I just read the first 3 books of this series (Storm Front, Fool Moon, Grave Peril) over the weekend, and I thought they were really good... written by Jim Butcher. I know at least one person here reads this series, so who else reads them?

I really like Harry as a narrator, particularly because he's quite funny and you know that by the end of the book, you'll start wondering how the heck the guy isn't crippled already. He always ends up completely beat up and messed up.

I saw the tv series a couple of years ago, but I think the novel is much better. I saw that some of the characters where changed quite a bit.

If anyone is interested, http://www.bookdepository.com/ has the books at a pretty good price, most of them 50% off if you don't have access to them through your local library or to some used books.

Anyways, cool story so far. Fast pace, a quick read, funny, and can get violent. Some good characters a dialogue too. Urban fantasy.

My favorite part so far is when Harry goes to Bianca's party in a vampire costume... I really laughed my ass off in that part.

So who else reads it? And if you do, I would appreciate it if you would refrain from spoiling until I've caught up. I hope to catch up within a month or two.

Elven books are out at the moment, with the twelth one coming out next year. I hear the series gets better by the book.

From Storm Front, the first novel:

Harry Dresden is the best at what he does. Well, technically, he's the only at what he does. So when the Chicago P.D. has a case that transcends mortal creativity or capability, they come to him for answers. For the "everyday" world is actually full of strange and magical things -- and most of them don't play well with humans. That's where Harry comes in. Takes a wizard to catch a -- well, whatever.

There's just one problem. Business, to put it mildly, stinks. So when the police bring him in to consult on a grisly double murder committed with black magic, Harry's seeing dollar signs. But where there's black magic, there's a black mage behind it. And now that mage knows Harry's name. And that's when things start to get... interesting.

Magic. It can get a guy killed.
http://www.jim-butcher.com/books/dresden/