Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: One Piece Episode 421

Kairoseki is supposed to be like unbreakable or something, so it would be perfect for a sword.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    I sure hope everyone doesn't learn haki. That would be so broke.
    Luffy and Zoro ( maybe Sanji too ) isn't everyone.

Asura itself is probably already a manifestation of some sort of haki, and Diamble Jamble is pending confirmation too
    Last edited by Archangel; Tue, 10-13-2009 at 05:47 AM.

If Perona keeps pestering Zoro enough and he learns to cut the negative ghosts, he will have already learned the basic haki, probably. I doubt you can cut those immaterial ghosts otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    Luffy and Zoro ( maybe Sanji too ) isn't everyone.

Asura itself is probably already a manifestation of some sort of haki, and Diamble Jamble is pending confirmation too
    So really, you're hoping for more of a DBZ scenario, where a select few protagonists continuously advance, making everyone else utterly worthless.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    So really, you're hoping for more of a DBZ scenario, where a select few protagonists continuously advance, making everyone else utterly worthless.
    No, but i do expect those 3 to continue to be the most powerful fighters in the crew

The rest of the straw hats may also develop haki abilities eventually, but only further down the line ( no pun intended )

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    I guess i`m the only one that wants everyone to be roughly equally in strenght : (
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

It'll be interesting to see other means of fighting Logia other than Haki.

I want to see Usopp develop some sort of device that will help him fight strong devil fruit users. As for Zoan, i'm hoping Chopper develop some sort of "complete" form that's a cross between his monster point and big form.

I think we're also too quick to assume that everything is Haki related. It's possible that Rayleigh is just a badass swordsman and used some special technique when he cut Kizaru. Zoro wants to be able to cut everything, wouldn't the ultimate cutting technique allow him to cut even immaterial matters?
    Last edited by Dark Dragon; Tue, 10-13-2009 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Dragon
    wouldn't the ultimate cutting technique allow him to cut even immaterial matters?
    Anybody can cut immaterial matter. It offers no resistance, after all, though cutting it also produces no effect. So, in fact you must be able to do something else than simply cut, and that's where haki comes into play. Luffy was wondering how punches can affect his rubber body. No doubt haki charged sword swing would also affect a logia body identically. Kind of like affecting the very soul, not just the body.

well all this is ofc going back to our assumption that it WAS haki that allowed silvers to cut kizaru....
    I hardly see given the name of the word how zoros and sanjis techniques could be considered "haki". The way i would see it is the ambition of certain people is so great is manifests itself physically, making somthing harder, stronger, faster ect by sheer force of a physical will. We have seen a "glare" type haki from shanks. Also from shanks we have seen a preassure attack on whitebeards crew that made several rookies pass out... Both could be considered effects of pressure on somthing (mental pressure and physical pressure). In the case of silvers the pressure he exerts would be exactley that, a physical pressure that stops the "light" of the logia letting things pass through, in essence the pressure would hold it in place enough so that it could be struck. And this would seem to be confirmed when liffys body is subject to pain from physical attacks like garp and the snake sisters (the same effect of keeping it his body still and denying movment would hurt him).

We have not seen any kind of abilities that have been coloured with the "haki" brush like people are doing to asura and diablo jambe.

I think it could be any of these people who might join the crew, it would be nice of boa joined because they would truley have a strong femal in the ranks then comparable to luffy even. But i never thought that any of the people shown so far would join... im still gettin used to brook atm so i think it might be a little too early to think we might get another member...... but on the other hand how will perona react when seeing choppy-woppy?

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Anybody can cut immaterial matter. It offers no resistance, after all, though cutting it also produces no effect. So, in fact you must be able to do something else than simply cut, and that's where haki comes into play. Luffy was wondering how punches can affect his rubber body. No doubt haki charged sword swing would also affect a logia body identically. Kind of like affecting the very soul, not just the body.
    "Cut" was a poor choice of word on my part. But i was suggesting that maybe there's an alternative other than Haki and seastones that will allow people to harm Logia users.