Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What happens to Fox Demon if Naruto dies?

What's the point of adhering to a threat if it isn't true?

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Well, if you look at the page before, the fox asks "To come here... what do you want?" and Naruto impertinently says he wants chakra... and the fox says he likes his guts and gives him chakra.

You might see that as implicit validation of the threat, but I don't. Different perspectives.
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

You asked for a chapter and page number, which I found, and yet you still refute the consensus of the Kyuubi dying if Naruto dies. Wow.

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    On this one, I'm actually with poop and DBZ. Why? If Naruto were to fall there, he would most likely NOT have died, on account of the kyubi. Since that chapter, we've seen Naruto heal through some ridiculous things, of which a fall from high places is among the least impressive. Kyubi really did respond, at least in this case, to show respect for the extortion.

Where else has it been said that if the Naruto dies, the kyubi dies? I suppose there's some pretty compelling circumstancial evidence to support that theory, but at this point, I just don't see it as having to be true. Not only has no Jinchuruuki been killed while still remaining a host for a demon, but we know precious little about the methods by which the demons were sealed. Last but not least, established rules have been BLATANTLY disregarded in this manga and the behavior is increasing in frequency. I have no faith whatsoever in unestablished rules.

Quote Originally Posted by fahoumh
    Chapter 95, page 16 was the earliest mention I could find: If Naruto dies, the Kyuubi dies
    Honestly, the Kyuubi sounds more amused that Naruto thinks Kyuubi will die with him than anything else.

If what you're assuming is correct, then a possible last resort action would be ask Naruto to kill himself, destroy the 9 tails, and make the "10 tailed" Eye Hypnosis plan of Madara impossible.

Personally I don't think this question is settled.

Most likely, the Kyuubi will be stuck in limbo for a number of years (longer than the average lifespan of a human), before he is released or at full strength.

That would be the only reason he sees in keeping Naruto alive as profitable, hoping for a chance to break the seal and take over his body.

If demons died with their host, there is no way, after all these years that all 10 demons would be still alive, at least one or two hosts would have died, taking the demons with them, making the creation of the 10 tailed beast impossible.
    Last edited by CapsuleCorpJX; Thu, 11-12-2009 at 07:21 PM.

There was also the time when Sasuke butted into Naruto's conversation with the Kyuubi and after Sasuke supressed him, he told Sasuke not to kill Naruto or he'd regret it: Ch 309 P.06. It seems to me like he was trying to save his own life because if he were to be released if Naruto dies, then why would he even warn Sasuke?

I would say Kyubi dies. However, here's some shit that you might have forgotten about.

http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...7/page009.html

Shukaku remained sealed within the ashes of an old hidden sand priest.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    I think Kishimoto himself might have forgotten about that.

At the time I took it to mean that Shukaku was the spirit of the Sand Priest, sealed and then attached to Gaara. It's unclear whether or not Kishimoto intended Shukaku to be a tailed beast at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Barles
    Last but not least, established rules have been BLATANTLY disregarded in this manga and the behavior is increasing in frequency. I have no faith whatsoever in unestablished rules.
    Sad but true.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    I think Kishimoto himself might have forgotten about that.

At the time I took it to mean that Shukaku was the spirit of the Sand Priest, sealed and then attached to Gaara. It's unclear whether or not Kishimoto intended Shukaku to be a tailed beast at that point.
    Well, Shukaku was revealed within that same arc to be the one-tailed bijuu, so Kishimoto would have to be pretty damn retarded to break continuity in such a short timeframe.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    Well, Shukaku was revealed within that same arc to be the one-tailed bijuu, so Kishimoto would have to be pretty damn retarded to break continuity in such a short timeframe.
    Really? I know it was assumed that Shukaku was the one-tailed beast, but it was never explicitly stated. It wasn't until Part 2 when we were told that for the first time.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    At the time I took it to mean that Shukaku was the spirit of the Sand Priest, sealed and then attached to Gaara.
    I thought that then, too. In fact, I've always thought that bijuu "grow where hatred festers", like Gaara's attendent said (I think). I thought that was the best part of the Gaara story -- when we found out that the priestess that was sacrificed was his mom. So it makes sense that a human sacrifice could turn into a monster. If we entirely ignore the Jyuubi, it makes sense that Sasuke's hatred is growing and turning into Susanoo-bi.

