Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Book: The Dresden Files

Just got Cold Days. About to begin one of life's ultimate pleasures.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Abdula View Post
    Just got Cold Days. About to begin one of life's ultimate pleasures.
    Mine shipped 2 days ago, hope it arrives soon. I hope it's better than Ghost Story, which was a disappointment I thought.

Ghost Story wasn't so much a disappointment to me since I didn't have such high expectations in the first place. The book was kinda dull though and just not on the scale we had gotten used to in the last few books. I was recently rereading the previous books, I usually do so right before another one comes out, and Ghost Story feels like Storm Front. The pace was kinda slow, there wasn't that much going on and there wasn't any overarching scenarios going on in the background like the war. Only about 150 pages into Cold Days so far and Dresden is definitely Dresden again. I'm not going to give anything away but so far the book reminds me of Summer Knight, the reason should be obvious, and Dresden is back to being a pawn again.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Abdula View Post
    Ghost Story wasn't so much a disappointment to me since I didn't have such high expectations in the first place. The book was kinda dull though and just not on the scale we had gotten used to in the last few books. I was recently rereading the previous books, I usually do so right before another one comes out, and Ghost Story feels like Storm Front. The pace was kinda slow, there wasn't that much going on and there wasn't any overarching scenarios going on in the background like the war. Only about 150 pages into Cold Days so far and Dresden is definitely Dresden again. I'm not going to give anything away but so far the book reminds me of Summer Knight, the reason should be obvious, and Dresden is back to being a pawn again.

From what I've seen around, Cold Days looks like it'll be a good one, plenty seem to been loving it. My copy arrives next week.

Already downloaded and reading... so far it is interesting

Finished it yesterday, damn those books are way too short, I was reading very slowly too. I compared it to Summer Knight and after finishing it I think the comparison was right on. Great way to follow up Changes too with even more changes. Freaking great book, I had only two issues with it and neither of them are a big deal. Really looking forward to the next on.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Finished today, now for a year long wait

it was a good book, but yeah it had some things i did not in the least, hope to see some characters we did not see in this one in the next