Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there anything wrong with...

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Try to think of why you are still attracted to her, what are your true intentions with her and if you truly desire to do something about it.

Once done, act accordingly.

I know, easier said than done.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by David75
    Try to think of why you are still attracted to her, what are your true intentions with her and if you truly desire to do something about it.

Oh how amorous and direct the French are...maybe you could talk her into an "arrangement".

Quote Originally Posted by David75

Yeah I definitely am, maybe for no better reason than because she's giving me the cold shoulder nowadays. If nothing else, I'd like to just be friends, but she doesn't seem to want that either. I guess you wouldn't want to be around a friend who keeps checking out your butt. Chicks, go figure.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    I guess you wouldn't want to be around a friend who keeps checking out your butt
    Perhaps it hasn't gotten to the point where it's a problem yet, but I have no problems with girls checking out any part of me.

Honestly, don't over analyze y'all's interactions. It's likely that her giving you the "cold shoulder" is unintentional. If you're in a class with her, that means you have something you can talk to her about, and as long as you don't come off as a creeper, she's probably just indifferent.

I'd say move on to greener pastures.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Yeah I definitely am, maybe for no better reason than because she's giving me the cold shoulder nowadays. If nothing else, I'd like to just be friends, but she doesn't seem to want that either. I guess you wouldn't want to be around a friend who keeps checking out your butt. Chicks, go figure.
    The way you describe all of this is more on the negative side. That shows that you instinctively know that trouble's ahead if you try something.

whatever we will tell you, you're the one living it, so should you be bold and be frank with her, or just remain a lurker is your decision on the end.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    Perhaps it hasn't gotten to the point where it's a problem yet, but I have no problems with girls checking out any part of me.
    Do you walk around in short shorts and muscle tees, Xan?

Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj
    Do you walk around in short shorts and muscle tees, Xan?
    Shorts? No. Fitted shirts, yes.

I was kind of joking before, but I don't imagine I'd ever get tired of being checked out, unless it was by extremely creepy people.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    Say 20 Hail Marys and donate during this Sunday's mass, and Our Lord and Savior the one true God will forgive you, my child.
    Best post in this thread so far, thank you for that laughs.

Ani.. I see why people shouldn't take you seriously from this thread.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonrage
    Best post in this thread so far, thank you for that laughs.

Ani.. I see why people shouldn't take you seriously from this thread.
    Why, because I'm human with slightly bizarre, nonconformist impulses? Is there something wrong with that?

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Why, because I'm human with slightly bizarre, nonconformist impulses? Is there something wrong with that?
    Nope, it is because all you have said so far is that you like her legs, thighs and you think you she has a cute butt over and over again. You don't really seem to be interested in anything else besides talking about them. It also seems that you have no feelings or wish for anything deeper with this girl, you don't really see her as a person either just legs, thighs and butt.

You constantly say the same thing over and over again wallowing in self pity and I think you kind of like it. The attention you're getting and the advice that you haven't considered.

That and the fact that I think you like the way things are at the moment and you're having a few laughs at everyone else expense.

If you really are that much attracted to them try and find out why, if you're too afraid move on, if your have self esteem issues deal with them and move on, nothing is going to change just whining about it.
    ___

Nope, it is because all you have said so far is that you like her legs, thighs and you think you she has a cute butt over and over again. You don't really seem to be interested in anything else besides talking about them. It also seems that you have no feelings or wish for anything deeper with this girl, you don't really see her as a person either just legs, thighs and butt.

You constantly say the same thing over and over again wallowing in self pity and I think you kind of like it. The attention you're getting and the advice that you haven't considered.

That and the fact that I think you like the way things are at the moment and you're having a few laughs at everyone else expense.

If you really are that much attracted to them try and find out why, if you're too afraid move on, if your have self esteem issues deal with them and move on, nothing is going to change just whining about it.
    That sucks that that's all you got from that. The thing is, you missed the entire point of my posts and this thread.

My initial entry in this thread was to discuss whether or not I should be ashamed of liking a girl primarily for what most would consider a shallow and inconsequential trait. In response to others' input, I elaborated but only so far as to illustrate that in the summation, my attraction to her is largely superficial. It wasn't my intention to garner pity or even sympathy for my dilemma with this girl, only to elaborate on the circumstances, leading back to my original question, is it ok to like a girl based on something as trivial as her physical attributes, and moreso, an attribute as trivial as her legs/butt.

Thanks for contributing.

That sucks that that's all you got from that. The thing is, you missed the entire point of my posts and this thread.

My initial entry in this thread was to discuss whether or not I should be ashamed of liking a girl primarily for what most would consider a shallow and inconsequential trait. In response to others' input, I elaborated but only so far as to illustrate that in the summation, my attraction to her is largely superficial. It wasn't my intention to garner pity or even sympathy for my dilemma with this girl, only to elaborate on the circumstances, leading back to my original question, is it ok to like a girl based on something as trivial as her physical attributes, and moreso, an attribute as trivial as her legs/butt.

Thanks for contributing.
    LMAO, apparently you don't watch television, the commercials alone would answer your question.
    ___

LMAO, apparently you don't watch television, the commercials alone would answer your question.
    Are you talking about the commercials with their superficiality and sexuality would support me, or are there some commercials I'm not seeing that say I'm messed up in the head for being so shallow?

What I am saying is that I believe half of what you said is BS and that there are a lot of other guys other there that are superficial (attracted to women only because of looks). Commercials are a media that demonstrates what people are generally attracted too (they have done studies, and spent a lot of money to be certain of this) other media have also done the same not to mention there are documentaries. You are not "alone" in being superficially attracted to someone.

Also I don't believe you are someone with such outstanding moral virtues that would be this bother with weather or not it is right or wrong to like someone only because of certain bodily features.

Anyways please excuse my intrusion into your self help thread.

p.s. If you are attracted to her for other reasons besides physical (i.e. her personality) then it is not just being superficial, now is it.

Have fun.
    ___

You are not "alone" in being superficially attracted to someone.
    Yeah, this is pretty much the answer to the thread.

Only someone raised in a convent or monastery would even think that being physically attracted to someone is strange. Hence my first post...

Let's drop this argument before it gets creepy.

I think its too late; we passed creepy a while ago.

Is there anything wrong with...

...being creepy?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Uh, yea...its creepy (esp. people with those nasty wet handshakes)

Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj
    Uh, yea...its creepy (esp. people with those nasty wet handshakes)
    Wet handshakes seem to go hand in hand with limp, unmanly handshaking. I like my handshakes firm and dry.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Someone shook my left hand the other day

It was rather random, and I forgot whether it was the elderly man or a skateboarding teen.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~