Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Piece Chapter 562

One Piece Chapter 562

Last edited by Marik; Thu, 10-29-2009 at 01:32 PM.

Franky-House's translations are terrible in this chapter. I definitely recommend reading Binktopia's.

That being said... damn...
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    It's a surprise it was that dude of all people, but we pretty much always expected somebody to swoop in and do it.
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

When he was "arbitrarily" missing a few chapters ago, I knew it was something suspicious. Why would Oda write that part in. Now we see why. I wonder if Whitebeard will just kill this guy and move on in a weakened state or what...

Goddamn this is too tense!

And yeah that FH translation was so terrible, jesus.

Just to note: if anyone forgot, Squardo (sp?) was the captain that WB tried to contact but went missing - http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece...9/page006.html

This chapter surprised me. I know this is probably not the end of WB, but he surely has a dent in him now. I have heard some other people speculating that maybe he'll just go kamikaze before he dies. Either way This I think certainly sets the stage for something even bigger to come.

And to back up what Assertn said: the binktopia scan is MUCH better.
    Last edited by joker-kun; Thu, 10-29-2009 at 12:29 PM.

[21:48] * DO furiously masturbates to #gotwoot

Blog Entries
    Jesus... i sure as hell didn't see that one coming.

Even being the man closest to One Piece, i don't think a sword in the chest is something he'll be able to brush off so easily. I wonder if this means that guy actually belongs to one of the CP units

its quite possible donflamingo is controlling him, or hes an ally of blackbeard or somthing,

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chambers
    its quite possible donflamingo is controlling him, or hes an ally of blackbeard or somthing,
    I don't think he can control people at such a long distance and BB already has a swordsman so the chances are slim too. I'm putting my money on government spy

I keep expecting the real Kuma to start attacking the marines, specially after they showed him with just an '...' dialogue.

And LOL at the Buggy idiocy. I hope they keep filming this for the world.

I'm going to have to re-read this entire shit, this came out of nowhere...

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

As long as they have the camera, the execution of Ace can't begin. Looks like Buggy might save him.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Blog Entries
    Honestly i don't think Ace was ever the main target

I'm sure they won't let him go ( not willingly anyway ) but at this point i think we can call this the wg's victory no matter what happens

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    Honestly i don't think Ace was ever the main target

I'm sure they won't let him go ( not willingly anyway ) but at this point i think we can call this the wg's victory no matter what happens
    What if most of the Marine Admirals, Shichibukai, and Pacifista are defeated? Even if Whitebeard does die, that doesn't necessarily make it the WG's victory not matter what, considering that their main fighting force can still get destroyed here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentenal
    What if most of the Marine Admirals, Shichibukai, and Pacifista are defeated? Even if Whitebeard does die, that doesn't necessarily make it the WG's victory not matter what, considering that their main fighting force can still get destroyed here.
    Yes, because having their leader and master strategist gutted in front of them is just the kind of inspiration they needed to turn the tide of the battle around

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Whitebeard was hardly a master tactician. His plan consisted of charging in with all his might, despite attacks from the rear. Even Luffy had a better strategy for rescuing Ace. If Whitebeard had shown up at Impel Down at the same time Luffy did, Ace would have been rescued. Heck, I bet Marco alone could have rescued Ace.

Anyway, I'm guessing Whitebeard was the only person on the battlefield with the kind of haki capable of negating Logia fruits. Except for Luffy, in an obvious twist.
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

Marco landed an attack on Kizaru, Jose got a square blow on Crocodile, and Hancock was faring pretty well on Smoker...

Regardless of what happens to WB, its not like the pirates can just retreat. This is a battle to the death for both sides.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Judging from his lines before he stabbed Whitebeard, Squardo is quite aware of what he's about to do so he's not being controlled. I'm guessing government spy or personal ambition for Squardo too.

Also, I didn't find Buggy amusing in the previous chapters, but his antics this time got me to laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    Yes, because having their leader and master strategist gutted in front of them is just the kind of inspiration they needed to turn the tide of the battle around
    No, you said now that Whitebeard got run through by Squardo, it would be the World Government's victory, no matter what happens. That means even if somehow the Pirates manage to wipe out all of the Marines, the WG still wins. Which is obviously not true. Whitebeard getting stabbed doesn't guarantee WG victory. Hell, it might throw some of the Whitebeard Crew into a rage, causing them to fight even harder.

I still think the World Government has to win in order to maintain a presence in the series.
    After all, they still have to battle against the revolutionaries, and then try to awaken one of the lost weapons from the blank era.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentenal
    No, you said now that Whitebeard got run through by Squardo, it would be the World Government's victory, no matter what happens. That means even if somehow the Pirates manage to wipe out all of the Marines, the WG still wins. Which is obviously not true. Whitebeard getting stabbed doesn't guarantee WG victory. Hell, it might throw some of the Whitebeard Crew into a rage, causing them to fight even harder.
    I meant it within reason. If someone releases a deadly virus and all of them are killed then yeah i guess it wouldn't be the wg's win but somehow i just don't see that happening.