But Kishimoto has shifted gears since the time jump. "Growing where hatred festers" is too generic in a world with guys like Pein around.
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

he means the badly translated part at the end, where Itachi and Kisame talk to each other, and they say that "gaara is no longer there", chapter 139.
    Quote Originally Posted by fahoumh
    he told Sasuke not to kill Naruto or he'd regret it: Ch 309 P.06. It seems to me like he was trying to save his own life because if he were to be released if Naruto dies, then why would he even warn Sasuke?
    I really hated this chapter.. Kyuubi falling apart from the might of the sharingan... hated it.
    anyways, what the kyuubi says is basically "this might be the last time we meet, you shouldn't kill naruto, as you would regret doing it", and that's after he says that Sasuke has become as dark and sinister as Madare.
    I hardly think it's a threat, it looks more like a warning, like how Kakashi warned him against taking revenge.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

But why would the Kyuubi care if Sauke became as dark and sinister as Madara? I still see it as the Kyuubi trying to save himself by telling Sasuke not to kill Naruto.

oh, so there's the root.
    you perceive the kyuubi as inherently evil, so you judge his actions and words to fit that scheme of yours.

if you step out of that, and try to judge him from a clean state of mind, you might form a different opinion.

which is to say, that you can choose to interpret his words as "evil" or as "not evil, just somewhat of a jerk", depending of that, your impression of him will change.

Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

One thing to remember is that Madara used the Kyubi to attack Konoha. The time that the 4th sealed it into Naruto. So that means that between the "death" of Madara/his fight with Hashirama, to the time when Madara used the Kyubi again, the Kyubi was either roaming around freely, or Madara was able to summon it from where ever it was.

We don't know exactly how many years passed since Hashirama died, to the point where the Kyubi was used to attack Konoha, but can we believe that it was roaming around freely for all that time?

This could all be Kishimoto's plot holes of course, but that stuff is important in deducing the true nature of those beasts. I mean seriously, if the Kyubi was just chilling around all that time and minding it's own business and never once attacked Konoha out of spite or because of evil, then his personality may not be as what we thought it to be. It is also possible that it wasn't just roaming around freely and was summoned from somewhere.

Also, and what I think is the single most important thing and is being overlooked is the fact that Akatsuki chooses to take the hosts ALIVE, eventhough it has been explicitly stated that a Bijuu+Host combination is stronger than just the Bijuu itself. If killing the host did not have some type of penalty (the bijuu dying), then Akatsuki would have just killed Gaara and captured the 1 tails. Hell, they would have done that for all of them don't you think? I mean at least the weaker ones, cause the 1 tailed Bijuu was weak as shit. Little Naruto + Gamabunta were giving him trouble hahaha. An akatsuki would make fodder of that shit.

I'm gonna go with the Bijuu dies, until it is stated otherwise. The only other explanation that I will accept from Kishi without it pissing me off is that they disappear for some time and are then reborn through whatever plot device allows them to be reborn. This is the only thing that would explain why Akatsuki chose to take them alive and not dead, and why the Kyubi is like "yo don't die". Because really, if the Kyubi would still live if Naruto died, don't you think he would have let Naruto die a long time ago?

I agree with the 'Limbo' theory (in fact, it's probably the most realistic one), it's just that there's nothing in story to suggest it.
    unless you say that the demons go back to the same place where the summon beasts (frogs, snakes, whatever) come from, which raises the question of what makes the difference between the two types.

maybe next arc, after the akatsuki captures all the demon beasts, they go after all the summoners. I won't mind watching them hunt Tsunade.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z
    oh, so there's the root.
    you perceive the kyuubi as inherently evil, so you judge his actions and words to fit that scheme of yours.

if you step out of that, and try to judge him from a clean state of mind, you might form a different opinion.

which is to say, that you can choose to interpret his words as "evil" or as "not evil, just somewhat of a jerk", depending of that, your impression of him will change.
    I never said that...at least that's not what I meant. I'm just suggesting that he warned Sasuke not to kill Naruto so he wouldn't die with him. There's nothing evil about self-preservation.