Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Piece Chapter 561

One Piece Chapter 561

Binktopia

Download | Online Viewing

Lol @ Buggy.

he's got the power of friendship, it's like the most powerful virus.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Jesus, an army of Kumas? Tres shady, that world government.

Blog Entries
    Holy crap, a army of Pxs

Looks like the battle is entering its final stage. Good, all the awesomeness was getting monotonous. We need some plot/character development now

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    If Whitebeard has a trick up his sleeve, NOW is the time to use it.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

I'm still hoping for Dragon to make an appearance.

Dragon showing up would be a perfect twist, since Sengoku is certainly confident that the current situation is at his advantage. I still think Ace is going to die, but I really don't know how the rest of this war will pan out.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Blog Entries
    I love his character, but Ace's death would add a whole new meaning to Luffy's journey and would make the whole series even more perfect in my eyes

As for Dragon showing up i wouldn't count on it, i don't think he gives a flying fuck about Ace

No, but he wants the world government to lose. Right now, while there's chaos, is probably the best time for that to happen.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

He may not care about Ace, but he probably cares about Luffy. And who knows, maybe Oda has some connection between Dragon and Roger, giving him a reason to save Ace.

I don't think One Piece is a dark enough show to have Ace get executed like this.

There was too much foreshadowing for Ace not to die.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Doesn't seem too much different from when Robin was going to get taken away to Marine HQ back in the Enies Lobby arc.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Guys... this is one piece, no character from the present dies.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

oh shit, enough paw prints to take over the world. . . .There is way to much foreshadowing that Ace will die, there is no way Oda would've let whitebeard squad get the upper hand for about 5-6 chapters, just for luffy and crew to save him, the goverment is using Ace to set another example before luffy reach the new world. Ace death = power up for luffy to be on the higher level then majority of white beard's crew
    Last edited by Paper; Fri, 10-23-2009 at 09:35 AM.
    "The End Justify The Means"

This is the first chapter in a while that just wasn't that great to me. Yeah the Px's are a big deal to the normal pirates but unless they've had major upgrades any one of Whitebeard's Division Commanders could take them all by themselves.

As for someone show up I'm betting on Shanks. he has ties to both brothers and maybe Lola's mom showed up and took over his fight with Kaidou.

i don't see as much foreshadowing as everyone else is saying. They've showed bots of Ace's past and then cut to him saying he's ready to die a bunch of times just like Robin with Cp7. Also I don't think Luffy falls into the normal Shonen I got randomly stronger because someone close to me died category. His goofyness is not a hindrance and I don't see them using Ace's death to serious him up. I just don't see a way that Ace's death gives him a boost, this isn't Naruto. i do think someone close to Luffy will eventually die, but I think it will be Shanks. Shanks will pass on how to control Haki and then bite the bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by boilerph
    His goofyness is not a hindrance and I don't see them using Ace's death to serious him up. I just don't see a way that Ace's death gives him a boost, this isn't Naruto.
    What about his massive burst of haki when Hancock's sisters were about to kill those Amazon's on Amazon Lilly? I'd call that a power up and Luffy only just met them, not to mention we haven't really heard much about his haki other than that and an off the side comment by Blackbeard. I think it's more than possible that Ace's death (or Ace being about to be killed) could help release his enormous haki.

There is also Blackbear to think about. He could turn up with whatever it is he went to Impel Down for and cause the battlefield to become even more chaotic and possibly even save Luffy/Ace/Other Pirates (albeit not on purpose).

yeah im betting on what ty said, i think we will reach a seemingly insurmountable ending to the fight eventually (which may have just happend) and blackbeard will show up and execute whitebeard on the spot. its GOT to be some huge curve ball like that is gonna be thrown at us..... the world government just cannot be allowed to have a clean victory like this since the possibilities of both taking out a yonkou AND moria gaining so much power for his army would really shift the balance of power.

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyreal
    I think it's more than possible that Ace's death (or Ace being about to be killed) could help release his enormous haki.
    It would be pretty sweet if he was in the middle of a 3rd Gear Jet Gattling when his haki came off. That would make the WG crap their pants.

Haki is basically (as I read it) how Luffy beat Crocodile. He yelled "I'm going to be the pirate king" and hit him with Storm.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/209/15/

In fact, Luffy negated Crocodile's logia fruit by punching through Crocodile's final attack, despite the fact that rubber is vulnerable to blades.
    Last edited by poopdeville; Fri, 10-23-2009 at 02:40 PM.
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

wasn't it because he used his own blood to substitute for water, which is croc's elemental weakness?

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    On the one hand, you are absolutely correct. On the other, I don't think Luffy has any sort of "knock out" power unless he's yelling something passionately.
    "After all, I am strangely colored."