Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kämpfer

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar

Kämpfer

Genres: action, comedy, romance
    Themes: ERR> gender switch harem ecchi, gender switch harem ecchi
    Quote Originally Posted by ANN
    Senou Natsuru is your normal, everyday high school student. However he´s been chosen to be a Kampfer, who´s objective consists on fighting other Kampfer with either guns, swords or magic, however, there´s catch; first you can´t chose if you´re a Kampfer or not, and second, you must have the body of a girl to use your powers.
    Links: ANN, AniDB, MyAnimeList, Official site

[gg]_Kampfer_-_01_[D3AE7621].mkv
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Thu, 10-01-2009 at 11:18 PM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Looks interesting.

---

I highly enjoyed the first episode, so I'm going to keep up with it.
    Last edited by Marik; Fri, 10-02-2009 at 04:25 PM.

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    daaang. ep 1 is already out? that was fast.

user posted image

I loved the breaks in the fourth wall with the characters accusing each other of sounding like who they really are. The massive amount of innuendo in the lines are pretty funny too.

The action was really well animated (like Akane's gun) and they've already started a love-triangl..er...square? It's very hard not to like both side of Akane's personality, her brash one, as well as her evidently (or accidentally) perverted side, who is already showing some jealously toward Sakura.

I've read a little bit of the manga (which this episode absolutely breezed through) so I'm definitely following this.

edit: and Akane's comment about how Natsuru wasn't a mobile suit even though he is a Kampfer (and therefore she should be able to actually hit).
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Fri, 10-02-2009 at 04:37 AM.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    The eyes (yes, real eyes, not those eyes) in this show keeps catching my attention. They're not very detailed, but their transparency and the style with the extra loops are enough to keep me slightly captivated.

Fanservice wise, it turned out better than I thought. I expected some really force-fed, barely dressed characters that have been rather common lately (Queen's Blade, Sekirei, Princess Lover), but I like the softcore approach used here instead. There's still plenty of womanly curves bouncing around the place, but instead of being gigantically tasteless, they're covered in a more suggestive nature, using camera angles to their advantage.

Female Natsuru's cute, but she can't rival Akane's spontaneity.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

lol, what did i just watch?

it had some okay parts, but this episode was crazy. but i guess most of it was pretty standard anime-ecchi-comedy :\.

i was expecting this to be a lot like Zettai Shougeki, which it wasn't that much, and i think that's a good thing.

user posted image

I actually like this episode, so I will probably keep up with the series. At first, I thought it would be guy to girl transformation, but seeing as even girls end up as Kämpfers, that threw my little idea down.
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

This show is so freaking ridiculous....

I LOVE IT!!!

Kampfer Akane and Natsuru are great. Can't wait to see Mikoto too.

Intestine Plushies... who came with THAT idea?

And I totally loled with the fourth wall breaking seiyuu accusations.

Am I the only one who can't stand male Natsuru's voice? His male voice makes me nauseous.

He does sound a little girly still. Marina Inoue is good a younger boys voices, but for Natsuru's age, it doesn't really work. They would have been better off just finding a cheap male VA.

I think you're in luck in any case. The way things are looking, he's not going to be in male form very often. After all, the girl he likes wants to confess to his female self.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    I'm usually not interrested in gender change shows...
    But that one seems to have a high LOL potential, I laughed a bit throughout the ep and it's really fast paced.
    Supposing it won't stall too quickly, I probably will watch it with an amused eye.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    decent enough opening action sequence. some clearly cut corners, but, hell, doesn't seem like action is the real crux here...

a refreshing change from archetype women? ABSOLUTELY NOT. transitioning the viewer into the show? NO. talking dolls? OF COURSE. nobody blinking at gunfights breaking out all over suburban Japan? TTHAT'S RIGHT. OF COURSE. transformation sequence? CHECK entertainment value? YET TO BE DETERIMINED

i was a little surprised (but not really) to see that this thing is set in the ward i live in now.

most enjoyable moment was the "why are the weapon names so awkward?" one. really an asston of exposition and engineered, awkward moments though. the whole show felt a little rushed, and although i enjoyed some of the gags, it wasn't all that funny. really not sure i'll stick with this one. it was all pretty boring, somehow.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Quote Originally Posted by masamuneehs
    decent enough opening action sequence. some clearly cut corners, but, hell, doesn't seem like action is the real crux here...

a refreshing change from archetype women? ABSOLUTELY NOT. transitioning the viewer into the show? NO. talking dolls? OF COURSE. nobody blinking at gunfights breaking out all over suburban Japan? TTHAT'S RIGHT. OF COURSE. transformation sequence? CHECK entertainment value? YET TO BE DETERIMINED

i was a little surprised (but not really) to see that this thing is set in the ward i live in now.

most enjoyable moment was the "why are the weapon names so awkward?" one. really an asston of exposition and engineered, awkward moments though. the whole show felt a little rushed, and although i enjoyed some of the gags, it wasn't all that funny. really not sure i'll stick with this one. it was all pretty boring, somehow.
    For some reason that show reminded me of Akikan. The eyes and the WTFBBQ from everywhere maybe.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by David75
    For some reason that show reminded me of Akikan.
    Same for me. Hopefully there will be more fighting in this than there was in Akikan, though.
    Last edited by Marik; Mon, 10-05-2009 at 09:27 AM.

you can add me to the list of people who were reminded of Akikan by this first episode. though i only watched the first episode of Akikan :\

user posted image

Ok, f*** it, i´ll give this series a try. Though the premise of watching a dude turning into a hot girl is, at least, "disturbing". If i become gay because of this series, oh well, not my fault :/

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli
    Ok, f*** it, i´ll give this series a try. Though the premise of watching a dude turning into a hot girl is, at least, "disturbing". If i become gay because of this series, oh well, not my fault :/
    I did not like the premise either, but it's amusing at least.
    Although that second ep lacked the freshness of the first, obviously.
    And I still think it's a lot like Akkikan in the style or atmosphere.

Oh, and for a boy transforming into a girl, it's only right if it's too fool with other girls/women

Blog Entries
    Wasn't there a series named ramma that already did this?