eternal sharingan right? not only that but would he lose the Mangekyo sharingan too? then he would have to kill his closest friend, i guess it would be kisame. maybe once you learn it, you keep the technique no matter what sharingan eyes you take.

it doesnt matter cause sasuke isnt going to lose his eyes , just having fun theorizing.

Wasnt kakashi learning, on basic level, how to use Mangekyo without killing his closet friend. Maybe Sasuke did the same and that will be his weapon vs itachi.

Quote Originally Posted by frog hermit
    if sasuke doesnt have the Mangekyo sharingan and itachi takes his eyes he will not get eternal sharingan right? not only that but would he lose the Mangekyo sharingan too? then he would have to kill his closest friend, i guess it would be kisame. maybe once you learn it, you keep the technique no matter what sharingan eyes you take.
    You'd think the person is the master, not the eyes. Itachi has still already killed his best friend. If the eyes themselves somehow had the ability to kill, like shooting laser beams, then it would be possible, but otherwise I doubt it really matters. Not that Itachi would hesitate for a second to kill Kisame.

Wasnt kakashi learning, on basic level, how to use Mangekyo without killing his closet friend. Maybe Sasuke did the same and that will be his weapon vs itachi.
    I never really understood the requirement anyway. Surely getting your whole family and clan killed by your own brother is more traumatic than killing a single friend. It might be a bit different since getting your clan massacred requires no action on your own part but keeping going despite that would require similar levels of dedication, surely. Even guilt can't play any part based on what we have seen. Itachi was too broken to begin with to feel anything and certainly Madara and his brother didn't bear an ounce of guilt.

I'm not trying to say things in Naruto would need to make sense, but it makes me think killing your friend is just a short-cut. Nothing says that's not the case as the whole thing was first found by Madara so it's not like thorough experimentation would have been performed (I don't count the whole pitiful clan massacring each other in heedless greed to be such).

Maybe because it's Sasuke's eyes that he needs to unlock he'd have to kill Sasuke's best friend.

Itachi vs. Naruto ftw!

Kakashi DID kill his best friend. His leadership decisions lead to Ubito's death. It may not be directly his fault, but it's a pretty safe bet that he blames himself.

So Kakashi had the Mangekyo at the age of 8? He is even greater then Itachi then :O

One thing I’m curious about is why Pain is the akatsuki leader and not Itachi, maybe it’s because he’s stronger than Itachi but I don’t know. The thing is, Itachi said this episode that Madara is his mentor and partner, and yet Pain is the leader, maybe Pain is also Madara’s student and the stronger one got to lead the organization while Madara stays in the shadows.

And taka sure is late this week.

I got the impression Madara is kind of leading Akatsuki from the shadows, telling Pain what to do and making him look like the leader, since Madara himself doesnt want his true identity revealed. (except to a select few)

He's probably just running around disguised as Tobi to keep an eye(hah) on things without drawing unwanted attention.

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Surely Pain has been around longer than Itachi. It's not so long ago that Itachi left Konoha, whereas Jiraiya trained Pain back when the wars were still raging. For all we know, Madara could have found Pain shortly after Jiraiya left him. It could have been Madara that adviced Pain to turn the Rain country to such a closed dictatorship. In short, it's possible Itachi is a n00b in Akatsuki compared to Pain.

Madara is the founder of Akatsuki, they said that in the last episode. So the ranking would be Madara>Pain>all the rest
    But it is possible that only Pain, Konan and Itachi know that, so the rest is listening to Pain
    and Itachi doesn't say anything because he's not that of a talkative guy...

And probably know one else except Pain and Konan know that Tobi is Madara.
    Hakke Rokujūyon Shō!

Taka Release

[Taka] Naruto Shippuuden 135-136 - 720p | 480p

I have a feeling that there are a few manga readers. It just seems to me that some spoilers are accidentally being leaked to us.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    "Hey bro come here for a sec"

"Huh?"

*plucks out eye*"LOL GOT YOUR EYE!"*plucks out another*"LOL GOT YOUR OTHER!"

Seriously did he brother just sit there and let him pluck out both eyes? Sure one could be a surprise but the second one? Come on... I guess the action was alright.

Quote Originally Posted by lilphatboi88
    I have a feeling that there are a few manga readers. It just seems to me that some spoilers are accidentally being leaked to us.
    I'd rather you'd not point that out, cause now I'm tempted to look back at the previous comments and check them out. Luckily my memory isn't that good

Report it to the mods if you're certain, let them handle it.
    Hakke Rokujūyon Shō!

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCybercoin
    "Hey bro come here for a sec"

"Huh?"

*plucks out eye*"LOL GOT YOUR EYE!"*plucks out another*"LOL GOT YOUR OTHER!"

Seriously did he brother just sit there and let him pluck out both eyes? Sure one could be a surprise but the second one? Come on... I guess the action was alright.
    Also, it seemed like Madara was in agonizing physical pain because he was losing his eyesight?

And I'm curious to know if Madara has scars on his eyes just like Kakashi. His statue doesn't have them right? It would be awesome if Kakashi had an ultimate Sharingan.

And eternal eyes represent eternal life? How can they be correlated? Did people in ancient times have bad eyesight?

Quote Originally Posted by lilphatboi88
    And eternal eyes represent eternal life? How can they be correlated? Did people in ancient times have bad eyesight?
    Madara isn't the first Akatsuki member we have seen that has been around long enough to know the first.
    Last edited by Jessper; Tue, 11-24-2009 at 02:09 AM.