Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail

Of the current groups doing Fairy Tail... which do you guys recommend?

I see:
    Hiyono
    Tsuki
    Kyuubi
    DarkSoul Subs

no HorribleSubs please

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    No idea Zell, since I only watch Horrible myself.

This episode was canon, right?

With someone so strong in the guild, the only reason I can think of that he wasn't mentioned in the whole "strongest wizard in Fairy Tail" talk before was that the author didn't think up Gildartz until now. Or it's filler, but that doesn't quite seem like it.

What I also failed to understand was that if the dragon left, why did Gildartz not go back to complete his quest, or wait till he completely healed before doing so if he hasn't already recovered? Again, only one reason makes sense to me - that the damage Gildartz took weakened him forever.

edit: seeing Lisanna again rather re-confirms my idea that none of the female characters alive are anywhere close to forming a romantic relationship with Natsu.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sat, 04-23-2011 at 09:06 PM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    With someone so strong in the guild, the only reason I can think of that he wasn't mentioned in the whole "strongest wizard in Fairy Tail" talk before was that the author didn't think up Gildartz until now. Or it's filler, but that doesn't quite seem like it.
    Gildarts wasn't mentioned until now because they didn't know the anime was going to be this long. It was originally supposed to end after the Fighting Festival arc, so they avoided mentioning him. He was mentioned multiple times in the manga before this point.
    Last edited by Marik; Sat, 04-23-2011 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marik View Post
    Gildarts wasn't mentioned until now because they didn't know the anime was going to be this long. It was originally supposed to end after the Fighting Festival arc, so they avoided mentioning him. He's was mentioned multiple times in the manga before this point.
    Was he mentioned in that part where they introduced the concept of S-class quests, and they talked about Mystogan or Laxus being the strongest person in Fairy Tail? They all seem pretty certain there aren't any contenders for the position when Gildarts showed up.

Was he mentioned in that part where they introduced the concept of S-class quests, and they talked about Mystogan or Laxus being the strongest person in Fairy Tail?
    Are you talking about the part where they first introduced the board on the second floor? He wasn't mentioned by name then, only as "That Geezer."

I assumed they were making up new "strongest person in Fairy Tail" as the plot required as well. But I guess they just don't talk about him because he could have been gone on that job indefinitely.

SS Quests, 10 Year Quests, and 100 Year Quests also felt like ass-pulls.

"Hey, haven't our main characters completed, like, 3 S-Rank missions now? Better invent a new ranks. Hell, make up 3, that'll give us somewhere to go later."

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    They mentioned Gildartz at the festival. Can't recall if it was in the anime as well. They did in the manga anyway.

Last edited by NeoCybercoin; Sun, 04-24-2011 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    SS Quests, 10 Year Quests, and 100 Year Quests also felt like ass-pulls.

"Hey, haven't our main characters completed, like, 3 S-Rank missions now? Better invent a new ranks. Hell, make up 3, that'll give us somewhere to go later."
    10 and 100 year quests obviously are just difficult quests that nobody has been able to finish in all that time. It's not really a rank as such. A 100 years quest is just a quest that nobody has been able to, or cared to, solve in a century, nothing more or nothing less. SS is a real new rank out of nowhere, though, like you said.

Hmm, I don't remember them mentioning Gildarts in either accounts mentioned above in the anime, but its good to know he was always around in Magnolia somewhere (or not?).

lol@Lucy above. It reminds me that we need to see Mira fight more .

The weirdest thing about 10 and 100 year quests is who pays for them?

so there should technically be a bunch of quests inbetween 10 and 100 years, like "54 year" quests etc aswell, lol

And seriously, "Mist Gun", really? thats just ridiculous lol

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Penner View Post
    so there should technically be a bunch of quests inbetween 10 and 100 years, like "54 year" quests etc aswell, lol

And seriously, "Mist Gun", really? thats just ridiculous lol
    Technically, you can say that.

It sounds better in Japanese I guess, since Ten/Hundred/Thousands sound better and more compact as a place-holder than in English where it gives the meaning of being a definitive number.

It's suppose to be Mystogan and not "Mist Gun". I wonder if he originally intended it as some sort of pun.

A translation group didn't get a proper name right when trying to figure out what it was by how it sounds?? Stop the presses!

The weirdest thing about 10 and 100 year quests is who pays for them?
    Organizations probably. Maybe the government. Posting them and then leaving them open until someone completes them.

Then again, who knows how long wizards can live.

I thought of governments, but then also remembered that they'd have armies to do their biddings. The magic council had a powerful enough one as it did when they captured Jellal, and that was just a council.

I did forget about the lifespan of wizards though. I think they did mention here that their lifespan was greater than our average human one too.

No idea Zell, since I only watch Horrible myself.
    Dang. Guess I'll try any of those then. Thanks Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell View Post
    Dang. Guess I'll try any of those then. Thanks Bill.
    Personally I am a fan of Tsuki for the recent stuff. Up until they stopped doing it, Ryugan was by far my favorite.

I thought of governments, but then also remembered that they'd have armies to do their biddings. The magic council had a powerful enough one as it did when they captured Jellal, and that was just a council.
    I don't think the armies actually mean anything though. The governments have the authority to tell wizards what to do, but against criminals that actually weren't WILLING to be taken, they've been shown to be powerless. That was shown in like the very first arc, when the army tried to arrest Erigor's people, they were wiped out. And that was a WEAK shadow guild.

I did forget about the lifespan of wizards though. I think they did mention here that their lifespan was greater than our average human one too.
    And that's if there ISN'T things like spells that steal the life from people.

Or liches!

OP 7 Single

[HoshiAM] Fairy Tail OP 7 Single - Evidence - DaisyxDaisy: Torrent | DDL

Episode 77

[HorribleSubs] Fairy Tail 77 - 720p: Torrent | DDL
    [HorribleSubs] Fairy Tail 77 - 480p: Torrent | DDL

*Staring*.......
    *Staring*......
    What's with the scratches?
    SHUTUP!!

Poor Gajeel :P

So Happy, Charle(correct name?), and Mystogan, are all from the 'alternate world' Edolas... i hope Gajeel is still 'alive', being a dragon slayer and all, because it would be kinda fun to see him join Natsu and Wendy in their inevitable quest to save the guild/town/world :P

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."