Thread: Fax to Network solutions against SpamFaxes

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar

Fax to Network solutions against SpamFaxes

Yet another question. A bit difficult.

So, I'm searching for a solution allowing me to preview faxes before printing, to get rid of SpamFaxes and their printing costs.

My current multifunction printer does not have preview function, it directly prints faxes.

Since 8 of 10 faxes I get are spam, it really becomes urgent I deal with that problem.

I've been searching for multifunction printers that would allow incoming faxes to be stored in their memory, and with the use of their software, let met check on my pc wether I want to print previews or not.
    The thing is that some multifunctions do that, but it's never mentionned and even the manufacturer's representatives have no clue about it.

So far I've found some models from HP, but they have tremendous problems with their paper carriers, so no thanks.
    Many Brother multifunctions do that, but I hate their product and their ink management: if the printer thinks a cartridge is empty, it will stop all printing, even if you only print black and that cartridge is ok. Also, at times the printer tells you a cartridge is empty when obviously it isn't.

Another solution would be a little box with a RTC line-in and an ethernet out. It would act as a faxbox for incoming faxes. But such a thing does not exist, does it?

I've tried old RTC modems, but driver support isn't good enough nowadays.

If anyone knows of a cheap and easy solution, thanks a lot for help.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    I've heard of some different free fax services online but haven't used any of them firsthand.

They have the ability to fwd the fax to your inbox as a tiff or jpg file.

Quote Originally Posted by itadakimasu
    I've heard of some different free fax services online but haven't used any of them firsthand.

They have the ability to fwd the fax to your inbox as a tiff or jpg file.
    My problem is that the number for that fax and phone has a long history, starting in 1987 and we have to keep it.

As I understand things, fax2mail and other webfax services create a new number, which isn't possible here.

There's one phoneline, that also is the faxline. The ones using it have extremely low technical knowledge and do not want to have a new number.

So my only solution is to find the right device.

Thanks

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    efax.com has a feature to let you port over an existing number.

I didn't look at other services but others probably offer the same service. I got some pricing on efax ( i think it was efax) for work a few weeks ago and it was decent if you take into consideration costs you pay for a phone line and what not for the fax machine to run.

We got some really expensive fax boards less than a year ago though and can't justify the cost of replacing them ( $8000+ for fax boards!!! zomg)

Quote Originally Posted by itadakimasu
    efax.com has a feature to let you port over an existing number.

I didn't look at other services but others probably offer the same service. I got some pricing on efax ( i think it was efax) for work a few weeks ago and it was decent if you take into consideration costs you pay for a phone line and what not for the fax machine to run.

We got some really expensive fax boards less than a year ago though and can't justify the cost of replacing them ( $8000+ for fax boards!!! zomg)
    Ouch, overpriced for my single machine use.
    I'll check the porting, if for example the service can separate faxes and voice calls and if you can redirect a fax call if you take it by mistake.

Thanks again