Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 125

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    Cause Kakashi got the Mangekyou, and Gai ain't dead, so I'm guessing Kakashi considers Ubito his best friend.
    That's pretty much it. Years ago, Kakashi told team 7 that everybody dear to him is gone (I think it was said to semi-emo Sasuke before he left, and why he taught him the Chidori).

He considers Gai his rival, but certainly not is best friend.

You probably don't have to directly kill your friend, but I think you have to feel responsible for it in return. Otherwise, how many Uchihas have had their best friend killed?

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

That day musta been a roller-coaster ride for him.

"Oh no! I killed my best friend! Oh sweet! Free power-up!"

Actually, after thinking about it some more, I wonder if you actually have to kill your best friend, or if your best friend just has to die.

Cause Kakashi got the Mangekyou, and Gai ain't dead, so I'm guessing Kakashi considers Ubito his best friend.
    When did Kakashi get mangekyou? I guess that may be in the manga, or maybe I just missed it at some point?

Also yes, I meant Itachi earlier. I have a strong feeling that there is a link between Madara and Itachi, one possibly formed before he decided to test his 'capacity'. Didn't Madara, in essence, test Sasuke's capacity this last episode? I'm really enjoying this arc.

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    i don't think kakashi has the same mangekyou that itachi does. he has some space-time dimensional vortex eye trap thing that he shot off deidara's arm with.

user posted image

Quote Originally Posted by Pandadice
    space-time dimensional vortex eye trap
    Man, he should totally say that when he uses it on an enemy, would be totally badass

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Yeah im really wondering now about the motivation/intentions of the three uchihas...

We know sasuke is motivated by revenge and his intention is to kill Itachi.. But is that motivation concrete? Every time we have seen the mangekyou (sp?) there has been a red moon present, most noably in kakashis experince... and there is one time where tha caught my eye, when sasuke comes home and find all his family dead, then the scene shifts, the moon becomes red and sasuke sees itachi kill his dad i think it was.

The only flash back we have of itachi actually KILLING sasukes family was with a red moon in the sky so it always made me wonder if thats what actually happend? Could itachi or even madara altered saskues perception of the past in order to motivate them. It seems clear to me that this can be a working possibility but the motivation remains a mystery, perhaps itachi changed it to motivate sasuke to get strong to kill madara? But on the flip side wouldnt simply telling sasuke also have achived that, and with itachis guideance he could have become much stronger much faster one would assume.

Im not sure what the ultimate reason for itachi wanting to motivate sasuke is, i always assumed that if i was wrong, and events are exactley as sasuke remembers them then its some kind of forgivness he is seeking by his own death, or perhaps he is like an adrenaline freak always looking for the nex big fight... but if thats true why would he ally himself with the strongest ninja in the land and limit his oppertunity to fight with such people?

I still think that itachi never killed his family thought. He cried at sasukes death, hes always seemed cool and calm not brash and thugish.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    That's pretty much it. Years ago, Kakashi told team 7 that everybody dear to him is gone (I think it was said to semi-emo Sasuke before he left, and why he taught him the Chidori).

He considers Gai his rival, but certainly not is best friend.

You probably don't have to directly kill your friend, but I think you have to feel responsible for it in return. Otherwise, how many Uchihas have had their best friend killed?
    Gai sees Kakashi as a rival, Kakashi couldn't care less about that.
    Hakke Rokujūyon Shō!

Quote Originally Posted by Pandadice
    space-time dimensional vortex eye trap lightning eye teleportation
    Madara has a Sharingan. Kakashi has a Sharingan. Kakashi can use a space-time technique with his Mangekyou Sharingan. What if........

That also makes me question the nature of Itachi's black flame technique. It's supposedly hotter than the sun. It's a flame that's hotter than anything we've ever seen. It's a flame that's not of this world.

It's not very credible, but I just had the idea that the Mangekyou Sharingan may be a tool that lets you access a certain dimension. Itachi could summon some demonic flame from there. Kakashi could teleport his victims into there. Madara might be able to use it as a means of instant de/materialisation.

Gai sees Kakashi as a rival, Kakashi couldn't care less about that.
    Haha, true.

Using an alternate dimension to teleport.. Nightcrawler anyone? ^_^

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

for anyone who cares about the OP/ED's, FLOW is doing the new OP starting October 1st(which would be episode 129).. they're the ones that did GO! and Re:member in part 1

Quote Originally Posted by chambers
    Every time we have seen the mangekyou (sp?) there has been a red moon present, most noably in kakashis experince... and there is one time where tha caught my eye, when sasuke comes home and find all his family dead, then the scene shifts, the moon becomes red and sasuke sees itachi kill his dad i think it was.

The only flash back we have of itachi actually KILLING sasukes family was with a red moon in the sky so it always made me wonder if thats what actually happend?
    I don't think the red moon means anything, it's just symbolism. The technique "Tsukuyomi" is named after the Japanese god of the moon, his other technique "Amaterasu" is also named after the god of the sun.
    Last edited by arondruiz; Sat, 09-05-2009 at 11:25 AM.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Tobis teleport technique seems to be pretty badass, he's just like "woosh" and gone.

