Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there anything wrong with...

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage
    Yeah but this one has a boyfriend, dont bother waiting on her.
    But you see, that gives me the perfect foil for my failed attempts. Rather than say "I didn't get her because I'm a loser and I have no game", I can just chalk up the failure to the fact that she has a boyfriend. That will help my ego tremendously.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    No, there's nothing wrong with that. Why would there be?
    Well a relationship based on something as trivial as the hotness of her legs is doomed to fail. What if in 2 years her legs are no longer as hot and/or I grow tired of her personality? Some would even say it was shallow and a base attraction and therefore wish failure on my endeavors to score with her.

Samsonlonghair's post is answered by my replies to Carnage and Buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphy
    He can just be like Jim from the office, or whatever his name is.
    Everyone knows Jim is the good guy in that situation. I'd be ok with being the good guy in my situation.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Like you said before, the legs are just a hook. A starting point. I find it perfectly fine to like someone because you find a part of them physically beautiful.

It's another thing for you to say you love her because of it. That goes beyond physical attraction.

The legs serve as a starting point, and from the encounters to follow, you may come to like, or dislike other aspects of her.

That's the whole point of "going out" isn't it?

edit:

Is there anything wrong with pubic hair growing outside the pubic (briefs) region?
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Wed, 10-21-2009 at 11:15 PM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

At my work we have a club that we put a few of the girls into (speaking amongst ourselves, of course), it's called the "Aich Bee Doubleyou Eff Club" (HBWF (Hot Body / Weird Face)).

Sounds like this girl would be a member if she worked in my office.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

Like you said before, the legs are just a hook. A starting point. I find it perfectly fine to like someone because you find a part of them physically beautiful.

It's another thing for you to say you love her because of it. That goes beyond physical attraction.

The legs serve as a starting point, and from the encounters to follow, you may come to like, or dislike other aspects of her.

That's the whole point of "going out" isn't it?
    Well I have no chance with her because beyond the fact that she has a boyfriend already, she initially seemed mutually interested, then suddenly seemed disinterested, bordering on outright dislike towards me. But that's not really the point, I'm just hung up on how much I want to be with her mainly because she has amazing legs.

edit:

Is there anything wrong with pubic hair growing outside the pubic (briefs) region?
    Nothing wrong with this. I think most people have some pubes growing on their leg near the pubic region. If you're talking about pubic hair on your knees, that's another problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    At my work we have a club that we put a few of the girls into (speaking amongst ourselves, of course), it's called the "Aich Bee Doubleyou Eff Club" (HBWF (Hot Body / Weird Face)).

Sounds like this girl would be a member if she worked in my office.
    Well, she's Korean, so weirdness of the face is subjective. If she was at work, I doubt she'd get away with wearing the tiny little shorts she wears that show off her amazing legs. Luckily this is at school where they seem very liberal about what constitutes proper attire. Unhappily, it's hard to concentrate on lectures when her legs are only a few feet from you.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    amazing thighs and legs
    based on her amazing legs
    she doesn't have to work to get these amazing legs, she just has them.
    she has great legs.
    she has amazing legs.
    show off her amazing legs
    hotness of her legs
    She really does have amazing thighs and legs.
    solely because she has what you consider amazing legs
    She really does have the most amazing legs ever.
    But she does have amazing legs.
    OK then...
    I don't know how to describe what's so amazing about them without seeming morbid or perverse.
    I think in this case, the quantity has trumped quality of your post content. It's too late for not wanting to seem slightly perverse at this point.

To answer your initial question, there's nothing wrong with being physically attracted to someone and pursuing them for that reason, if only to have fun and experiment socially. There is something wrong with obsessing over it, however.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    OK then...

I think in this case, the quantity has trumped quality of your post content. It's too late for not wanting to seem slightly perverse at this point.

To answer your initial question, there's nothing wrong with being physically attracted to someone and pursuing them for that reason, if only to have fun and experiment socially. There is something wrong with obsessing over it, however.
    Well if the physical attraction was to her face or a great body I wouldn't see a problem. But just a physical attraction to her legs is a bit peculiar and I wouldn't admit to it except anonymously on a forum. She really does have the most amazing legs.

