Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One Piece Episode 421

How would he know? He may be a member of the Roger pirates, but he's not psychic.

Brook's captain and the rest of the sick crew set out over the calm belt and were never seen again. Unless people knew they'd fallen ill, most people would think they just ran from the Grand Line.

Quote Originally Posted by FireEmblem
    I'm not too sure about Laboon though. More than likely he didn't have the Laboon thing in his head and improv'd it into the story. When they met Crocus at the Twin Capes, Crocus said that the crew that left Laboon there and then eventually ran away from the Grand Line. We see in Brook's story though that their captain came down with something. Rewatch the corresponding episodes (episodes relating to the Twin Capes and then Brook's story. So are we to believe that Crocus, who was a member of the Roger pirates, was wrong about this or that he's lying?

Not everything adds up in that, which leads me to believe that this particular thing wasn't "planned" from the beginning, but it fit in really nicely anyway. I'm just saying.
    No, Crocus said he heard rumors of the crew leaving the grand line... and half of the crew DID leave the grand line (the Captain and the other infected crewmates). His guess was as good as anybody else's.

Conversely, the reverse mountain mini-arc described the crew as one full of musicians, that threw parties for several days with the whale while they were at the mountain. Since Oda was hinting at a musician since before even Nami joined, I think he might have had this part planned.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I wonder what involvement buggy will have on next episode. Was surprised they showed him :P But look forward to see what smoker been doing too.

I think Hancock has more chance of joining than Perona - they've made a big deal about her getting jealous of Nami and Robin, a little too big a deal in my opinion. That, and we've seen her tragic childhood so it's virtually a certainty.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

Blog Entries
    Also, i think Perona is cuter than Boa

I've also made a thread about possible new members for the crew so we can move the discussion there
    Last edited by Archangel; Mon, 10-12-2009 at 03:05 PM.

Well thanks for ruining the speculation for me.

I vote Perona.

If not... since Margarte has no more chance, since she staid behind, I would think Caimie. Not really into having Boa there. Besides... she can't abandon her Kingdom. Its her position as Shichibukai that keeps it safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    @below - You'd have preferred to keep believing in something that wasn't true?
    Er... with this question it seems like you may have missed the entire point about the concept of "spoiling"

Blog Entries

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    Er... with this question it seems like you may have missed the entire point about the concept of "spoiling"
    Lets be open minded about this; i didn't tell you what was going to happen, i just told what didn't happen

It would be one hell of a stretch to call that spoiling right? I merely moved the discussion into a more appropriate direction

That said I'll still edit the post, don't want to catch assassin in one of his off days

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    Lets be open minded about this; i didn't tell you what was going to happen, i just told what didn't happen

It would be one hell of a stretch to call that spoiling right? I merely moved the discussion into a more appropriate direction
    It's a very slippery slope.

You could have a conversation where someone goes, "I don't know how Luffy is going to beat this guy." and someone else goes, "He doesn't."

He's not telling him what happens, he tells him what doesn't happen.

Raven seems to have forgotten he's a mod himself...

Anyway, I'm still not sure what this escapade will offer Zoro, aside from mummy looks. I consider Perona quite unlikely to become a Straw hat crew member so I doubt that could be the result. A new sword wouldn't be bad, but wouldn't that mean he would lose one of his existing ones? He can't very well lose the memento sword so it would need to be the cursed one. Maybe that could as well go. The curse issue was hardly exploited ever since anyway.

A new skill seems more likely than a new sword, all things considered. But you never know with Oda.

Who's there to teach him a new technique?

Maybe he'll get a powerup for one of his swords.

He has a cursed sword. He's in a cursed land. Maybe he'll make his swords curse more powerful!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    It's a very slippery slope.

You could have a conversation where someone goes, "I don't know how Luffy is going to beat this guy." and someone else goes, "He doesn't."

He's not telling him what happens, he tells him what doesn't happen.
    Normally that's true, but considering how close the anime is to the manga, most of this is speculation from both sides.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    Who's there to teach him a new technique?

Maybe he'll get a powerup for one of his swords.

He has a cursed sword. He's in a cursed land. Maybe he'll make his swords curse more powerful!
    The curse has a power level? Is it over 9000?

I still think it will have something to do with that Asura transformation of his, he'll probably find out he has dark haki or something and will be given some new attacks on that form. Basically, that form will become his gear 2
    Last edited by Archangel; Mon, 10-12-2009 at 07:28 PM.

dark asura? did I miss something?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Blog Entries
    This thing

I said dark because it just feels like there's something inherently evil about it

Haha maybe.....
    Zoro always comes up with cool techniques that he only uses like, once.
    The exception of course being his projectile slash attack.

He seriously just needs a kairoseki sword.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Blog Entries
    Why? With Haki in play kairoseki is a thing of the past

I sure hope everyone doesn't learn haki. That would be so broke.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I actually think there was one possible example of when Zoro could have used Haki in the past...not saying that everyone has it but he may be one of the few eligible...