I wonder if it was the typical "disband-teleport" every ninja got, or some kind of technique (which is most likely the case)
    he "turned" into the red lighting itself and disappeared

I'd like to see this technique in a fight.. it would look really cool when he zips around, blocking and attacking while doing so
    just like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrVdCkKxty4

I wonder what his range limit is though... or if he has a limit in the first place.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Sat, 09-05-2009 at 05:12 PM.

Every time we have seen the mangekyou (sp?) there has been a red moon present, most noably in kakashis experince... and there is one time where tha caught my eye, when sasuke comes home and find all his family dead, then the scene shifts, the moon becomes red and sasuke sees itachi kill his dad i think it was.

The only flash back we have of itachi actually KILLING sasukes family was with a red moon in the sky so it always made me wonder if thats what actually happend?
    Quote Originally Posted by arondruiz
    I don't think the red moon means anything, it's just symbolism. The technique "Tsukuyomi" is named after the Japanese god of the moon, his other technique "Amaterasu" is also named after the god of the sun.
    What he's saying is that every time we see the Uchiha killing scene, there's a red moon. I can't confirm whether this is the case, but his point is, if that is so then the only thing we know about the Uchiha murder is what Itachi has told/shown use/Sasuke, and the truth may be different.

I found this funny video related to the last episode:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFk_Dwku-eQ

Also, no one mentioned but when the chick said that the sky was crying, was she alluding to some ability of Pain?

Quote Originally Posted by chambers
    Yeah im really wondering now about the motivation/intentions of the three uchihas...
    I always believed that Itachi leaving Saske alive was his way of attoning for his actions - that he recoginized what he had done was wrong, but couldn't admit it even to himself, so left someone he thought could one day settle the score alive to do so.

I was definitely under the impression that he left Sasuke alive because he WANTED him to kill him someday.(probably because he actually says that. "If you want to kill me, hate me etc etc.")

I don't know why he'd want to, but thats the feeling I get from it.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Mon, 09-07-2009 at 05:24 AM.

I don't know why he'd want to, but thats the feeling I get from it.
    To test his own capacity?

If say Itachi and Madara knew each other, and Madara said "You're good, but you'll never be as good as Sasuke." or something?

It'd be someone godly saying to him his limit is Sasuke. Then it makes sense for him to kill his entire clan as an incentive for Sasuke to develop and kill Itachi, thus allowing Itachi to test his "limits".

That's how it always seemed to me, ever since Itachi told Sasuke to hate him.

Dont know where to post, but i just wanted to experiment a bit with combining old naruto music and new shippuden scenes. Found it a bit cool, hehe. Deidara vs. Gaara:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B09JU5FQxs

when did this happen? I don't remember that, I thought he just had sharingan

.................................................. sig made by KitKat ..................................................

Quote Originally Posted by Mugen
    when did this happen? I don't remember that, I thought he just had sharingan
    In his Deidara fight, where he warped his arms in another dimension. That's no normal Sharingan. And in the fight with the fake Itachi he revealed a secret about Mangekyou sharingan which stumbled Itachi.
    Hakke Rokujūyon Shō!

Yeah, at the time, I didn't think it qualified as Mangekyou Sharingan either because 1. It looked different. 2. It had completely different powers than Itachi's and 3. He didn't have to kill his best friend since, again, Gai didn't suddenly turn up dead(I definitely think Gai is the best friend Kakashi has that ISN'T DEAD).

But now, since it's been revealed that Sharingan basically does at least 10 different things now, and I think Ubito's death counts(agree with Buff, that Kakashi blames himself for Ubito's death, meaning in his mind, he killed his best friend, which is probably good enough for the Sharingan), I'm inclined to agree with what everyone else was saying, that Kakashi got Mangekyou and it just looks different than Itachi's.

Also, why is there all this speculation about Tobi's teleportation? It was plainly visible to me that he changed into a bolt of lightning and launched into the sky. All this about it being some Sharingan power when it seems like just an awesome Lightning Element Jutsu to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    To test his own capacity?

If say Itachi and Madara knew each other, and Madara said "You're good, but you'll never be as good as Sasuke." or something?
    That would make Itachi retarded then.

"I can't beat that kid who can barely do a fireball jutsu with my Mangekyou Sharingan? Well, I guess I could just go kill him right now and prove you wrong. Oh, you mean "in the future" IF I let him live he MIGHT get stronger than me? Alright, I'll take that bet!"

If he really wanted to test his limits, maybe he should try fighting Madara.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Tue, 09-08-2009 at 11:06 AM.

That would make Itachi retarded then.

"I can't beat that kid who can barely do a fireball jutsu with my Mangekyou Sharingan? Well, I guess I could just go kill him right now and prove you wrong. Oh, you mean "in the future" IF I let him live he MIGHT get stronger than me? Alright, I'll take that bet!"

If he really wanted to test his limits, maybe he should try fighting Madara.
    But if that was the case, fighting Madara doesn't prove him wrong. You might say Itachi's actions are idiotic, but they can equally be described as proud. Like you said, how would you feel if you, arguably the most ingenious Uchiha in recent history, was told that you'll be no better than your little brother who can barely blow a fireball at the age when you already became a Genin/Chuunin (or was it ANBU? Citation needed)?

"Oh yeah? Well I'll go kill him now and shove it in your face Madara!" - doesn't work. It's about potential, and that's what Itachi's aiming for. Sasuke isn't like other regular enemies that he has to defeat with all means possible. There's no point to Itachi unless Sasuke matures to his max, then he kills him.