You've never heard the term "butterface" before?

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    You've never heard the term "butterface" before?
    Yeah but I've never liked using that term. I find beauty in any person, and it cancels out other less amazing features. Usually that beauty is in the person's spirit, accomplishments, or face. In this girl's case, it's in her legs.

And yet you readily admit her face leaves "a bit to be desired".

The definition isn't necessarily derogatory. Just means she's not outstandingly beautiful, but has other features which are physically attractive.

Is it wrong to want to be a police officer so I can use my authority to speak my mind on the weaknesses of humanity, something I can currently only do safely on web forums?

What I mean is, I plan to stop people for breaking the law, then lecture them about whatever violation or stupid thing they did. If they seem to listen and accept my chastisement with humility and genuine regret, I won't ticket them. If they don't seem to care or don't pay attention like they're in a hurry or want to move along, I will hold them up for 30 minutes and then ticket them. Does that make me a bad person?

Perhaps this should be renamed to "The Animeniax confessions thread"
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    Perhaps this should be renamed to "The Animeniax confessions thread"
    Is it wrong to want to kick someone's ass that was a jerk on an anime forum?

Is it wrong to want to be a police officer so I can use my authority to speak my mind on the weaknesses of humanity, something I can currently only do safely on web forums?
    That isn't.

What I mean is, I plan to stop people for breaking the law, then lecture them about whatever violation or stupid thing they did. If they seem to listen and accept my chastisement with humility and genuine regret, I won't ticket them. If they don't seem to care or don't pay attention like they're in a hurry or want to move along, I will hold them up for 30 minutes and then ticket them. Does that make me a bad person?
    Yeah...this one's not too right. Letting people off because of personal ideals of how bad people should be treated doesn't set a very good example as a police.

A judge could pull it off...but not you.

Actually, why not aspire to be a judge? You can rant at them all you want.

Yeah...this one's not too right. Letting people off because of personal ideals of how bad people should be treated doesn't set a very good example as a police.

A judge could pull it off...but not you.
    Well if the point is to berate them and eduate them, then it's either they accept the soapbox chastisement or they accept a ticket. Seems like a fair tradeoff. And my "personal" ideals would be stuff that's common courtesy or letter law. They would be fairly objective guidelines.

Actually, why not aspire to be a judge? You can rant at them all you want.
    Judges don't get to carry and use guns and excessive force as part of their daily work routine.

Legs come and go, what if she becomes a paraplegic?!

It's only a phase (in regards to your leg obsession), man. Like you said, those legs aren't going to be in that condition forever and unless you see other meaningful things in a relationship with her, you probably shouldn't be pursuing it especially if she has a boyfriend (I guess you could always wait for an unlikely breakup, though).

If you have low self-esteem about being a loser in the dating crowd, look around and get some practice! Who knows, you might hit the jackpot with "amazing legs"!

Plus I am sure there are dozens of girls with great legs walking around. I don't think she was uniquely blessed.

Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj
    Plus I am sure there are dozens of girls with great legs walking around. I don't think she was uniquely blessed.
    I don't know....if Ani's as obsessed about legs as he seems to be, those must be some "amazing legs".

(On second thoughts, obsessed =/= picky... but he did pick her out of his entire class.)

Here you go, Animeniax.

Take a leaf out of this man's book. No doubt it will be the solution you seek.
    Last edited by bagandscalpel; Tue, 10-27-2009 at 04:31 AM.

KIMOCHI~II

Quote Originally Posted by bagandscalpel
    Here you go, Animeniax.

I don't get the reference..

@enkoujin, rockmanj, Buffalobiian: No, I noticed other things about her first, including the fact that we seemed to hit it off and I thought there was mutual interest. The awesome legs were the hook that reeled me in.

Quote Originally Posted by bagandscalpel
    Here you go, Animeniax.

Which Jojo is that?

And you have actually talked to her? ah...I see. I thought you were just (kinda but not really creepily) admiring her from a distance.